Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ISH Mock Draft - #14 Overall -Phoenix Suns (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135947)

Posterize246 06-16-2009 09:58 PM

ISH Mock Draft - #14 Overall -Phoenix Suns

#1-Blake Griffin
#2-Ricky Rubio
#3-James Harden
#4-Brandon Jennings
#5-Hasheem Thabeet
#6-Tyreke Evans
#7-Johnny Flynn
#8-Stephen Curry
#9-Demar DeRozan
#10-Jordan Hill
#11-Earl Clark
#12-Gerald Henderson
#13-Jrue Holiday

With Phoenix aging on the wing I'm taking James Johnson. This could possibly be Grant Hill's last year in the league. Matt Barnes is not a starter in the league and neither are Jared Dudley and Alando Tucker. They'll eventually need a replacement for Steve Nash but do they take a guy like Teague, Maynor, or Lawson here? I'll go for the wing and take Johnson.

Count:

James Johnson-4
Ty Lawson-2
Eric Maynor-2
Chase Budinger-2
Jeff Teague-1

Maniak 06-16-2009 10:45 PM

Re: ISH Mock Draft - #14 Overall -Phoenix Suns

I dont like what I see for the Suns here. The only guy who interests me right now is DeJuan Blair...

I dont even know where the Suns seem to be going this offseason, and I have a bad feeling about what Kerr will do(or lack there of).

I dont like Johnson but not only because I think he will not do well in the NBA, but also because Im not sure if he is a 3 or 4 right now, and I feel Daye will be terrible too.

I guess I will go with James Johnson, but only because there is nobody I like here unless the Suns were to trade down(which we cant do in this), and I can cross my fingers that he turns out well in the NBA and is a superstar for the Suns...

Snoop_Cat 06-16-2009 10:57 PM

I think they go to work to build insurance for the wings for now and the future.
They could get a PG too, but most of the better PG prospects are gone by now too, and I don't think they should spend a pick on one at this pick.

I like James Johnson, but, feel free to correct me on this, but he's not best shooter?
Assuming they keep Shaq and Amare, I think Chase Budinger is the way to go with this pick.

Posterize246 06-16-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
I like James Johnson, but, feel free to correct me on this, but he's not best shooter?

you would be correct

jailer 06-17-2009 02:26 AM

I guess james johnson. I think they would want a pg here. But since all the top guys are gone they will go with the best wing player available.

InspiredLebowski 06-17-2009 02:44 AM

Just to mix it up, Ty Lawson

takeittothehoop 06-17-2009 04:12 AM

Eric Maynor..I expect them to trade Nash.

TarHeelBorn 06-17-2009 10:34 AM

I honestly have no idea what I would do if I were the Suns, but here is a dream scenario... I would probably start by calling Amare into my office and asking him what he wants to do b/c he's the future. Then I would tell him, "look we are going to suck next year but you'll put up 30-12 if you want to and I am going to clear a bunch of cap space to sign a big name for you to play with. All I need you to do is call some of your boys from Team USA and start telling them how awesome Pheonix is."

Then I'd probably try to trade JRich for a pick; maybe to Minnesota for the 18th and maybe even the 28th if they would throw it in (doubtful). That would leave the Suns with $10-15 mil in guarenteed salaries in 2010/2011 assuming Amare opts out. Will there ever be a better offseason to have that much cap space?! Re-sign Amare, bring in LBJ or D-Wade, etc etc... They'd also get another lotto pick next year b/c they can't make the playoffs in the west with the current squad; especially w/out Hill or JRich.

But for the 14th pick, I'd take Ty Lawson to run the warp speed offense, b/c he has the most experience with that kind of game of any PG in the draft.

Seriously, 2010/2011 roster:
Lawson
Barbosa
LBJ
Amare
Lopez

Plus add this years 18th (Terrance Williams, James Johnson, Sam Young, Austin Daye, or BJ Mullens), a lotto pick next year, and more free agent fillers? Yes sir!

Someone get me Steve Kerr's #!

Maniak 06-17-2009 10:37 AM

JJ has 3, and Ty Lawson has 2.

Lets get a few more votes before moving onto #15.

Posterize, Im going to school in about 25 minutes, so its fine if you post the #15 thread before I get back(3:20 pacific)

Posterize246 06-17-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
JJ has 3, and Ty Lawson has 2.

Lets get a few more votes before moving onto #15.

Posterize, Im going to school in about 25 minutes, so its fine if you post the #15 thread before I get back(3:20 pacific)

:cheers:

How about first to 6 votes wins? 5 if it gets to be late?

Maniak 06-17-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
:cheers:

How about first to 6 votes wins? 5 if it gets to be late?

Sounds good.

A.M.G. 06-17-2009 01:05 PM

James Johnson, he's better than you realize. I would compare him to a sane, but less athletic Ron Artest. Needs to slim down though.

Posterize246 06-17-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Needs to slim down though.

Unless you mean lose some of his muscle mass I don't know what you mean:confusedshrug: He's not fat at all, solid muscle. Takes his weight lifting very serious unless you feel he needs to lay off of it a bit.

qrich 06-17-2009 02:04 PM

Eric Maynor. They need a point, don't think Nash will be back and Dragic was anything but impressive

Interminator 06-17-2009 02:16 PM

Budinger, fits ideally with their system.