Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kevin Love tweets that McHale will not return (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135984)

BTrujillo 06-17-2009 06:44 AM

Kevin Love tweets that McHale will not return

Kind of funny and stupid of Kevin Love at the same time :oldlol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4265512

Quote:

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love says on Twitter that Kevin McHale will not return as coach next season.

In an update posted early Wednesday, Love tweeted, "Today is a sad day ... Kevin McHale will NOT be back as head coach this season."

Upon seeing the posting, a person in the league was told McHale sent a text message to Love indicating he was not coming back. The person requested anonymity because no official announcement has been made.

New team president David Kahn and two Timberwolves spokesmen did not immediately return messages left by The Associated Press.

During a breakfast with media members on Monday, Kahn said no decision had been made and he hoped to meet with McHale again this week.

blacknapalm 06-17-2009 06:47 AM

Re: Kevin Love tweets that McHale will not return

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTrujillo
Kind of funny and stupid of Kevin Love at the same time :oldlol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4265512

why is it stupid? you could argue that kevin mchale is the reason kevin love was chosen over oj mayo. i think mchale fell in love with love's footwork and post moves too prematurely. i think love was able to make a good impression on mchale. we will wait and see but it's not like love is a dude who would just misreport just in case.

BTrujillo 06-17-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacknapalm
why is it stupid?

I meant more on the lines of shutting his mouth (or fingers from typing) and letting the organization announce it themselves

InspiredLebowski 06-17-2009 08:24 AM

Obviously a terrible GM, but their record was better with him at the helm.

Toizumi 06-17-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Obviously a terrible GM, but their record was better with him at the helm.

yeah he did a good job coaching the team this season. just too bad he had to coach the terrible team that he 'built'. Untill big Al went out they were doing good with Mchale at the helm.

InspiredLebowski 06-17-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toizumi
yeah he did a good job coaching the team this season. just too bad he had to coach the terrible team that he 'built'. Untill big Al went out they were doing good with Mchale at the helm.

If he really is out, just wanna see who the replacement is. Avery? Rambis? Is he out of the organization entirely? He was there from day one wasn't he?

Interminator 06-17-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacknapalm
why is it stupid? you could argue that kevin mchale is the reason kevin love was chosen over oj mayo. i think mchale fell in love with love's footwork and post moves too prematurely. i think love was able to make a good impression on mchale. we will wait and see but it's not like love is a dude who would just misreport just in case.

Love wasnt chosen over Mayo.

Minnesota drafted Mayo and were going to keep him, so Memphis drafted another McHale favorite in Love and then called them later offering Mike Miller to get a deal done.

Interminator 06-17-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toizumi

McHale has done a good job as of late.

Dont forget he traded Ricky Davis for a 2009 1st Round Pick.:oldlol:

He will be remembered as a GM for Drafting KG, the Joe Smith contract issue, his failure to build a yearly competitive team around KG, his refusal to keep Cassel & Spreewell, and overly overpaying for Marko Jaric.

Interminator 06-17-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

If he really is out, just wanna see who the replacement is. Avery? Rambis? Is he out of the organization entirely? He was there from day one wasn't he?

Yeah McHale was there since he retired, and he also drafted Kevin Garnett.

bagelred 06-17-2009 08:49 AM

Kevin McHale should have told him not to send out any twats too early.

FireMcFailPlease 06-17-2009 11:23 AM

I've been waiting for this day for years!!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 06-17-2009 11:25 AM

Damn, good start for the t'wolve nation...

GUUS 06-17-2009 11:34 AM

Kevin Love is going to be a great player, it was just so dumb to draft him when you have a crap backcourt and already have an undersized young post scorer with Al Jefferson.

boozehound 06-17-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

bill laimbeer

Big Al All day 06-17-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Yup he is totally out of the organization. We already have a new Gm. Avery comes to mind as an ideal coach, I also wouldn't mind having flip back. I loved flip, I don't think he ever deserved to get fired. Eddie Jordan is with the 76ers now right? Wouldn't mind him either.