Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Don't you find these *******s annoying? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136273)

NotYetGreat 06-19-2009 05:15 AM

Don't you find these *******s annoying?

Do you absolutely hate those *******s who seem to think that there's an unwritten rule that, when you're playing all alone, they have the right to rebound the ball for you and take shots too? I mean, if it were me and my friends, then that would be awesome, but these are 20 year old jobless mother****ers, who I don't know or give a flying **** about, just barge in whenever I want to get some time to practice on my own. The other problem is that they're stubborn! They don't listen to you if you ask them if you can get some solo practice, but then they just don't understand and keep shooting. Who here hates these guys?

OnePeat 06-19-2009 09:57 AM

Re: Don't you find these *******s annoying?

I know exactly what you're talking about. Sometimes I have to play like 3 straight one on ones when all I want to do is work on my J. Other times it's some scrub dude who just wants to chuck for 10 minutes. Best way to avoid this is to pracice real early--usually nobody is out at that time. Or, if they just want to shoot around, make like ten in a row and they get bored just rebounding.

phoenix18 06-19-2009 11:16 AM

Sometimes you make friends that way too. You never know.

GiveItToBurrito 06-19-2009 03:39 PM

Damn, that's horrible. Never happened to me, but I'd be pissed if it did. I can't imagine just going up and shooting someone else's ball, too.

NotYetGreat 06-19-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnePeat
I know exactly what you're talking about. Sometimes I have to play like 3 straight one on ones when all I want to do is work on my J. Other times it's some scrub dude who just wants to chuck for 10 minutes. Best way to avoid this is to pracice real early--usually nobody is out at that time. Or, if they just want to shoot around, make like ten in a row and they get bored just rebounding.

They take the ball after 2 shots, regardless of whether it's a make or miss. Another thing that sucks is that they're not even from this village most of the time.

iamgine 06-19-2009 11:36 PM

tell em to fck off.

NotYetGreat 06-20-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
tell em to fck off.

It's not as easy as that around here. Wish it was, but no.

Shoo 06-29-2009 05:22 AM

Oh God, I know exactly what you and some others are talking about. It doesn't matter what time of day.

I'll be shooting around on a weekend waiting for friends and some scrub will try to jack up 3's, completely missing the backboard and rim, and me of course waiting for the rebound has to go get it since I'm closest to the ball.

I'll be shooting around on a weekday and some jobless 40 year old appears and wants to shoot with me. What the hell.

I'll be shooting at 6AM to avoid these idiots when some random dude passing by during his regular morning walk asks to join in. And of course he jacks up the ugliest shots too.

Meanwhile, none of these fools understand that if you make a shot, you get to keep shooting. I'll make a sweet jumpshot and am ready to see if I'm hot, and the retard will go pick up the ball and start jacking up his own shot.

I guess I'm not used to these guys because I used to live out in the boonies, but from now on, I'm definitely gonna start saying no.

And I'm not trying to be racist, but what's with these Mexican *******s who decide to play soccer on the basketball court. If we happen to be playing a half court game and these Mexican idiots arrive, they ask us to move. What the hell? So of course, we refuse and they try to start ****.

Mighty 06-30-2009 06:18 PM

lol, i just had this exact problem 15 minutes ago xD

BrentISballin 07-01-2009 01:51 AM

I hate this too man, but I have to remind myself that it's a public gym and everybody has the same rights to use whatever they want as me :(
wA kinda similar experience was when i was holding a ball while a game was going on ( shooting on the clear side before they ran back) then this scrub guy that i dont know runs up behind me and pokes the ball out my hand, and takes it to the other side. Wow, i followed him and told him to give me it back and he wouldnt, he said its everybodys ball

If only my gym membership didnt mean so much to me :rant

The Big Skinny 07-01-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentISballin
I hate this too man, but I have to remind myself that it's a public gym and everybody has the same rights to use whatever they want as me :(
wA kinda similar experience was when i was holding a ball while a game was going on ( shooting on the clear side before they ran back) then this scrub guy that i dont know runs up behind me and pokes the ball out my hand, and takes it to the other side. Wow, i followed him and told him to give me it back and he wouldnt, he said its everybodys ball

....I prob would've slapped him...no joke

The Big Skinny 07-01-2009 02:01 AM

I hate when your practicing alone and some scrubs ask you if you want to run with them. happens to me at my gym and just annoys me because i want to say no and practice but they end up running with out me and take over the court..ALWAYS happens to me

NotYetGreat 07-01-2009 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
I hate when your practicing alone and some scrubs ask you if you want to run with them. happens to me at my gym and just annoys me because i want to say no and practice but they end up running with out me and take over the court..ALWAYS happens to me

That too. *******s don't know the meaning of the word "respect".

LevisJeans 07-01-2009 01:19 PM

They're really annoying. I usually just play them 1 on 1 for the ball and that usually makes them leave me alone. If there is a group of them coming, I usually leave and go to another park nearby.

Automajic23 07-01-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentISballin

Man do I really hate scrubs.