Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   This Could Of Been Our Team (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135435)

TH50 06-13-2009 04:41 PM

This Could Of Been Our Team

I'm doing this just for fun but had we drafted better over the years this could of who ended up with.it would had ben no reason to do the wright trade for jrich had we got things right.

pg: Chris Paul
sg: Rudy Gay
sf: Gerald Wallace
pf: Brandon Wright
C: Dwight Howard

Bench DJ,Matt Carrol,Walter H,(prob some others we brough on)

I mean that starting 5 looks sick damn kinda pisses me off when I see what could of been but oh well we are getting better and should be in the playoffs next season.

NYK-Bball 06-13-2009 04:45 PM

Re: This Could Of Been Our Team

Dwight Howard had nothing to do with drafting better.Magic took him 1st overall leaving you with Emeka.You guys never had a opportunity to draft him.

TH50 06-13-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYK-Bball
Dwight Howard had nothing to do with drafting better.Magic took him 1st overall leaving you with Emeka.You guys never had a opportunity to draft him.

actally should of type had things went our way too.But one thing I was curious on How did the magc get to pick in front us we we was an exp team shouldnt we gotten to pick first seems fair to me cause I remember the texans got the first pick in the nfl draft in their first year.

onewickedlady 06-13-2009 04:52 PM

Wish we still had Eddie House and Walter Herrmann.

TH50 06-13-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Wish we still had Eddie House and Walter Herrmann.

me too walter was a great player pisses me off he put in that mohammad trade.

~spectre~ 06-14-2009 08:36 AM

No we didn't! We had the the FOURTH overall pick gifted to us by Stern as an expansion franchise and Bernie swapped with the Clippers for the 2nd overall pick for a 2nd or two.

We never had the 1st.

catsandheels 06-14-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~spectre~
No we didn't! We had the the FOURTH overall pick gifted to us by Stern as an expansion franchise and Bernie swapped with the Clippers for the 2nd overall pick for a 2nd or two.

We never had the 1st.

yea ur right thats my fault i had someone tell me once that bobcats traded there 1 overall but they never had it but yea ur right we did trade with lac that my fault

Bobcat4Ever 06-14-2009 02:36 PM

Ah how nice it would have been to have Dwight Howard over Mek...

catsandheels 06-14-2009 06:13 PM

how nice it would of been to have taken brandon roy over ammo

Legend of Josh 06-14-2009 06:46 PM

When I think of the Bobcats drafting CP3 a few years ago... I nut

Legend of Josh 06-14-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsandheels
how nice it would of been to have taken brandon roy over ammo

That's the NBA for ya... the NBA draft is like a box of chocolates... (mouf full) you never know what you gonna get.

Legend of Josh 06-14-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
Ah how nice it would have been to have Dwight Howard over Mek...

We've never had a # 1 pick... so this image is out of the question.

Timmeh 06-14-2009 09:15 PM

There's no need in talking about what we could've been. Even with all of those "all-stars," there's no guarantee they would've blossomed in our system like they have in their own respective systems.

veilside23 06-15-2009 01:37 AM

should have gotten big al over okafor :D

TarHeelBorn 06-15-2009 11:17 AM

Adding Dwight Howard in there is understandable. Like in the NFL, the Bobcats should have gotten the 1st pick as an expansion team and Orlando was close to passing on Howard for Okafor; but we also might have taken Okafor with the 1st pick so who knows. The next year, it would have been feasible for us to get Paul b/c I believe we passed on packaging the 5th and 13th to move up; I think we would have picked CP3 over Deron b/c he is local.

After that it gets very fuzzy. CP3 + Howard would have been a force no matter the depth around them. We still would have been a lotto team b/c of youth but not #3 and I think we would have wound up with Ronnie Brewer, Randy Foye, or Ammo. We wouldn't have needed a high profile guy to get butts in the seats and Foye was a 1/2 and we obviously wouldn't need a 1 so I think we would have taken Brewer.

You really can't go any further b/c a team of CP3, Howard, Crash, and Brewer is incredibly different from what we ended up with and we don't know how they would have grown as players or as a team. Also, who knows what free agency moves we would have made by that point. What is for certain is we would be much, much better today... Going to go cry in a corner somewhere after thinking about it.