Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Draft Grade (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137254)

BigSims2108 06-26-2009 12:17 AM

Draft Grade

What grade would you give the griz for their draft night.
I'll give them a B- or C+. I thought it was OK.

berraco 06-26-2009 12:34 AM

Re: Draft Grade

F-

brandonislegend 06-26-2009 01:29 AM

B

if you really think its F- your a ****ing idiot.

Sam Young is a total steal

Thabeet although alot of us dont like him was the #2 player in the draft

and DeMarre Carroll is all energy we need some energy considering gasol/thabeet front line

jailer 06-26-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berraco
F-

Wow I cant believe you would even say that. Dry your tears and give it a real grade man.

I would have to also say b to a b-. We got a steal in young, And thabeet was the best center in this draft. Not to mention on a side note we dropped darko for a a good shooting swing man.

Kebab Stall 06-26-2009 04:24 AM

C-

If we didn't have the 2nd pick and it was based on just the last 2 picks, I'd give it a B+.

J-Memphis 06-26-2009 07:36 AM

C

Disappointed initially but giving room for potential and surprise. If we can pick up some scoring in the FA market or trades I will be more excited about the guys we got last night because as much as Wallace preached toughness we were 2nd in Fewest PPG.

BigSims2108 06-26-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSims2108
What grade would you give the griz for their draft night.
I'll give them a B- or C+. I thought it was OK.

Well remember guys, we have to wait to see what they do in free agency before this is all said and done.

Kebab Stall 06-26-2009 08:08 AM

With all three guys we picked, the potential is there. So I'm hoping they all pan out. Thabeet can be an excellent defensive force. Carroll, well, someone is going to have to fill me in, because I am clueless about this guy, but he does look good. Young, can be an excellent scorer of the bench. He's definitly my favourite pick from last night.

Interminator 06-26-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
With all three guys we picked, the potential is there. So I'm hoping they all pan out. Thabeet can be an excellent defensive force. Carroll, well, someone is going to have to fill me in, because I am clueless about this guy, but he does look good. Young, can be an excellent scorer of the bench. He's definitly my favourite pick from last night.

This.

C as well.

I dont know why we drafted Carroll, everything I've read about him before the Draft screamed undersized hustle big man thats going to run the court well in transition and get dunks kind of like Renaldo Balkman did in NY.But I thought at worst we could exepect Arthur to provide that type of role for us.

He also has the personality of a stale condom:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbA4suvCMk

However I thought we could use a spot shooter like Ellington or Meeks at #27, since both were available.

I like the Sam Young pick, I mentioned him before and was glad to see us take him at 36.Hopefully we give him an opportunity to make the team and find a specific role for him.

Thabeet was the low point of the Draft, there were other opportunities available and other players who could provide more of an impact from Drafting guys like Harden or Reke as a 6th Man, or Drafting Rubio and dealing him elsewhere to grab a few more Draft picks and allowing us to move down.

derf 06-26-2009 01:42 PM

lets hope thabeet can be at least motumbo and not shawn bradley i like sam young carroll plays wild and i dont think his game will translate to the nba.c-

berraco 06-28-2009 01:45 PM

ok, ok... I was totally upset with Thabeet, and I think Memphis has wasted another top pick. I'm fearing Thabeet can become another Kwame Brown. He should be better, but you never know. In general it can be a C or a C+. The other picks are not bad at all. But taking Thabeet makes the things hard to give a good grade.

jailer 06-28-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berraco
ok, ok... I was totally upset with Thabeet, and I think Memphis has wasted another top pick. I'm fearing Thabeet can become another Kwame Brown. He should be better, but you never know. In general it can be a C or a C+. The other picks are not bad at all. But taking Thabeet makes the things hard to give a good grade.

The simple point is that the draft was very weak for big men. Thabeet was the top center in the draft and the only one that could become an impact player. We didnt need evans or harden and rubio isnt even gonna play in the nba this season and possibly the next. The draft was above average I think.

traaaaaa 06-29-2009 12:23 PM

Carroll is a nice hustling defensive minded forward.... The Sam Young pick was definitely a steal. I'm more curious to how Carroll and Arthur coexist though. They seem somewhat similar. B-

jailer 06-30-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traaaaaa
Carroll is a nice hustling defensive minded forward.... The Sam Young pick was definitely a steal. I'm more curious to how Carroll and Arthur coexist though. They seem somewhat similar. B-

Yeah I dont know waht were gonna do with arthur. Now unless were gonna put carol in as a tweener.