Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Heat Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Wow, huge, huge speculation here... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348)

Baller 06-13-2006 04:33 PM

Wow, huge, huge speculation here...

The word is around a Philly news station is that Shaq apparently has hinted to his boy, and one of his favorite NBA friends Allen Iverson that Shaq told him that he wants the little guy there with him in Miami. Knowing that the Heat doesn't have any real parts to offer Philly, Shaq, according to sources has been telling Ivy to do what he did when he was in L.A., and to DEMAND a trade, and to demand that he will only go to Miami. Apparently this story is not to new, and a Miami Herald beat reporter said that someone within the team has already woekout that the numbers work for a Ivy for Jason Williams & A.Walker deal Cap wise.

The only problem is that no way would Philly take back those two pieces of non-talented crud for a All-Star/Hall of famer in Iverson. Which is why it was reported by a close assosiate of Ivy's yesterday that Shaq has been advising Ivy to " Whine & moan " his way out, and into Miami. Apparently the writer said the Heat would offer multiple 1st rounders as well, but problem is, Miami doesn't have any 1st rounders this year, and they are forbidden to deal their next year as well. And I seriously doubt that Philly would be Interested in 1st rounders in the years 2008 & 2010.

It will be interesting to see after the series IF the Heat should lose, do we all of a sudden start hearing rumors that Ivy wants to be dealt to the Heat. If we do, we will know that Shaq Illeagally tampared by contacting Ivy.

Interesting!!

Chamberlain 06-13-2006 09:39 PM

Is it illegal for players to contact other players about that? Shaq did the same thing to Payton and nobody made a big deal about it or anything. Just wondering.

Baller 06-14-2006 12:29 AM

It's very, very Illeagal. Payton, as well as Karl Malone were both free agents. Ivy is not. Although the info I have is that Shaq himself didn't contact Ivy. A buffer for Shaq did. Basically trying to circumvent the tampering laws.

Good win tonight by the Heat. However they may have lost anyways. Dallas did exactly what they wanted to. Kept it close, and forced Miami to extend their entire Wad just to comeback. And when you're an Old, and not very deep Heat team, that will kill them for the next game which is only one day off before game 4. Especially against a much deeper, younger, faster Mavs team. Dallas will win game 4. Miami's old players will be sucking wind mid-way thru the 3rd quarter.

adamcz 06-19-2006 01:27 PM

The Heat don't have any realistic pieces to offer for Iverson, so there's no point in discussing it. Whether Iverson demands a trade or not, the Sixers will want a top 5 draft pick and another great young player. Otherwise they'll keep him.

AKA AAP 06-19-2006 11:59 PM

The Shaq factor extends to more than just on court play, who doesn't want to play with Shaq? Another great benefit of having him on the team.

XxNeXuSxX 06-20-2006 12:06 AM

Shaq has probably the most respect from players around the league.

Spiderman08 24 06-20-2006 07:56 AM

:violin:

G.O.P 06-21-2006 02:36 AM

LOL :roll: . The Heat just won a championship, we're good w/ the team we've got. I've heard rumors about Iverson joinin the Heat circulate all over since the Heat recieved Shaq ... Lets just let the Heat BE for now. :cheers:

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith 06-21-2006 03:06 PM

Asa

Wade+'Toine for Iverson+Iguodala.

Lol.

KomplexBeats 06-22-2006 03:42 AM

yeah I can't see this happening.....

Peace

dtheck 06-29-2006 08:27 PM

hmmm... wouldn't mind seeing AI in Miami.. but I don't see this happening.

Czar 07-22-2006 09:17 AM

Shaq can control AI. So this might not be a bad deal.

CVMerlot954 07-22-2006 10:42 PM

Miami already has a great, young shooting guard.. D-wade.. The Heat deosn't need another one as a starter. A.I. would eat away too much of D-Wade shots. A.I. would be a better fit in Chi-town, because they've got a lot of defensive players, but not too many scorers. D-Wade, Walker, & Shaq provides enough offense. I wouldn't want to see A.I. playing alongside Wade in a Heat uniform. Unless A.I. played the game purely as a point guard. He attempts too many shots to average over 30.