Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Best Prospect For the '10 Draft? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137280)

The Big Skinny 06-26-2009 04:18 AM

Best Prospect For the '10 Draft?

John Wall? Donatas Motiejunas?

I want my wizards to somehow get their hands on GTOWN C Greg Monroe

Snoop_Cat 06-26-2009 04:33 AM

Re: Best Prospect For the '10 Draft?

Greg Monroe - Tim Duncan-like in the way he has very solid fundamentals, good post moves, good passer, intelligent, rebounds, makes others better, defends well, good + soft touch, athletic, good size.
Yup, just your typical, all-star, all-NBA Power Forward. Not a big deal.

John Wall - Don't know too much about him, but people call him a Derrick Rose clone which is good enough for me.

Cole Aldrich - I like double-doubles.

Donatas Montiejunas - Andrea Bargnani v.2.0? Good or bad, depending on how you look at it. Not a top 5 worthy pick to me.

brandonislegend 06-26-2009 04:40 AM

John Wall 100%

Kebab Stall 06-26-2009 05:33 AM

The thing is, there really isn't a shortage of excellent players in next year's draft, which is good considering Memphis are heading right back for a top 10 pick next year.

Also, plenty of PF's, which is good, considering the nauseating amount of guards this year.

Interminator 06-26-2009 08:15 AM

John Wall-He would've gone Top 3 if he had the balls to challenge Stern and the Draft rule in 09'.

InspiredLebowski 06-26-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
The thing is, there really isn't a shortage of excellent players in next year's draft, which is good considering Memphis are heading right back for a top 10 pick next year.

I'm right there with you. Now I get to dream of landing Monroe.

Quote:

Also, plenty of PF's, which is good, considering the nauseating amount of guards this year.

Would you be interested in a young man of outstanding moral character, impeccable work ethic, all time scoring leader in one of the best basketball conferences, national champion, blah blah blah?

Kebab Stall 06-26-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I'm right there with you. Now I get to dream of landing Monroe.

Monroe actually ended up with the Pacers on my NBA 2k9. Dude was tearing it up.

Quote:

Would you be interested in a young man of outstanding moral character, impeccable work ethic, all time scoring leader in one of the best basketball conferences, national champion, blah blah blah?
I probably wouldn't mind Hansbrough. He's an upgrade over Arthur, though not as athletic. But we now have Warrick, Arthur and Carroll at the PF spot and we still need to try and sign a PF worthy of starting. We don't need yet another backup PF.

InspiredLebowski 06-26-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Monroe actually ended up with the Pacers on my NBA 2k9. Dude was tearing it up.

I probably wouldn't mind Hansbrough. He's an upgrade over Arthur, though not as athletic. But we now have Warrick, Arthur and Carroll at the PF spot and we still need to try and sign a PF worthy of starting. We don't need yet another backup PF.

But, but, he practices hard!

Black Joker 06-26-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

lol i'm sorry for your luck getting Hansbrough... but at least someone has heard of him. Who the f&ck is Christian Eyenga?!?! and i know i know, we had the best record and still for the moment have Lebron, and we weren't expecting to get a star at the 30th pick... but goddamnit!

Buffalobraves 06-26-2009 12:53 PM

It's going to be John Wall. By the end of next season it will be like Griffin this year, everyone has Wall going #1 and the rest of the picks under that will change a lot from mock to mock.

A.M.G. 06-26-2009 01:26 PM

Because so many bigs who would have probably been first rounders this year didn't declare, next year's draft is going to be loaded with bigs.

Guys who could have been picked this year:

Greg Monroe
Cole Aldrich
Ed Davis
Patrick Patterson
Craig Brackins
Jerome Jordan
Dexter Pittman
Jarvis Varnado

Young dudes who might be one'n'dones:
Derrick Favors
Demarcus Cousins
Renardo Sidney
John Reik (or is he a soph now?)
Ater Majok

Now some of these guys will probably fail in the NBA (cough Sidney, cough cough) but nevertheless there will be a lot of frontcourt options for teams.

Interminator 06-26-2009 04:01 PM

Majok isnt a Pro prospect yet and neither is Riek, the learning curve for both is very steep.

qrich 06-26-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Zach Randolph?

oballers4life 06-26-2009 07:15 PM

Can somebody with ESPN Insider port this for me?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/...aftyear%3d2010

thanx

Pharcyde 06-26-2009 08:07 PM

Al-Farouq Aminu will be good.