Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134759)

KG5MVP 06-07-2009 10:03 PM

What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
The only reason white people survive in the NBA is because they can shoot, Bird, Nash, Nowitzki, Kerr, Kapono..... If Ricky only has average shooting, how can he survive in the NBA? I just don't see what specialty he has.

gotbacon23 06-07-2009 10:05 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
i don't know enough about his game, but there are PLENTY of players in the nba that can't shoot that well but are still effective... rajon rondo for one.

KG5MVP 06-07-2009 10:06 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotbacon23
i don't know enough about his game, but there are PLENTY of players in the nba that can't shoot that well but are still effective... rajon rondo for one.


but he's black, he has athleticism

DonDadda59 06-07-2009 10:06 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 

TheGrassIsGreen 06-07-2009 10:08 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KG5MVP
but he's black, he has athleticism



Rubio is not black, he has brains.

tastystaci 06-07-2009 10:09 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDadda59


This. Not to mention a guy named Rando who has one of the worst jump shots in NBA history. Please STFU. We get it, you hate white people. Nash didn't deserve either MVP. :banghead:

invisiblehoops 06-07-2009 10:10 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KG5MVP
The only reason white people survive in the NBA is because they can shoot, Bird, Nash, Nowitzki, Kerr, Kapono..... If Ricky only has average shooting, how can he survive in the NBA? I just don't see what specialty he has.


David Lee?

KG5MVP 06-07-2009 10:13 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by invisiblehoops
David Lee?


HE'S A big man, they don't need shot

GiveItToBurrito 06-07-2009 10:14 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
I wish there was a way to anti-rep someone. The argument being made by the OP is so absurd and borderline offensive that I'm not even going to bother tearing it to shreds (I'm sure that someone else will if the thread isn't deleted immediately).

qrich 06-07-2009 10:14 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
Shaun Livingston with no shot.

KG5MVP 06-07-2009 10:15 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Shaun Livingston with no shot.


who's that?

godofgods 06-07-2009 10:17 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KG5MVP
The only reason white people survive in the NBA is because they can shoot, Bird, Nash, Nowitzki, Kerr, Kapono..... If Ricky only has average shooting, how can he survive in the NBA? I just don't see what specialty he has.



Now, now don't be a racist ****** there buddy...

Im so nba'd out 06-07-2009 10:19 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
ricky rubio is spanish not white....

DonDadda59 06-07-2009 10:19 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
The OP is just exhibiting his ignorance of not only basketball, but also just in general. Saying the only reason White players like Bird, Nash, and Nowitzki 'survive' is because they can shoot is like saying the only reason Black players like Jordan, Vince Carter, and Lebron James survive is because they can dunk.

A healthy Manu Ginobli, a white player, is one of the best athletic slashers in the league. What's the explanation for that? So misguided it's almost comical. :oldlol:

KG5MVP 06-07-2009 10:20 PM

Re: What good is Ricky Rubio if he has no shot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDadda59
The OP is just exhibiting his ignorance of not only basketball, but also just in general. Saying the only reason White players like Bird, Nash, and Nowitzki 'survive' is because they can shoot is like saying the only reason Black players like Jordan, Vince Carter, and Lebron James survive is because they can dunk.

A healthy Manu Ginobli, a white player, is one of the best athletic slashers in the league. What's the explanation for that? So misguided it's almost comical. :oldlol:



you're a retard, manu ginobili is one of the best shooters


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy