Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Ricky Rubio Potential Destinations (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135110)

Seņor Cedric 06-10-2009 06:55 PM

Ricky Rubio Potential Destinations

1. Memphis at #2
They trade him to.......
  • Sacramento for #4 and Jason Thompson (or maybe #4 and Kenny Thomas' expirer for Jaric and Buckner)
  • New York with Milicic for #8 and David Lee.
  • Washington for #5 and McGee
  • Boston with Milicic for Rondo and Glen Davis (sign and trade)
  • Atlanta for Al Horford and #19
  • Charlotte for Raymond Felton and #12
  • Golden State for #7 and Anthony Randolph (I like this deal best)
  • Houston with Milicic, Jaric, Buckner for McGrady's expirer, Carl Landry and some future picks (terrible deal for both teams IMO)
Or they keep him and he never comes over.

2. Oklahoma City at #3
They could trade him to any of the teams mentioned before, but I think they would trade him to a team that drafts Harden or Thabeet (as long as it's not Memphis). I really don't see them keeping him, unless Westbrook has turned into a phenomenal shooter over night.

3. Sacramento at #4
There's no way he slides past here.

More on the Boston idea:
Quote:

Boston trades:
Rajon Rondo (on his current contract)
Glen Davis (Sign and trade)

Memphis trades:
Ricky Rubio #2
Darko Milicic

Memphis fills two needs, and comes out of the deal with a very nice, young looking starting 5.

Boston saves money in the deal, by not having to re-up Rondo or Davis. They also get Rubio who projects to being a good shooter one day. Rondo will never be a good shooter.

Next, Boston signs Iverson to the MLE for 1 year.

Signs McDyess or Joe Smith to the veterans minimum.
Signs Lindsey Hunter to the veterans minimum.
Signs Robert Swift to the veterans minimum.

Trades Scalabrine, Allen, Pruitt, Giddens for Nocioni

Let Marbury and Moore walk.

CT: Perkins/ Milicic/ Swift
PF: Garnett/ McDyess/ Powe
SF: Pierce/ Nocioni/ Walker
SG: Allen/ House/ 2nd Rounder
PG: Iverson/ Rubio/ Hunter

KG5MVP 06-10-2009 07:31 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio Potential Destinations

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
1. Memphis at #2
They trade him to.......
  • Sacramento for #4 and Jason Thompson (or maybe #4 and Kenny Thomas' expirer for Jaric and Buckner)
  • New York with Milicic for #8 and David Lee.
  • Washington for #5 and McGee
  • Boston with Milicic for Rondo and Glen Davis (sign and trade)
  • Atlanta for Al Horford and #19
  • Charlotte for Raymond Felton and #12
  • Golden State for #7 and Anthony Randolph (I like this deal best)
  • Houston with Milicic, Jaric, Buckner for McGrady's expirer, Carl Landry and some future picks (terrible deal for both teams IMO)
Or they keep him and he never comes over.

2. Oklahoma City at #3
They could trade him to any of the teams mentioned before, but I think they would trade him to a team that drafts Harden or Thabeet (as long as it's not Memphis). I really don't see them keeping him, unless Westbrook has turned into a phenomenal shooter over night.

3. Sacramento at #4
There's no way he slides past here.

More on the Boston idea:

Memphis fills two needs, and comes out of the deal with a very nice, young looking starting 5.

Boston saves money in the deal, by not having to re-up Rondo or Davis. They also get Rubio who projects to being a good shooter one day. Rondo will never be a good shooter.

Next, Boston signs Iverson to the MLE for 1 year.

Signs McDyess or Joe Smith to the veterans minimum.
Signs Lindsey Hunter to the veterans minimum.
Signs Robert Swift to the veterans minimum.

Trades Scalabrine, Allen, Pruitt, Giddens for Nocioni

Let Marbury and Moore walk.

CT: Perkins/ Milicic/ Swift
PF: Garnett/ McDyess/ Powe
SF: Pierce/ Nocioni/ Walker
SG: Allen/ House/ 2nd Rounder
PG: Iverson/ Rubio/ Hunter

no one wants iverson

west 06-10-2009 07:40 PM

Could someone tell me why Celtics want Rondo to go so bad?he is arguably the best Celtic in the playoffs this year.:confusedshrug:
To me Tony Parker was just as bad of a shooter as Rondo,and his mid-range game is pretty automatic now,just give the kid sometime,he will improve as he have already shown this year.

craiye 06-10-2009 07:47 PM

I'd love to see Memphis ship him off to Atlanta for Horford. That would put Horford back to playing PF and give Memphis a nice 3 big rotation of Horford/Gasol/Darko. If they can get Gay to stop chucking next season I think they could take a big leap (and if Conley stays healthy).

Apples 06-10-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west
Could someone tell me why Celtics want Rondo to go so bad?he is arguably the best Celtic in the playoffs this year.:confusedshrug:
To me Tony Parker was just as bad of a shooter as Rondo,and his mid-range game is pretty automatic now,just give the kid sometime,he will improve as he have already shown this year.

Yeah really. Rondo really proved himself as a legit top PG in the playoffs this year. The guy had some insane streak of assist without a turn over during the playoffs. Boston wanting to trade Rondo reminds me of all the Jason Kidd to SA talk during Parker's early years.

Seņor Cedric 06-10-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apples
Yeah really. Rondo really proved himself as a legit top PG in the playoffs this year. The guy had some insane streak of assist without a turn over during the playoffs. Boston wanting to trade Rondo reminds me of all the Jason Kidd to SA talk during Parker's early years.

Rondo is an awesome point guard against inexperienced teams, and in the regular season.

He is going to want more money than what I would want to pay him. I don't think he'll ever be a franchise player. Getting Rubio (and Iverson as a stopgap) keeps costs down for a few more years.

KG5MVP 06-10-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Rondo is an awesome point guard against inexperienced teams, and in the regular season.

He is going to want more money than what I would want to pay him. I don't think he'll ever be a franchise player. Getting Rubio (and Iverson as a stopgap) keeps costs down for a few more years.

why trade a quick, tall, defensive, triple double averaging black point guard for a white guard that's not even fast and can't shoot

Seņor Cedric 06-10-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG5MVP
why trade a quick, tall, defensive, triple double averaging black point guard for a white guard that's not even fast and can't shoot

Reported

HylianNightmare 06-10-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG5MVP

who is a white guard?

Seņor Cedric 06-10-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
who is a white guard?

Ricky Rubio

HylianNightmare 06-10-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Ricky Rubio

i just wanted to have him explain the difference between caucasian and spanish

Xsatyr 06-11-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

i just wanted to have him explain the difference between caucasian and spanish

In the US spanish people are legally caucasion, google it.

JustinJDW 06-11-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west

Are the Celtics Front Office seriously looking to get rid of Rondo? Or is this just assumptions from fans?

HylianNightmare 06-11-2009 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xsatyr
In the US spanish people are legally caucasion, google it.

but the way he said it in his post it read to me as him ignorantly calling Rubio a "white" guy, and with that implying the generalizations of a white (american), while clearly if he wanted to be more correct he could have hit him with the European and or Spanish stereotypes instead of calling him white.

maybe i'm reading into to this way too much...:confusedshrug:

Xsatyr 06-11-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

but the way he said it in his post it read to me as him ignorantly calling Rubio a "white" guy, and with that implying the generalizations of a white (american), while clearly if he wanted to be more correct he could have hit him with the European and or Spanish stereotypes instead of calling him white.

maybe i'm reading into to this way too much...:confusedshrug:

If you noticed I edited my post bc I originally said he is still wrong bc he said white guy. But I did some research and spanish are considered white as well but I know what you mean. I know we all know that is not the way he meant it though. Clearly he thought this guy was actually white. I was just pointing out the legal definition even though I don't like it. I was not supporting his statement.