Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   draft help! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13508)

bomvsa 10-11-2006 03:20 PM

draft help!

i am in a 12 team league...draft 10th...and the following players i think will be there:
arenas, bosh, nash, AI, j. oneal (w/ c), paul, peirce, amare, tmac

which two players should i get to built my team around? knowing that the two teams behind me will go 1big and 1small.

* and how about jumping on d. howard in the 2nd round (15th)?

vapid 10-11-2006 03:26 PM

If arenas is there GET HIM. no questions. Unless someone Kobe/Dirk/Marion/Yao somehow falls to you. I would say chris paul, nash, allen iverson, wade, bosh and paul pierce are all safe bets, although if it were me I'd probably go with wade or bosh just because wade seems to be statistically the best amongst those people and bosh qualifies at C.

I would not go for Amare or O'neal at 15th. If you need a C, those two might drop to you in the 3rd round, and you could always pick up Duncan, Camby, Okur or Z in the 3-5th rounds. They are all good 1st Cs.

T-mac is a tough choice, his back seems ok, so 15th should be a safe bet for him, but it's a risk that personally I would not take.

fatboy11 10-11-2006 03:32 PM

I'd go Arenas in the 1st, Dwight Howard in the 2nd.

bomvsa 10-11-2006 03:49 PM

i thought about arenas and howard...but their % donot go with each other very well.
im sure TD and wade are gone by the 10th pick.

i was think more like...arenas and paul or bosh and howard

this have been keeping me up the last two nights...so i just need to get settle.
thanks for all the help

fatboy11 10-11-2006 04:18 PM

Don't take Duncan, man.

His team is so good that they coast through the regular season and he sits out games. And in some games that he actually plays in, he either doesn't play many minutes or just lets everyone else do their thing.

Howard will be among the league leaders in FG%. His FT% will suck ass, but Arenas' will be good and he doesn't shoot that bad from the floor.

Silent Mav 10-11-2006 04:28 PM

A "coasting" Duncan will still get you 18/11 with 2 blocks. But hurt you in ft%. I'd go Arenas and Bosh if they were there at 10 and 15.

vapid 10-11-2006 04:37 PM

Duncan is a fine late 2nd round pick. Last year was his worst year statistically because of planar fascititis. This year he will definetly revert back to his previous form.

SRZ66 10-11-2006 05:43 PM

1. gil
2. bosh

fatboy11 10-11-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Mav
A "coasting" Duncan will still get you 18/11 with 2 blocks. But hurt you in ft%. I'd go Arenas and Bosh if they were there at 10 and 15.

Yeah, but he was my first round pick last year.

You see where the bitterness comes in..........

vapid 10-11-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11

I feel you man. Although I did not pick him first round, I got him 2nd round and he proceeded to piss me off to no end. I was lucky to win that league thanks to Mr. nowitzki and Mr. Gerald Wallace.

Silent Mav 10-11-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11

I took Timmy first round at 15 in sizzle's league this year. I may very well be joining you on the bitter train if it happens again.

vapid 10-11-2006 07:02 PM

Although I haven't drafted him in any of my leagues this year, I feel optimistic that he should be the 3rd or 4th best center (depending on Amare's health) this year.

Silent Mav 10-11-2006 07:07 PM

The pf\c ranking for him helps. If you look at what centers get 18\11 with 2 blocks, it helps take some of the sting away. And I did get Bosh at 18, who is also c eligible.