Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ISH Mock Draft - #9 Overall - Toronto Raptors (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135541)

Maniak 06-14-2009 02:53 PM

ISH Mock Draft - #9 Overall - Toronto Raptors

#1-Blake Griffin
#2-Ricky Rubio
#3-James Harden
#4-Brandon Jennings
#5-Hasheem Thabeet
#6-Tyreke Evans
#7-Johnny Flynn
#8-Stephen Curry

I think Demar DeRozan is the choice here for the Raptors. They desperately a good wing player, and I think Demar can fill that up well for them, he shows alot of promise.

UConnCeltics 06-14-2009 02:56 PM

Re: ISH Mock Draft - #9 Overall - Toronto Raptors

I agree here with DeRozan... only other player I think they would consider is Johnson maybe.

NYK-Bball 06-14-2009 03:01 PM

Demar Derozan.

Demar Derozan Comparison=Vince Carter.

Vince Carter 1st team=Raptors.

Nah,but finally a wing player who can create.

TarHeelBorn 06-14-2009 03:34 PM

derozan

qrich 06-14-2009 03:49 PM

Gerald Henderson

InspiredLebowski 06-14-2009 03:55 PM

DeRozan. Anthony Parker's like 52. Looking at their roster, other than Calderon their G rotation is garbage.

bballnoob 06-14-2009 04:10 PM

Curious whether the fact that DeRozan doesn't want to work out for Toronto will be a significant deciding point. Does he/his agent just overvalue Demar's stock and they assume he'll got around top 5?

A.M.G. 06-14-2009 04:34 PM

Jordan Hill falling this far would be tempting for the Raptors, especially with Bosh muttering about going to Miami.

But we so completely lack SGs that I have to go with Demar Derozan and hope we retain Bosh. Even if he's just a rich man's Ronnie Brewer, I'll be happy.

Can you imagine how ****ing stoked Milwaukee's front office would be if they managed to get Jordan Hill with the 10th pick? He would be perfect next to Bogut, and for a low price. He's a bit overrated, but there is virtually no chance he falls past the Wizards at #5. ****, if Memphis takes Rubio, the Kings would most likely take Hill, and wait to draft John Wall next year.

NuggetsFan 06-14-2009 04:55 PM

Demar Derozan, if he's available don't see the Raps passing on him.

Posterize246 06-14-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballnoob
Curious whether the fact that DeRozan doesn't want to work out for Toronto will be a significant deciding point. Does he/his agent just overvalue Demar's stock and they assume he'll got around top 5?

I didn't know he didn't want to work out in Toronto. The Raps are right in the area that he's projected. Sounds like he might have a case of Francis-to-Vancouver-itis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.G
He's a bit overrated, but there is virtually no chance he falls past the Wizards at #5. ****, if Memphis takes Rubio, the Kings would most likely take Hill, and wait to draft John Wall next year.

It's definitely possible that Hill falls past 5 in the draft. He's my pick to slide on draft day and I think he could get into the teens easily. Look at Lopez last year who everyone thought was going #3 to (then) Seattle and fell all the way to 10. Hill really reminds me of Theo Ratliff for some reason.

As for the Toronto pick...Demar Derozan.

takeittothehoop 06-14-2009 05:50 PM

It'll be Henderson on DeRozan...probably DeRozan. He seems to be getting more love from draft experts and the like and the Raps need a wing player.

Maniak 06-14-2009 05:54 PM

This one is pretty lopsided too. Onto number 10?

Posterize246 06-14-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
This one is pretty lopsided too. Onto number 10?

Si senor.