Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ISH Mock Draft - #4 Overall - Sacramento Kings (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135206)

Maniak 06-11-2009 07:40 PM

ISH Mock Draft - #4 Overall - Sacramento Kings

#1-Blake Griffin
#2-Ricky Rubio
#3-James Harden
#4-??

Tough choice here. The Kings need a guard, but with Harden and Rubio off the board, I think Hasheem Thabeet goes here. A guy like DeRozan, Curry, or Evans fit with Kevin Martin.

This would create a trade going on with either Thompson or Hawes post-draft, obviously.

Posterize246 06-11-2009 08:38 PM

Re: ISH Mock Draft - #4 Overall - Sacramento Kings

Steph Curry

Maniak 06-11-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
Steph Curry

So Steph and Martin?

How do you think that works out?

Posterize246 06-11-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
So Steph and Martin?

How do you think that works out?

Well...I like the future of the Thompson/Hawes frontcourt so I wasn't going with a big. They need a point guard and Rubio's gone and from the little I've seen of Jennings I don't think he's worthy of going this high. Same with Holiday. So I'd take Curry, worry about how they fit together later.

NYK-Bball 06-11-2009 11:35 PM

Jrue Holiday

TarHeelBorn 06-12-2009 12:21 AM

Their biggest needs are at PG and SF, more so PG. And with 2 solid young bigs and a very good scorer, they need a facilitator, not another scorer. Curry is great but he is definitely not a pure PG and I don't see him flourishing next to a player that is very similar like Martin is. We saw at Memphis that Evans isn't nearly as good unless the offense runs through him, again this is Martin's team. I don't think teams have seen enough of Jennings to take him this high and Holiday's weak production at UCLA should hurt him.

My vote is for the proven floor general, Jonny Flynn.

InspiredLebowski 06-12-2009 12:23 AM

Brandon Jennings. Franchise in financial trouble takes the guy at a position of need that could (and immediately will) sell tickets. With Westphal and his high octane style it makes too much sense.

Posterize246 06-12-2009 12:29 AM

damn 5 replies 5 different players

Grinder 06-12-2009 01:08 AM

Brandon Jennings

Seņor Cedric 06-12-2009 08:44 AM

Hasheem Thabeet to be traded for Kevin Johnson 2009 (Jonny Flynn)

takeittothehoop 06-12-2009 09:02 AM

DeMar DeRozan perhaps?? I don't think they'll go with Thabeet.

Perhaps Jennings if they want to go with a PG..

23ajay 06-12-2009 09:54 AM

it would be smart to take jennings but another option is ty lawson

Maniak 06-12-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23ajay
it would be smart to take jennings but another option is ty lawson

At #4? Lawson? Too early.

A.M.G. 06-12-2009 11:53 AM

I`ll go with Brandon Jennings.

Normally this would seem like reaching on a player projected lower, but this draft is pretty weak so there are really no sure things outside of Blake Griffin. Honestly, Jennings has as much chance as any other top 10 prospect to be a significant NBA player. Bigs like Thabeet and Hill lack offensive chops, Steph Curry is not a true PG and is too similar to K-Mart, Evans and Derozan play the same position as Martin, Earl Clark actually would be a reach.

Udrih is not the kind of PG you want starting long term, Jennings was arguably the top high school player last year and will bring some much needed excitement to the franchise. They could also go with Jordan Hill, although he`s kind of similar to Jason Thompson. They might also draft Tyreke Evans to play PG. Thabeet would make no sense for them.

qrich 06-12-2009 02:34 PM

With the 4th pick in the draft, the Sacramento Kings select JRUE HOLIDAY from the University of California at Los Angeles.

Holiday is a defensive minded guard with an improving offensive game who would be the best fit next to Kevin Martin.