Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Washington Wizards Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Official Washington Wizards Offseason Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134853)

The Big Skinny 06-08-2009 04:53 PM

Official Washington Wizards Offseason Thread

What would you like to see?

GiveItToBurrito 06-08-2009 05:37 PM

Re: Official Washington Wizards Offseason Thread

In order...
Amare Stoudemire
Kirk Hinrich
Jason Richardson
Jordan Hill
Mike Miller
Raymond Felton
Richard Jefferson

Also, I'd like to see us somehow snag one of Golden State's half dozen sniper-tastic shooting guards on the cheap. Morrow, Bellineli, Azbubuike, etc. are all great players on cheap contracts, and I think that we reeeeally need a shooter to come off the bench and play the Eddie House/Roger Mason Jr. role. Not mention that most of those guys are solid ball-handlers who could spell Gilbert when he inevitably misses 10+ games.

By the way, in case the trend in my list isn't too obvious, I think that we need to do some combination of these three things: add an above average shooting guard, upgrade one of the big three (Jamison would be the easiest to deal), and add toughness and rebounding.

The Big Skinny 06-08-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
In order...
Amare Stoudemire
Kirk Hinrich
Jason Richardson
Jordan Hill
Mike Miller
Raymond Felton
Richard Jefferson

Also, I'd like to see us somehow snag one of Golden State's half dozen sniper-tastic shooting guards on the cheap. Morrow, Bellineli, Azbubuike, etc. are all great players on cheap contracts, and I think that we reeeeally need a shooter to come off the bench and play the Eddie House/Roger Mason Jr. role. Not mention that most of those guys are solid ball-handlers who could spell Gilbert when he inevitably misses 10+ games.

By the way, in case the trend in my list isn't too obvious, I think that we need to do some combination of these three things: add an above average shooting guard, upgrade one of the big three (Jamison would be the easiest to deal), and add toughness and rebounding.

Has it always been like this....3 people posting for about a week on this thread?

Anyways

I agree with everything you said in the last paragraph.....to add one thing, our bench is weak sauce compared to others in the league....people like Deshawn Stevenson, Etan Thomas aren't cutting it. You mention Jordan Hill often....i haven't seen much of him, but what I have seen hasn't impressed me. also, i feel we depended on g-bert so much to hit shots that we do not have any solid jump shooters....maybe nick young but he is streaky....eventually i want to see this line up..

C- Javale Mcgee
PF- Amare Stoudemire
^ think about that block party in chinatown...!
SF- Caron Butler
SG- insert name here (possibly nick young)
PG- Gilbert Arenas

B- Andray Blatche
B- Javaris Crittenton
B- Nick Young
B- Mike James
B- Insert big man
B- Insert Shooter
B-Insert SF

this may sound ridiculous but i feel that team would compete well in the east....agree?

Lancerballer21 06-09-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
C- Javale Mcgee
PF- Amare Stoudemire
^ think about that block party in chinatown...!
SF- Caron Butler
SG- insert name here (possibly nick young)
PG- Gilbert Arenas

B- Andray Blatche
B- Javaris Crittenton
B- Nick Young
B- Mike James
B- Insert big man
B- Insert Shooter
B-Insert SF

this may sound ridiculous but i feel that team would compete well in the east....agree?

Ohh yeah i agree. there are a lot of different choices for the bench big man shooter and small forward

Butters 06-09-2009 10:30 PM

In the offseason i just want Kirk and the healthy bug to bite Arenas.

I can look at the Amare trade now and think ok,mabe this can happen.

AJ+picks for him or what?

The Big Skinny 06-10-2009 01:12 AM

I am expecting big things this off season.....ernie grunfeld needs to make it happen

Agent_Zero 06-11-2009 02:04 AM

Man we need to find a way to trade up and somehow snag Hasheem...he would be so valuable to our team it's not even funny. The biggest lack in our team is toughness. We need to grow some balls and add some rebounders and some bangers and, as much as this hurts, we may have to move Jamison and maybe get someone like Stoudemire. Combine Jamison with some filler and a draft pick or something and get a line up of

Arenas
Stevenson
Butler
Stoudemire
Hasheem

I don't know, if we can't move up a little to get Hasheem, we should still try and get Amare. Plus, Flip Saunders is going to help this team out a lot. I'm sure of it. I'm really looking forward to see if we can somehow get another guard to start at the 2 besides Stevenson...like a lockdown defender type of guy. We also could use a shooter...i'm just saying if we make the right moves this offseason don't be surprised when we're up there with the cavs and celtics.