Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Okay...Now what's next? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137486)

RichMo 06-27-2009 06:39 PM

Okay...Now what's next?

With the newest acquisitions/trades. Who will be the next big name player they will get & when?

JerzeyBlaze 06-28-2009 12:08 AM

Re: Okay...Now what's next?

I would make a serious move in FA. Obviously they are rebuilding and looking towards the future and in 3 years the Nets will be a top 4 team in the east, but i would make a little noise in July by picking up any one of these players in order:

1. Carlos Boozer (4)
2. Hedo Turkoglu (3 or 4)
3. Brandon Bass (4)
4. Linas Kleiza (3)
5. Drew Gooden (4)
6. Shawn Marion (3)
7. Ron Artest (3)

I would love the pickup of Boozer, But to save cap space, i would probably pick up a dude like either Kleiza and play him at the 3 or Bass and Gooden and play them at the 4
Kleiza set to make - 2,705,723
Bass - 826,269
Gooden - 1,484,029

Then i would get rid of or do a trade for Ager, Simmons, and Boone (especially Simmons to get rid of his hefty contract)

Now that i think about it, if we can shave simmons contract and pick up Boozer or Hedo, that'll be a good move i think.

KiddToCarter 06-28-2009 05:19 AM

i just dont know what we could get.. i mean we are a rebuilding team.. everyone whats to get one year contract or maybe one plus player option... so day could get more value or just so se what is gonna happen... me i would trade YI agger swat najera.. and hope we could get some pieces to the puzzle... or somethink... but the querstion is who wants to play for a rebiulding team... so that is what is hurtin me...:rant :rant :cry:

wang4three 06-28-2009 11:30 AM

Just tank it this season and get a high draft pick is what I vote for. Maybe trade off Devin if you get a nice piece.

IlliniFan 06-28-2009 01:06 PM

Just leave the roster the way it is. No matter who the Nets sign, they are not a championship contender next season. Get the young guys some experience, get a nice draft pick, sign one of the big name FAs in 2010, and hope for the best.

Devin Harris, Coutney Lee, Brook Lopez is a solid core. Just need that superstar.

SLY 06-28-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Just leave the roster the way it is. No matter who the Nets sign, they are not a championship contender next season. Get the young guys some experience, get a nice draft pick, sign one of the big name FAs in 2010, and hope for the best.

Devin Harris, Coutney Lee, Brook Lopez is a solid core. Just need that superstar.

i got faith in my boy T-Will

I really think he will turnout to be an NBA allstar one day maybe a better version of Corey Maggette

JerzeyBlaze 06-28-2009 11:29 PM

IS T-Will going to play SF or SG? I would assume SF since they have both LEE and CDR...

LBJames2010 06-29-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wang4three
Just tank it this season and get a high draft pick is what I vote for. Maybe trade off Devin if you get a nice piece.

better be a REALLY nice piece...I'd rather keep devin

wang4three 06-29-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBJames2010
better be a REALLY nice piece...I'd rather keep devin

Devin's turning 27 next season. It may take us 2 or 3 years to actually rebuild this team.. I'm not sure if he's capable of leading when he's nearing 30. I wouldn't mind trading him for a young point guard prospect--like a Jonny Flynn (if he's available), Rondo, or maybe even Monta Ellis.

We probably won't though; I think we're really going to find out Devin's trade value this season but if the right deal came along right now I wouldn't pass it up.

traaaaaa 06-29-2009 12:36 PM

At the very least, Terrance Williams will be entertaining.

Nets fan 93 06-29-2009 02:12 PM

Trade Devin for an allstar big

We have Rafer as a replacement

ZHAKIDD532 06-29-2009 02:54 PM

Were not signing any big FAs this offseason. They're not going to take playing time away from the young players.

JerzeyBlaze 06-29-2009 06:16 PM

I've been a Nets fan for a while, but if they trade Devin I'M GONE!

LBJames2010 06-30-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Trade Devin for an allstar big

We have Rafer as a replacement

I dont like the sound of that.

gigantes 06-30-2009 10:35 AM

alston is a streetballer and a headcase.
granted, one of the best that's ever been able to hack the NBA, but still, a streetballer and a headcase.

for a young developing team it seems critical to have some veterans who will be on the court (sorry, eduardo) who can provide a positive influence, move the ball properly, take responsibility, teach and motivate a little bit, etc.

i knew that carter wasn't going to be a net forever, but i greatly valued the positive influence that he would have exerted on the young guys just by being around here the next couple of years. so not only is dooling a better backup and influence than alston is, but now that carter is gone, where does the on-court leadership come from?

harris? i'm not convinced. as much as he's accomplished, he needs to take steps forward in a number of different areas if he's going to be the PG of the future... or at least the next 5-6 years. therefore i would not be adverse to trading him for a very good PG prospect who can grow alongside of lopez, lee and whoever else for the next 10+ years.