Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   how good is Hasheem Thabeet? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135002)

rezznor 06-09-2009 07:46 PM

how good is Hasheem Thabeet?

i'd really like to know

inclinerator 06-09-2009 07:51 PM

Re: how good is Hasheem Thabeet?

i predict he will be the next great center

Xsatyr 06-09-2009 07:54 PM

Good enough for the Rockets to try and get him with the second pick if they can trade up. I don't think they are going after Rubio, it makes no sense. We went 7 games with probably the 2009 champs with an injured line up. Our pg combo is good enough and still learning.

wang4three 06-09-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xsatyr
Good enough for the Rockets to try and get him with the second pick if they can trade up. I don't think they are going after Rubio, it makes no sense. We went 7 games with probably the 2009 champs with an injured line up. Our pg combo is good enough and still learning.

Maybe they want Harden?

As for Thabeet, he's won me over this year. He's playing a lot smarter and a lot more polished. He still has work to do, but I think he's progressing quite nicely.

bballer 06-09-2009 07:57 PM

He didn't have a very good Tournament. Blair was too much for him.

InspiredLebowski 06-09-2009 07:59 PM

A ceiling a big higher than Dalembert

rezznor 06-09-2009 07:59 PM

just found this scouting report on him. i agree with taking him over rubio if we could manage to get the #2 pick. he would fit alot better and give yao some much needed rest. he will also have several years to develop under a premier offensive center.

Quote:

Hasheem Thabeet

College: Connecticut

Class: Junior

Position: C

Height: 7’3”

Weight: 263lbs

Accolades: Big East Defensive Player of the Year (08), Second Team All-Big East (08), Big East All-Rookie Team (07).

Scouting Report: An intimidating giant whose game is developing quickly.

Strengths: Shot blocking – Thabeet changes the game due to his swatting abilities – had a 10-block game in both his freshman and sophomore seasons. Good rebounder. Good body. Huge wingspan – helps keep loose balls alive. Strong finisher. Can run the floor well for his size. Is playing in one of the top college programs in developing NBA talent. Greatly improved player each season in college. Shoots for a very high percentage from the field.

Weaknesses: Very inexperienced – only started playing basketball a few years ago. Still a little clumsy – drops passes, throws balls away. Offensive game is still very raw and underdeveloped. Never was a big scorer in college

Projected 2009 Draft Range: Top 10 pick.

Consensus: Thabeet’s size and skill level makes his potential off the charts. With his game seeming to improve with each passing day, he looks to have a bright future in the NBA, at both ends of the floor.

GiveItToBurrito 06-09-2009 08:04 PM

I think the general consensus is Dalembert with a fresh start, so there's a chance he'll actually learn how to play.

Here's a question: Who would be willing to trade up for him?

iDunk 06-09-2009 08:06 PM

D'Antoni/Walsh said he was one of the players that impressed him a lot.

He only started playing basketball a couple years ago? Wow, that's pretty good for a guy in that type of situation.

bballer 06-09-2009 08:06 PM

He has no offensive game.

Maniak 06-09-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballer
He has no offensive game.

Neither did Bill Russell :lol

Xsatyr 06-09-2009 08:14 PM

I don't know what to expect now since he barely started playing a few years ago. He has a lot of room to improve and most people think he is doing that drastically. So who knows what his ceiling is but either way he should be a good player. It is worth the risk for the Rockets to try and get him to back up Yao. That should help his development drastically on and off the court.

Does anyone know anything about his work ethic?

bballer 06-09-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
Neither did Bill Russell :lol

What you say is true.

He will develop it eventually, but I don't see him being very good.

Maniak 06-09-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballer
What you say is true.

He will develop it eventually, but I don't see him being very good.

Im really skeptic about him too.

He has alot of potential because he is a good shotblocker, but then again, he isnt exactly a polished veteran in the game of basketball.

We'll see.

bballer 06-09-2009 08:26 PM

He doesn't even understand English either.