Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   advice on my fantasy team (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13415)

HoopitUP 10-10-2006 08:20 PM

advice on my fantasy team

sup peoples, my first year playing fantasy, just need some advice and pointers on what i should do. also what you think of my team.

thanks

PG C. Billups

SG K. Bryant

SF P. Pierce

PF D. West

C Z. Ilgauskas

Util R. Lewis

BN A. Nocioni

BN M. Ginobili

BN S. Claxton

BN R. LaFrentz

BN U. Haslem

BN D. Fisher

jrt1584 10-10-2006 08:41 PM

U definitely need to drop Derek Fisher and pick up someone that'll give u some rebounds/blocks. Also, there's gotta be some free agents available that are more valuable than LaFrentz... I'd rate your team a 7 outta 10.

ThaKid 10-10-2006 08:44 PM

how many teams are in ur league????

jrt1584 10-10-2006 08:47 PM

Just from looking at his roster, i'd guess 14 to 16 at least...

RidonKs 10-10-2006 08:56 PM

Two first rounders though with Pierce and Kobe. That's a great duo. I dunno how you managed that.

Tess Squad 10-10-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoopitUP
sup peoples, my first year playing fantasy, just need some advice and pointers on what i should do. also what you think of my team.

thanks

PG C. Billups

SG K. Bryant

SF P. Pierce

PF D. West

C Z. Ilgauskas

Util R. Lewis

BN A. Nocioni

BN M. Ginobili

BN S. Claxton

BN R. LaFrentz

BN U. Haslem

BN D. Fisher

Your team needs some help. I don't know if its H2H and what is scored in your league, but you desperately need REBS and BLKS. Right now its 5 out of 10, 6 at best.

I'd say you're heavy on PTS and could use ASSTs as well. FG and FT% are tough to predict, but you look avg. on FG% and for FT% you don't have any of those top 10 dogs that can really kill a teams FT% so you're avg there too.

Get rid of Lafrentz and Fisher immediately. Pick up Kwame or someone on the FA list that can give you some boards. Sheldon Williams may be a good calculated risk to pick up as well if available. He could make some early strides with Blks and REBS.

Blks are tough to pick up any real added value from the FA list. You may want to work up a trade but I don't know where you can do that...Maybe target Ginobli/Nocioni who are good for your squad but may be able to get you some BLKS.

Sorry brother. How many teams in your league? Can you post a list

vapid 10-10-2006 09:08 PM

Well if this is a H2H team letssee...

3s: Dominant
Assists: Ok
Rebounds: below average
Steals: Average
Blocks: very weak
Fg%: below average
FT%: Strong
TOs: weak-average

So I guess you could win 5 out of 9 cats a week, but I would try to maybe trade D. West or Z for a bigman or two that complements your cats better. Try getting maybe Okur, Jamison, Rasheed, AK or Diaw.

HoopitUP 10-10-2006 09:24 PM

thanks guys.. ill try to make some changes hopefully it will go ok. its my first year playing fantasy so dont really know much LOL trying to pick it up as i go