Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What should I say? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135755)

rufuspaul 06-15-2009 06:22 PM

What should I say?
 
Let's say I'm doing a project around the house and I hit my thumb with a hammer. I've become rather preconditioned to yell out either "Shit!" or "Fuck!" This is so ingrained that I do it without even thinking about it. Problem is, I have a young daughter who is prone to repeating things, so the wife wants me to stop.

My question to you guys is: What should I say that is more PC? And how do I train myself to say this?

Undisputed 06-15-2009 06:37 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
It's pretty difficult to change your natural reaction to pain. Damn near impossible, actually. Words won't hurt your daughter. Just make sure you have your wife tell your daughter that those are adult words and it's inappropriate for children to say those things each time she hears you. Communicating with her is the biggest key, not watching what you say for every situation.

boozehound 06-15-2009 06:42 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
just starting to try and watch my language. say holy maroni for all the LDS peeps!
nah, its hard. say sheep and think ****er. its almost as good/

depletedW 06-15-2009 06:57 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undisputed
It's pretty difficult to change your natural reaction to pain. Damn near impossible, actually. Words won't hurt your daughter. Just make sure you have your wife tell your daughter that those are adult words and it's inappropriate for children to say those things each time she hears you. Communicating with her is the biggest key, not watching what you say for every situation.

+1

rufuspaul 06-15-2009 07:56 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boozehound
say sheep and think ****er. its almost as good/


:oldlol: I think I'll try that.

pete's montreux 06-15-2009 08:06 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
You have a wife and kid and you were trying to run e-game on Jenna J? :oldlol:

craigthomasb 06-15-2009 08:10 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
i tend to say something stupid like "HOOOOOOOLY MACKEREL" then laugh the pain off doing gordan ramsay impretions, such as, "**** me big boy i bet that hurt" or "THATS MY THUMB, IVE BEATEN IIIIIIT"

pete's montreux 06-15-2009 08:14 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
How about, "No, I won't have sex with you!" Or, "Not on the first date Justin!"

Something she can learn now and use when she's 14.

"Only second base this time!"
"That hole is out of the question...OK, just this once!"

Meticode 06-15-2009 08:41 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Let's say I'm doing a project around the house and I hit my thumb with a hammer. I've become rather preconditioned to yell out either "Shit!" or "Fuck!" This is so ingrained that I do it without even thinking about it. Problem is, I have a young daughter who is prone to repeating things, so the wife wants me to stop.

My question to you guys is: What should I say that is more PC? And how do I train myself to say this?


I really wouldn't know what to do. I've never been a person to curse in frustration or in pain. I'm usually pretty damn calm and silent when it comes to pain, which is weird compared to most people that I've known. At most I say Owwww. :lol

Killbot 06-15-2009 09:48 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
You could say those words in another language or say ...

CRAP!
(OH) SNAPZ!

Fudge
Feck
Sheet
Shi ite
Batch

-You could also close your mouth and say it
-Bite something and scream

Smokee 06-15-2009 09:51 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
lmao i used to have this same problem when i was playing sports regularly and lost the ball or screwed up. I'd just yell "F***" real loud. I got thrown out of a game for it 5 minutes into it, RIGHT AFTER our captains were warned that he would throw people out for bad language. I couldn't help it, it was just habit. So frustrating when you always feel like you ****ed something up to lose the ball, more than it being out of your control :banghead:

Clifton 06-15-2009 09:55 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
Just scream. Your immediate reaction to pain needn't be articulate. It's probably easier to change your habit to something beastial and inarticulate than some awkward euphemism.

shlver 06-15-2009 11:46 PM

Re: What should I say?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete's montreux
How about, "No, I won't have sex with you!" Or, "Not on the first date Justin!"

Something she can learn now and use when she's 14.

"Only second base this time!"
"That hole is out of the question...OK, just this once!"

lol:oldlol:

NotYetGreat 06-16-2009 05:45 AM

Re: What should I say?
 
Just scream, or maybe say "crud".

flipogb 06-16-2009 06:35 AM

Re: What should I say?
 
two things to choose from

1) watch the Adam West version of Batman over and over

2) be a white guy in your 40s , the type that says lots of corny/cheesy/ meaningless words


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy