Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Anyone try out or play for D-league? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134274)

ProfessorMurder 06-03-2009 09:18 PM

Anyone try out or play for D-league?

So? I'm just curious... Has anyone here ever tried out or played in the D-League or another minor league basketball association?

unbreakable 06-03-2009 09:20 PM

Re: Anyone try out or play for D-league?

Na but Im trying out for the Austin Toros hopefully come October.. I read on the NBDL websites the tryouts are in October.. gotta pay like $150 I think.. hopefully Ill be registering soon. Its like a 5-7 hour workout so hopefully they get a good look at ya abilities. Supposedly its over 100 guys that tryout.. they take the best 25 back for the 2nd day.. from there they choose 2 for the team and you still aint guaranteed a spot.. ..

kurple 06-03-2009 09:22 PM

I Play at the highest league in Norway, but i guess that is like D-league.

NBA4EVER 06-03-2009 09:26 PM

i plan to do that when i am older. i figure my best chance to get to the NBA would be to take my talent to the D-LEAGUE.

But i have a couple years till that happens. im only on the JV Basketball Team at my high school

Rake2204 06-03-2009 09:32 PM

No D-League, but I have tried out for an IBL team.

1~Gibson~1 06-03-2009 09:37 PM

im still in high skool but if i dont get drafted then i may go to the Hawks (closest team) or Cavs (fave team) D-League/Summer League thingy.

Hammertime 06-03-2009 09:39 PM

I tried out for the UO Ducks. It was a combination of being 16, Canadian, and na´ve. I figured a kid who was voted runner-up for best HS basketball player in a North American city of a million people had a fighting chance. It was embarrassing. :oldlol:

Though as a result, I did get invited to a party where I played Fred Jones at beer pong.

OneMoreSucka 06-03-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
im still in high skool but if i dont get drafted then i may go to the Hawks (closest team) or Cavs (fave team) D-League/Summer League thingy.

:oldlol: @ you randomly thinking you have a chance at being drafted.

Arti 06-03-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammertime
I tried out for the UO Ducks. It was a combination of being 16, Canadian, and na´ve. I figured a kid who was voted runner-up for best HS basketball player in a North American city of a million people had a fighting chance. It was embarrassing. :oldlol:

Though as a result, I did get invited to a party where I played Fred Jones at beer pong.

lol, I go to Duke and I've gotten to play basketball players on random occasions. Kyle Singler is terrible. Steve Johnson (a walk-on) is the best player I've ever seen.

1~Gibson~1 06-03-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
:oldlol: @ you randomly thinking you have a chance at being drafted.

u think im not gonna get drafted?

visirale 06-03-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Unless your name is John Wall, no.

OneMoreSucka 06-03-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Correct, why would I believe otherwise

NBA4EVER 06-03-2009 09:47 PM

i hear these days you have to be pretty good to be drafted

Hammertime 06-03-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

With your spelling and grammar, I think you should be more worried about academic eligibility for a Div1 school. And that's saying something.

kurple 06-03-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammertime
With your spelling and grammar, I think you should be more worried about academic eligibility for a Div1 school. And that's saying something.

You gotta be the cool kid in you school