Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Raptors trade Jason Kapono to 76ers for Reggie Evans (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134962)

qrich 06-09-2009 02:07 PM

Raptors trade Jason Kapono to 76ers for Reggie Evans

From Philadelphia to Toronto, a bruiser has been traded for a shooter.

The Toronto Raptors announced Tuesday they have acquired forward Reggie Evans from the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for guard-forward Jason Kapono.

“Reggie Evans will certainly add an element of toughness to our team,” said Bryan Colangelo, Raptors President and General Manager. “He has very good rebounding and defensive instincts, addressing two areas where we have underperformed.”

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4416

john_d 06-09-2009 02:09 PM

Re: Raptors and 76ers Have Struck A Deal

and here i was thinking bosh would be the first person who gets out of toronto :p

1~Gibson~1 06-09-2009 02:13 PM

makes sense.

Phili needs shooting and Toronto need more big men.

Twiens 06-09-2009 02:14 PM

I actually like it for both teams. Evans adds some toughness and boards while Kapono is Philly's Korver replacement.

Qwyjibo 06-09-2009 02:15 PM

:oldlol:

I suggested that trade on the Raptors board a couple times last year. Finally it gets done. It's clearly a solid deal for both teams who fill needs.

And hopefully this finally puts to rest any "Dejuan Blair at #9" rumours that ever existed. I'm sure his knee issues have taken care of that as well.

1~Gibson~1 06-09-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john_d
w00t?
evans is a bigman.... news to me.
he does look strong though.

anyway this is a f*ck up trade... some1 need to get shot in the face

Doesnt look like it but they can sure use his 7 RPG (career)

Posterize246 06-09-2009 02:19 PM

Good look.

Kapono's got 2 three point shootouts in the bag and this opens up more room at PF for Speights and the return of Brand. Kapono's deal is shorter than Reggie's too.

I approve.:applause:

edit: I'll miss the "REG-GIE! REG-GIE!" chants at the games though. He was a fan favorite. Toronto should appreciate him.

Bean 06-09-2009 02:20 PM

Good trade for both teams. Adds some balls/rebounding to the Raptors and outside shooting for Philly.

Will this clear up any speculation of Toronto taking Blair at 9?

Toizumi 06-09-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john_d
w00t?
evans is a bigman.... news to me.
he does look strong though.

anyway this is a f*ck up trade... some1 need to get shot in the face

:eek: wow chill the fck down...

anyway I like this trade for Toronto, Evans is a nice piece of the bench. Solid rebounder and a hustle guy. He plays with intensity and Toronto lacks players like him. Philly has players that are good at going inside and kicking it out (Lous Williams, Iggy, Andre Miller - if they all stick around this offseason) so a good shooter on the wings is always nice to have.

insidehoops 06-09-2009 02:22 PM

Re: Raptors to trade Jason Kapono to 76ers for Reggie Evans

My opinion on the trade is in here http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4416

DuMa 06-09-2009 02:22 PM

bosh bargs and nut-grabber on the same team. i like it. good front court.

Skywalker 06-09-2009 02:25 PM

good no more PT for that tard Humphries

Qwyjibo 06-09-2009 02:27 PM

Hopefully it's a straight up 1 for 1 deal with no cash or 2nd rounders involved. If so then the Raptors save a little bit of money on the next 2 years as well.

Kapono: $6,212,960, $6,641,440
Evans: $4,960,000, $5,080,000

1~Gibson~1 06-09-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
He’d be a good first guard off the bench for them.

I wouldnt be suprised if they moved Thad Young to 6th man and start Kapono to space the floor and compliment Brand :confusedshrug: .

because as we saw last year, Iggy at the 2, Thad at the 3, and Brand at 4 wasnt a good lineup.

Valliant13 06-09-2009 02:30 PM

Great trade. Kapono was worse than useless this year for the Raps. Not only did he refuse to shoot the 3, he mastered the art of the pump fakes travel and no chance floater.

The Raps essentially traded a bad contract for some much needed toughness and rebounded. I'm thrilled about this news.