Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   2010 #1 pick? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134899)

Posterize246 06-08-2009 11:03 PM

2010 #1 pick?
 
Who do you think it is as of right now? John Wall? Montiejunas? I'll go with the guy that could have been a top 5 pick this year (possibly top 3)....




Almost seems like the forgotten man doesn't he?

InspiredLebowski 06-08-2009 11:23 PM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
Still can't figure out why he went back to school. Most likely would've been a sure fire top 5 pick. If he'd ever get the hunger, as the kids say, he'd so much scarier than he already is.

It should be JaJaun Johnson though. just kidding

el gringos 06-09-2009 12:24 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
It is between moteijunas and john wall- moteijunas is most likely- wall and avery bradley are very good pg prospects and either could be too good to pass up for someone

Monroe is good but in a very good/great pf drft moteijunas is the best because of his size

noob cake 06-09-2009 12:26 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
Greg Monroe is so impressive in person;

Will make a great passing big man.

brandonislegend 06-09-2009 01:07 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
John Wall will be #1 100%

lukeridnour08 06-09-2009 03:14 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
It is between moteijunas and john wall- moteijunas is most likely- wall and avery bradley are very good pg prospects and either could be too good to pass up for someone

Monroe is good but in a very good/great pf drft moteijunas is the best because of his size


Bradley has never played PG in his life.
I have played against him over 10X.

He should be a guaranteed first round pick when he comes out regardless though. Could squeez into the the lottery and higher even.

But then again, look at Russel Westbrook

Kebab Stall 06-09-2009 05:35 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
I can't believe how far Monroe fell in this year's mock drafts before he decided to go back. And now, DX even have Monroe down at around 10th or so in next year's draft, well, last time I checked anyway.

If he is not top 3 next year, I will be surprised. He should have been a top 5 pick this year, but may have taken a few years to develop in the NBA. Another year in college will definitly help his game.

The guy is just so impressive and has a hell of a lot upside. The potential he has is like no other. The fact he can play far out, hit a few long shots and even create for his teammates, makes him a far better player.

Similar to Duncan, in the sense, that he plays with his head, he's an intelligent player, isn't the most athletic guy and can create for his teammates. If he can be even half the player of Duncan, he'll be an excellent player.

wang4three 06-09-2009 08:35 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
It should be JaJaun Johnson though. just kidding

As long as we're being homers, I'm gonna go with Mike Davis with your white text.


But as far as the conversation goes, Monroe is my #1 right now. I love his game. However, I do think there will be people who can challenge it. Is Jeremy Tyler eligible after next season? I know he is forgoing his senior year but these draft rules are so vague I have no idea who actually is eligible. Wall seems to have a lot of hype around him too. I think Ed Davis could really climb and possibly Devin Ebanks (who may not be #1, but I do think he can finish in the top 5).

Interminator 06-09-2009 09:57 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wang4three
As long as we're being homers, I'm gonna go with Mike Davis with your white text.


But as far as the conversation goes, Monroe is my #1 right now. I love his game. However, I do think there will be people who can challenge it. Is Jeremy Tyler eligible after next season? I know he is forgoing his senior year but these draft rules are so vague I have no idea who actually is eligible. Wall seems to have a lot of hype around him too. I think Ed Davis could really climb and possibly Devin Ebanks (who may not be #1, but I do think he can finish in the top 5).

Tyler isnt eligible, Davis nor Ebanks have a versatile enough offensive skillset to go #1.

Interminator 06-09-2009 09:58 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I can't believe how far Monroe fell in this year's mock drafts before he decided to go back. And now, DX even have Monroe down at around 10th or so in next year's draft, well, last time I checked anyway.

If he is not top 3 next year, I will be surprised. He should have been a top 5 pick this year, but may have taken a few years to develop in the NBA. Another year in college will definitly help his game.

The guy is just so impressive and has a hell of a lot upside. The potential he has is like no other. The fact he can play far out, hit a few long shots and even create for his teammates, makes him a far better player.

Similar to Duncan, in the sense, that he plays with his head, he's an intelligent player, isn't the most athletic guy and can create for his teammates. If he can be even half the player of Duncan, he'll be an excellent player.


I'll say again, Monroe needs 4 years at Georgetown.

He needs to find his ideal position next season, and continue on with his development from there.

He has a chance to become the next great Georgetown big man.

Interminator 06-09-2009 09:59 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
Bradley has never played PG in his life.
I have played against him over 10X.

He should be a guaranteed first round pick when he comes out regardless though. Could squeez into the the lottery and higher even.

But then again, look at Russel Westbrook

This.

Bradley is more like Jerryd Bayless, can score, has range, very quick, good athlete but projects more as an undersized SG than as a PG.

Interminator 06-09-2009 10:02 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
2010 #1 Pick?



There really isnt much of a question about it, possibly a better PG prospect than Derrick Rose.

wang4three 06-09-2009 11:01 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
Tyler isnt eligible, Davis nor Ebanks have a versatile enough offensive skillset to go #1.


Ed Davis is a talented 19 year old whose role is going to shoot up this year cause the team will lose it's top 4 leading scorers. We have no real grasp what his real offensive skillset is and how much he has improved. As is, he already is penciled in as a top 10, possibly top 5 pick. No stretch to think he can't improve to be the top player in the country especially with how good of a big man coach Roy Williams is.

Secondly, Ebanks may not be #1, but he can secure a top 5 pick. By the end of the season he was dominating the Big East tournament and had a big game in the tournament. He is a fantastic talent coupled with being incredibly competitive. I wouldn't be surprised if people were talking about him as a top 3 pick by season's end.

Interminator 06-09-2009 11:47 AM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wang4three
Ed Davis is a talented 19 year old whose role is going to shoot up this year cause the team will lose it's top 4 leading scorers. We have no real grasp what his real offensive skillset is and how much he has improved. As is, he already is penciled in as a top 10, possibly top 5 pick. No stretch to think he can't improve to be the top player in the country especially with how good of a big man coach Roy Williams is.

We still need to see what else he can do offensively, Julian Wright was a projected Top 5 Pick before his Sophmore year and although his role was elevated and his numbers increased NBA scouts realized he didn't have much else to his offensive game but his talent was still enough for him to go #13.

Davis is identically cut from the same cloth as a player, if he is even Top 5 he has to show that hes either a PF with an actual offensive skill set or a SF with range that can also score around the basket, if he cant do this hes going to be shown up by John Henson.


Quote:

Secondly, Ebanks may not be #1, but he can secure a top 5 pick. By the end of the season he was dominating the Big East tournament and had a big game in the tournament. He is a fantastic talent coupled with being incredibly competitive. I wouldn't be surprised if people were talking about him as a top 3 pick by season's end.
Ebanks is a good player but I doubt he goes Lottery, hes extremely undersized for a NBA level PF and is exclusively right handed without a consistent jumpshot.

He reminds me of Hakim Warrick a lot espescially in terms of his rebounding ability, he'll probably average over 10 RPG next season but he needs the consistent production throughout next season to be a 1st Round pick.

wang4three 06-09-2009 12:41 PM

Re: 2010 #1 pick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
We still need to see what else he can do offensively, Julian Wright was a projected Top 5 Pick before his Sophmore year and although his role was elevated and his numbers increased NBA scouts realized he didn't have much else to his offensive game but his talent was still enough for him to go #13.

Davis is identically cut from the same cloth as a player, if he is even Top 5 he has to show that hes either a PF with an actual offensive skill set or a SF with range that can also score around the basket, if he cant do this hes going to be shown up by John Henson.


Julian Wright and Ed Davis are not similar players. Julian was an all around talent. Ed Davis has specific skills exclusively to a big man. He'll need to beef up like so many people his age, but he was already considered a top 10 pick this year. I can imagine him shooting even more as a starter and a focal player in UNC's offense.


Quote:

Ebanks is a good player but I doubt he goes Lottery, hes extremely undersized for a NBA level PF and is exclusively right handed without a consistent jumpshot.
He reminds me of Hakim Warrick a lot espescially in terms of his rebounding ability, he'll probably average over 10 RPG next season but he needs the consistent production throughout next season to be a 1st Round pick.

Devin Ebanks is a first round pick this year. Why wouldn't he be? HIs freshman year was more impressive than Hakim Warrick and I feel Devin has a game and feel that is more similar to Thaddeus Young than Warrick. Thaddeus had he stayed for his sophomore season would have jumped into top 5 status the following season.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy