Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Official Draft Buzz Thread/Live Draft Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136229)

catsandheels 06-18-2009 09:25 PM

Official Draft Buzz Thread/Live Draft Thread

there is exactly 1 week left to go i say we either get terrance williams guard louisville or dejuan blair pf pitt. i know that some people dont want blair but we can always get a backup 2/3 guard in the 2nd round wat do u guys think???:confusedshrug:

TarHeelBorn 06-18-2009 10:35 PM

Re: 1 week to go until draft day any last thoughts

I think it will be a Rick Pitino coached player. I'm guessing it's Clark which would me very happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Bonnell
Brown is a big fan of Clark.

“He reminds me a lot of Tim Thomas at an early age, with those skills,'' Brown said. “He's long, he can handle it, he's a good athlete and he's really been well-coached at Louisville, with the demands that Rick (Pitino) places on his players to play hard.''

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bob...ry/787189.html

LJJ 06-19-2009 08:51 AM

"He reminds me a lot of Tim Thomas"

Ehr...

Not a good thing?

Brakas 06-19-2009 11:49 AM

I like the idea of getting Terrance Williams or Earl Clark.

BeebCats 06-19-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brakas
I like the idea of getting Terrance Williams or Earl Clark.

I hope we get Williams; I read a comment on a bonnell article that someone had heard he was coming back for a 2nd workout. That would make me happy, I just hope he's not gone before 12.

Legend of Josh 06-19-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ
"He reminds me a lot of Tim Thomas"

Ehr...

Not a good thing?

Tim Thomas always gets a bad rep b/c he's overpaid (no disputing that). However I will say Tim Thomas is a decent player. Overrated due to his salary, underrated due to popular opinion of the guy.

~spectre~ 06-19-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeebCats
I hope we get Williams; I read a comment on a bonnell article that someone had heard he was coming back for a 2nd workout. That would make me happy, I just hope he's not gone before 12.

Yeah, I'm with you...according to DX his best case is a poor Man's Andre Iguodala. More passing helps get us to Larry Ball!+

LB loves Tim Thomas because he can facilitate the offense like Boris. It's not a coincidence we're picking up good passers and it wouldn't surprise me if Williams is the pick.

BTW, last I read he was coming to a "meeting", not a workout.

catsandheels 06-22-2009 06:53 PM

we will probly end up taking henderson since nets have the pick before us and they are probly goin to take t-will

TarHeelBorn 06-23-2009 10:15 AM

Didn't think it deserved it's own thread but interesting thoughts from NBADraft. net mock draft 3.0...

"MJ and Larry Brown appear to have a different philosophy on the draft. MJ wanted Lopez last year, but Brown convinced him to take Augustin. Neither has much patience for players that aren't ready to contribute. Hansbrough has the UNC connection plus the ability to come in and contribute immediately. If Henderson is available he also makes a lot of sense, despite being a Duke player."

After yesterday, I highly doubt we pass on Henderson or T-Will for Hansborough but the part about MJ & Lopez vs LB & Augustin is interesting... I wish MJ had won!

Legend of Josh 06-23-2009 10:27 AM

I would trust LB's judgment over MJ's, any time anywhere.

Timmeh 06-23-2009 11:41 AM

Lopez was in ROY talks for some time last year, so its not like it would have been a bad thing. However, if we had drafted Lopez, Either the Diop or Diaw trade would have never happened.

Legend of Josh 06-23-2009 11:46 AM

There's no scientific method when it comes to the NBA draft. So much of it is sheer luck unless your name is LeBron or Melo, etc. Given LB's experience and expertise I'd rather him have the green light then a hunch MJ has.

catsandheels 06-23-2009 12:44 PM

after reading some of the nets fans blogs and there website there is no way there going to pass on t-will so it will probly be henderson with the 12 pick.

Timmeh 06-23-2009 12:58 PM

Here's what I've seen:

DraftExpress: Gerald Henderson
FoxSports: Tyreke Evans (WTF????)
NBADraft.net: Tyler Hansbrough (Really??)
FanHouse: DeMar DeRozan (Omg)
LestersLegends: Wayne Ellington (*smacks forehead*)
InsideHoops: Earl Clark (A little better)

So, nobody knows who we're picking.

Legend of Josh 06-23-2009 01:06 PM

I think at this point it's just going to be hoping we draft a potential pro-league stud. Like I said before, no real science about it.