Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Timberwolves Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Kevin Love rumor? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135895)

jailer 06-16-2009 02:59 PM

Kevin Love rumor?
 
Im reading that the t'wolves might be willing to send the griz love for the number two pick. Ofcourse there are other filler players and assets involved. But the two main parts are love and our pick.

Is there any truth in this rumor, how do you guys feel bout these rumors?

04mzwach 06-16-2009 09:43 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
Im reading that the t'wolves might be willing to send the griz love for the number two pick. Ofcourse there are other filler players and assets involved. But the two main parts are love and our pick.

Is there any truth in this rumor, how do you guys feel bout these rumors?

I don't think it's true and I'm not really interested. We should hold on to Love. Kevin Love may lack a little defense at times, but he will be a solid option on offense. No need to trade a guy like Love who is still growing and shows promise. He is younger and may be more mature than a lot of the guys in the draft.

Another note, trading love is like going for broke unless we acquire a guy who has played in the NBA before. Trading a big for a big in the draft when you don't even have a legit center is a dumb move. Who would play C? Al? Who would play PF? Craig Smith? I don't get to see the workouts though. I don't know how good Thabeet is and if that was the guy, I would seriously consider it. I would rather trade anybody else on the team, besides Love and Al for that #2 pick and I don't think Memphis would even take me up on that offer either.

The reason I don't like the trade is we can still pick a good big up with our sixth pick. We need help in the front court the most I think. You get lucky and get some good guys in the middle, then it's all up to a couple guys and some nobodies that can knock down 20 foot jumpers. Maybe unrealistic, but kind of true. So I would take our 6th pick and get a solid big or take Curry cuz I think he looks like a huge win or a huge loss. He could be as good as a top 10 player in the league or as bad as a scrub who sits at the end of the bench because he either isn't working on his game or just doesn't get it. That would be cool if Rubio fell in the draft for some dumb reason, but forget the pipe dreams.

Big Al All day 06-17-2009 08:37 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
I actually think I would be down for a trade involving Love.

Someone in the NBA forum said something about Love and our 28 for the Grizz 2 and Buckner.

That looks like a VERY good trade for us. We would have the 2 AND the 6. I'm not sure if this would ever actually go down but that looks very nice.

We could either draft Thabeet with the 2 and draft a pg, or draft Rubio with the 2 and hope to trade the pick for a big. There would be a lot of possibilities. But I don't think any of it would happen, I think we'll end of drafting Tyreek(?) Evans, which isn't a bad thing either.

jailer 06-17-2009 10:34 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Al All day
I actually think I would be down for a trade involving Love.

Someone in the NBA forum said something about Love and our 28 for the Grizz 2 and Buckner.

That looks like a VERY good trade for us. We would have the 2 AND the 6. I'm not sure if this would ever actually go down but that looks very nice.

We could either draft Thabeet with the 2 and draft a pg, or draft Rubio with the 2 and hope to trade the pick for a big. There would be a lot of possibilities. But I don't think any of it would happen, I think we'll end of drafting Tyreek(?) Evans, which isn't a bad thing either.


Yeah that seem like a fair deal. Love is not gonna be a star but he will be a solid pf for years to come.

twolvesfan 06-18-2009 07:47 AM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Al All day
I actually think I would be down for a trade involving Love.

Someone in the NBA forum said something about Love and our 28 for the Grizz 2 and Buckner.

That looks like a VERY good trade for us. We would have the 2 AND the 6. I'm not sure if this would ever actually go down but that looks very nice.

We could either draft Thabeet with the 2 and draft a pg, or draft Rubio with the 2 and hope to trade the pick for a big. There would be a lot of possibilities. But I don't think any of it would happen, I think we'll end of drafting Tyreek(?) Evans, which isn't a bad thing either.

i like that trade actually even though i have a huge man crush on love.

jailer 06-20-2009 11:05 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
I saw a few more articles online. And Kahn was asked about this rumor. And he in no way denied it. However he did deny the rumor about jefferson for amare. So this leaves me to believe that the grizz and t'wolves will be on the phone during the draft.

04mzwach 06-21-2009 09:47 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
I saw a few more articles online. And Kahn was asked about this rumor. And he in no way denied it. However he did deny the rumor about jefferson for amare. So this leaves me to believe that the grizz and t'wolves will be on the phone during the draft.

That is interesting. I guess Memphis does need a good PF. Who do the Timberwolves want with the 2nd pick? Thabeet or Rubio? I think I would go with Rubio and then go for a big man with the 6th, then pick up Curry later on if available. It would be a pretty sweet move if everything fell into place the right way. Hopefully, we don't have to give any picks up. Then again, Thabeet would be good in a couple years. Hmm. What would you guys do?

jailer 06-22-2009 03:26 AM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 04mzwach
That is interesting. I guess Memphis does need a good PF. Who do the Timberwolves want with the 2nd pick? Thabeet or Rubio? I think I would go with Rubio and then go for a big man with the 6th, then pick up Curry later on if available. It would be a pretty sweet move if everything fell into place the right way. Hopefully, we don't have to give any picks up. Then again, Thabeet would be good in a couple years. Hmm. What would you guys do?


Yeah what im hearing now. Is that the griz want two of top six picks. So the t'wolves are tying to get the fifth pick form the wizards.

But apparently the t'wolves are enamored with both rubio and thabeet.

twolvesfan 06-22-2009 12:57 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 04mzwach
That is interesting. I guess Memphis does need a good PF. Who do the Timberwolves want with the 2nd pick? Thabeet or Rubio? I think I would go with Rubio and then go for a big man with the 6th, then pick up Curry later on if available. It would be a pretty sweet move if everything fell into place the right way. Hopefully, we don't have to give any picks up. Then again, Thabeet would be good in a couple years. Hmm. What would you guys do?

curry's stock is rising fast and wont be available in the later part of the 1st. i see 2 options we could go if we trade love + ? for the 2nd overall.

rubio + Derozan (im really high on this guy)
Thebeet + Derozan or Curry


if we did trade up i would much rather see Rubio + derozan (or some other SF)

twolvesfan 06-22-2009 12:59 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
Yeah what im hearing now. Is that the griz want two of top six picks. So the t'wolves are tying to get the fifth pick form the wizards.

But apparently the t'wolves are enamored with both rubio and thabeet.

this i wouldnt like to see. the 6th and 5th for just the 2nd is too much IMO. even to get the 5th we would likely have to trade both our later 1st rounders. Essentially we would be left with only the 2nd overall

jailer 06-22-2009 01:36 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by twolvesfan
this i wouldnt like to see. the 6th and 5th for just the 2nd is too much IMO. even to get the 5th we would likely have to trade both our later 1st rounders. Essentially we would be left with only the 2nd overall



What I saw was a combo of miller,foye and the 18. Something in that ball park.

twolvesfan 06-22-2009 03:03 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
What I saw was a combo of miller,foye and the 18. Something in that ball park.

i could live with that, i just dont want to end up with 1 pick in the first

Big Al All day 06-22-2009 08:12 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 04mzwach
That is interesting. I guess Memphis does need a good PF. Who do the Timberwolves want with the 2nd pick? Thabeet or Rubio? I think I would go with Rubio and then go for a big man with the 6th, then pick up Curry later on if available. It would be a pretty sweet move if everything fell into place the right way. Hopefully, we don't have to give any picks up. Then again, Thabeet would be good in a couple years. Hmm. What would you guys do?

I would go with Thabeet he's pretty much a lock to be good on D, and hopefully can polish off his Offense. I'm not completely sold on Curry or Rubio, I think I would rather take Jennings and Thabeet, rather then Curry and Thabeet.

JellyBean 06-22-2009 09:33 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
This team, with such an interesting way of working deals...I would not put it past us to do something silly like this.

jailer 06-22-2009 11:32 PM

Re: Kevin Love rumor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by twolvesfan
i could live with that, i just dont want to end up with 1 pick in the first


You would have two picks in the first round. The second and 28th picks.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy