Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Uncertainty of Bobcats' ownership has Brown feeling uneasy (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134523)

Quizno 06-05-2009 07:19 PM

Uncertainty of Bobcats' ownership has Brown feeling uneasy

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/06/05/b....ap/index.html

uh oh. so if there's an ownership change resulting in Michael being stripped of his role of running the team's basketball operations, things may not look too good.

the one line that really gets to me is this one:
A Hall of Famer coaching his record ninth NBA team, Brown said he "came here because of Michael."

does larry brown leave if michael is stripped of his role of running the cats?

onewickedlady 06-05-2009 10:50 PM

Re: Uncertainty of Bobcats' ownership has Brown feeling uneasy

Ditto the uh oh..................

Timmeh 06-05-2009 11:32 PM

I think if MJ becomes majority owner, he would make a stipulation to retain his influence in the FO, at least I think he should.

onewickedlady 06-06-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmeh
I think if MJ becomes majority owner, he would make a stipulation to retain his influence in the FO, at least I think he should.

Isn't the worry more that MJ may lose his player personnel position if someone from the outside becomes majority owner and then where does that leave LB? If LB leaves the Bobcats then we are royally screwed.

~spectre~ 06-06-2009 04:54 PM

If MJ becomes the majority owner then there's no need for a stipulation as it'd be his decision to make.

LB came because of MJ so he'd leave if MJ was run out. Luckily for us I think the odds are great that Jordan will end up being the majority owner.

onewickedlady 06-16-2009 03:41 PM

Has anyone come upon any updates regarding this topic? I haven't seen anything. I wonder what MJs silence means. Maybe there just aren't any takers wanting to overpay.

Undisputed 06-16-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Has anyone come upon any updates regarding this topic? I haven't seen anything. I wonder what MJs silence means. Maybe there just aren't any takers wanting to overpay.

I was about to come to this forum and ask for updates on this. I too, haven't heard anything yet. MJ just needs to show Robert Johnson the money and get it over with. Relocating NBA teams annoys the living sh*t out of me.

onewickedlady 06-16-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undisputed
I was about to come to this forum and ask for updates on this. I too, haven't heard anything yet. MJ just needs to show Robert Johnson the money and get it over with. Relocating NBA teams annoys the living sh*t out of me.

The thing is that Robert Johnson expects to get his original investment in the team back when he sells the team. Who in their right mind would over pay by tens of millions of dollars for a team that hasn't proven itself yet. MJ for sure knows what he has in the team but that doesn't mean he'll cave in financially. He's hardly desperate but at the same time he probably wants to continue to be had of player personnel or whatever his title is.
:confusedshrug:

rufuspaul 06-16-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
The thing is that Robert Johnson expects to get his original investment in the team back when he sells the team. Who in their right mind would over pay by tens of millions of dollars for a team that hasn't proven itself yet. MJ for sure knows what he has in the team but that doesn't mean he'll cave in financially. He's hardly desperate but at the same time he probably wants to continue to be had of player personnel or whatever his title is.
:confusedshrug:

Like every other investment nowadays, Bob Johnson is gonna realize that there is only so much the market can bear. When pressed with the choice of selling the team for less than he likes or facing millions in losses for yet another year I think he'll come around.

TarHeelBorn 06-16-2009 10:53 PM

I heard a new owner is lined up. Just due diligence and stuff to be done. But could just be a rumor.

~spectre~ 06-17-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
I heard a new owner is lined up. Just due diligence and stuff to be done. But could just be a rumor.

THB c'mon man...you gotta give up more than that!

Not Jordan?