Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Ricky Rubio Wants To Play For The Knicks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134605)

Interminator 06-06-2009 10:37 AM

Ricky Rubio Wants To Play For The Knicks

Quote:

Speaking of agents: You've already heard about Dan Fegan issuing his Ricky Rubio warning. If the Spanish teen doesn't like his top 5 landing spot, he's staying home. Paying $6 million for the privilege of landing in Tennessee or Oklahoma isn't worth it, the story goes.

But we've heard this proviso from a few GMs in the last week: If Rubio gets a guarantee that he'll land in New York, he'll grab it with both hands even if the Knicks (picking 8th) don't have to move into the top 5 to get him.
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200...outs_ever.html

Quote:

Next day 13 of June, Blond Ricky and its mother, Tona, will begin a trip of one week by Memphis, Oklahoma City, Sacramento and New York, the cities the cities in which could begin their stage in the NBA, and to meet itself with the four tax exemptions (Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings and Knicks). Ricky will see in direct how they are the cities that welcome in the equipment that could choose it in ' Draft' , because the three first choose with the two, the three and the four, whereas the Great Apple, that it will choose in the eight, has shown interest in making a crossing to obtain to the Catalan.
http://www.marca.com/2009/06/06/balo...244269629.html

Sorry for the horrible translation, basically saying Rubio plans to visit only the Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings, & Knicks.

Interminator 06-06-2009 10:40 AM

Re: Ricky Rubio Wants To Play For The Knicks

I didnt know the NBA Draft was becoming like the MLB Draft where players can force themselves to slip to be drafted into situations they prefer financially.

I could see Oklahoma City trading down with New York considering OKC is targeting a swingman and there stands a chance 1 of Derozan or Harden might slip to #8.

Conspiracy Theory:
Rubio ends up on the Knicks with the help of David Stern, Nike, and his agent Dan Fegan.
Once New York didnt get the top pick it became clear that Rubio would either pull out of the draft or force his way into a situation that he wants specifically the Knicks.

GUUS 06-06-2009 10:46 AM

Rubio on the knicks=gauranteed Bron is going there, along with him buying all of MSG hot dogs.

Interminator 06-06-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUUS
Rubio on the knicks=gauranteed Bron is going there, along with him buying all of MSG hot dogs.

:confusedshrug:

Rubio solidifies a young core that New York would basically have for LeBron to anchor when compared to an aging core in Cleveland.

Rubio, Robinson, Chandler, Gallinari, Harrington, Lee is a solid core of role players and in D'Antonio's system they would be fun to watch.

Kebab Stall 06-06-2009 11:02 AM

I just hope that Memphis trade down, possibly with New York, so that we can bring in some extra players. Rather than drafting Rubio and then have him not coming over.

NigeriaGangsta 06-06-2009 11:14 AM

Retarded post.

Interminator first posted a quote from nj.com saying that "landing in Tennessee or Oklahoma isn't worth it". Then you posted the second source saying "Rubio plans to visit only the Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings, & Knicks."

The first source directly contradicts the second source. This is basic logic 101. If Ricky doesn't want to go to TN or OK, why is he visiting Grizzlies and Thunder.

Your logic is fxxxed up and stupid.

bagelred 06-06-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I just hope that Memphis trade down, possibly with New York, so that we can bring in some extra players. Rather than drafting Rubio and then have him not coming over.

To be honest, the #8 pick, Nate Robinson, and cash is not a bad package.....Grizz will still get quality guy at 8 spot, and he'll have a cheaper rookie contract.

Rubio is in a great position. He can say (and I hope he does), "If I don't go to the Knicks, I won't come to NBA...", and he'll mean it.

Americans hate to admit that players have options outside of the NBA.

To be honest, I hope the Knicks do make a crossing so we get him in the Great Apple.

brooks_thompson 06-06-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall

I can't think of a Knicks scenario, unless they are willing to give up the #8, 2 future firsts, and Chandler for Rubio and Darko (whom they recently expressed interest in and has a $7 million expiring). They'd have to throw in a filler to to match salaries.

The Kings probably make the best trading partner, with Jason Thompson coming over AND if Thabeet is still there at the 4 pick.

Memphis has a core of nice young players, but it's really about time for them to pony up and try to spend some money on one of Utah's veteran PFs this summer, because Bosh/Stoudemire in 2010 are pipe dreams for Memphis at this point.

Glo41 06-06-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
I can't think of a Knicks scenario, unless they are willing to give up the #8, 2 future firsts, and Chandler for Rubio and Darko (whom they recently expressed interest in and has a $7 million expiring). They'd have to throw in a filler to to match salaries.

Damn Knicks would get raped in a deal like that. Rubio better be a superstar if that ever happened!

bagelred 06-06-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
I can't think of a Knicks scenario, unless they are willing to give up the #8, 2 future firsts, and Chandler for Rubio and Darko

That is waaaaaaaaaay too much. Be realistic now.

Kebab Stall 06-06-2009 11:27 AM

I can't really think of a trade that benefits both teams involving the Knicks and the Grizz. The players we want/need, are players that the Knicks don't want to give up.

If Rubio wants to go to the Knicks, then they should move up, so that everyone benefits. I don't want Memphis drafting Thabeet, just because Rubio doesn't want to play in Memphis, when we can make a trade and get something more beneficial for the team.

Quote:

Memphis has a core of nice young players, but it's really about time for them to pony up and try to spend some money on one of Utah's veteran PFs this summer, because Bosh/Stoudemire in 2010 are pipe dreams for Memphis at this point.
Completely agree. We need to spend money this year to even have a semi-decent team.

I'd love to have Millsap on the team, but I think Utah will resign him. So Boozer isn't a bad second option. He'd sure as hell be a step up over Hak and Arthur.

Although, I am terrified that we'll end up vastly over paying a role player. Which I think will happen with a retards like Heisley and Wallace behind the wheel.

NY-Knicks 06-06-2009 11:28 AM

i would love to see us grab Rubio. if we have to move up, trade anyone except Wilson, Danilo and first round draft picks (been there,done that). i would prefer if we could trade robinson and/or wilcox with a sign and trade + 8th pick for Memphis pick and fillers

brooks_thompson 06-06-2009 11:33 AM

Haha maybe, now that Rubio has had a bad last couple of games. And since Fegan has agreed to workouts for those 4 cities, especially Mem and OKC, it seems like he is backpedaling on his earlier claims, and maybe GMs feel he has something to prove.

But in Darko's defense, he's a good defensive backup center, and will save NY a decent amount after the season.

It doesn't seem too unrealistic of a deal, since Sacramento has a higher pick and more to offer. And then there's the consideration that the Knicks future picks will have some protection.

BankShot 06-06-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUUS

If we're talking purely basketball here, and not the NYC/Nike conspiracy garbage, why would Lebron want to play with someone without a jumpshot?? Sure he'd be able to handle the ball and take some playmaking duties away from Lebron, but they'd be able to double off of Rubio the whole game until he gets a legit jumper.

NY-Knicks 06-06-2009 11:57 AM

he just needs to work countless hours on his jumpshot.