Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ISH Mock Draft - #7 Overall - GS Warriors (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135468)

Posterize246 06-13-2009 09:57 PM

ISH Mock Draft - #7 Overall - GS Warriors

#1-Blake Griffin
#2-Ricky Rubio
#3-James Harden
#4-Brandon Jennings
#5-Hasheem Thabeet
#6-Tyreke Evans

I started it for Maniak since he was giving the other thread 20 more minutes and it passed up. Evans went #6. With the 7th pick I'm going to say Demar Derozan.

Trade rumors are floating for Jamal Crawford (who Nellie doesn't want), Corey Maggette, and Stephen Jackson. Bellinelli has had to fight to get on the floor and if I'm not mistaken was injured a lot this year. Anthony Morrow I believe is under a team option next season (I'm sure they'll pick that up if they already haven't) but who knows if he'll stick around past that deal. Teams will want his services. Azubuike is a steal for what he's getting paid. Warriors are young up front with Biedrins, Randolph, and Wright.

Count:

Jonny Flynn- 4
Demar Derozan- 2
Jrue Holiday- 2

takeittothehoop 06-13-2009 10:01 PM

Re: ISH Mock Draft - #7 Overall - GS Warriors

Nah Golden State needs a Point Guard..I'd go with Jonny Flynn out of Syracuse basically because he's the best PG on the board at #7. They won't get Curry because they already have a shooter in Ellis. Teague or Lawson could slide up maybe but probably not.

NYK-Bball 06-13-2009 10:02 PM

Johnny Flynn.They need a legit point guard that can facilitate,hes also extremely athletic for this run and gun system and can shoot.

takeittothehoop 06-13-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246

Trade rumors are floating for Jamal Crawford (who Nellie doesn't want),

I didn't think Crawford was under contract with the Dubya's? Isn't he a free agent?

Maniak 06-13-2009 10:04 PM

Thanks, I was just getting caught up in NBA 2k5...

I think Johnny Flynn is the fit here. They need a PG and I think Flynn will pan out as a good player in the NBA, although I DO wish he'd drop to the suns :lol. Oh well.

Posterize246 06-13-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
Nah Golden State needs a Point Guard..I'd go with Jonny Flynn out of Syracuse basically because he's the best PG on the board at #7. They won't get Curry because they already have a shooter in Ellis. Teague or Lawson could slide up maybe but probably not.

Ellis is far from a shooter. I thought about both Curry and Flynn but a Curry/Ellis or Flynn/Ellis was too tiny for me. Would get absolutely abused defensively.

I'll edit the count.

Posterize246 06-13-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

I didn't think Crawford was under contract with the Dubya's? Isn't he a free agent?

He can opt out, but he has years left. Rumors had Nellie threatening to trade him if he didn't opt out.

NYK-Bball 06-13-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Ellis is far from a shooter. I thought about both Curry and Flynn but a Curry/Ellis or Flynn/Ellis was too tiny for me. Would get absolutely abused defensively.

I'll edit the count.

Don Nelson doesn't care about defense.His goal is to try to outscore and out run the opponent.So him having 2 fast and athletic guards starting isn't a problem.

Posterize246 06-13-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYK-Bball
Don Nelson doesn't care about defense.His goal is to try to outscore and out run the opponent.So him having 2 fast and athletic guards starting isn't a problem.

But how much longer will Golden State care about Nelson? :confusedshrug: Mullin is long gone too now.

Posterize246 06-13-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
Thanks, I was just getting caught up in NBA 2k5...

I think Johnny Flynn is the fit here. They need a PG and I think Flynn will pan out as a good player in the NBA, although I DO wish he'd drop to the suns :lol. Oh well.

Upgrade bro, upgrade.

takeittothehoop 06-13-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

He can opt out, but he has years left. Rumors had Nellie threatening to trade him if he didn't opt out.

Ohh okay..he'll def be traded. They don't really need him. Should trade him for another 1st rounder.

takeittothehoop 06-13-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

I'll edit the count.

Not a shooter but just a threat at the guard position. They gave Ellis a fat contract also.

NYK-Bball 06-13-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

But how much longer will Golden State care about Nelson? :confusedshrug: Mullin is long gone too now.

Hes already transformed the team from a solid playoff contender into a freak show of guards and weak forwards.So lets see which coach they get.

takeittothehoop 06-13-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYK-Bball
Hes already transformed the team from a solid playoff contender into a freak show of guards and weak forwards.So lets see which coach they get.

Haha..freak show indeed. Mullin has to take some blame for that though.

Posterize246 06-13-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Ohh okay..he'll def be traded. They don't really need him. Should trade him for another 1st rounder.

Yeah he's getting good money and has an overpaid deal, he'd be dumb to opt out.