Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Of the foreign players drafted, which will come over for 09/10 and which will stay? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137514)

Hoopladawg87 06-27-2009 11:07 PM

Of the foreign players drafted, which will come over for 09/10 and which will stay?

I'm kinda curious to see who all might come over for the 2009/10 season as wellas who may stay in Europe to develop. If you have any info on the following players' plans for the upcoming season, please let me know. Thanks!

Ricky Rubio
Victor Claver
Omri Casspi
Rodrigue Beaubois
Christian Eyenga
Sergio Llull
Jonas Jerebko
Patrick Beverley
Nick Calathes
Henk Norel
Sergey Gladyr
Nando de Colo
Emir Preldzic

Grinder 06-27-2009 11:31 PM

Re: Of the foreign players drafted, which will come over for 09/10 and which will stay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopladawg87
I'm kinda curious to see who all might come over for the 2009/10 season as wellas who may stay in Europe to develop. If you have any info on the following players' plans for the upcoming season, please let me know. Thanks!

Ricky Rubio
Victor Claver
Omri Casspi
Rodrigue Beaubois
Christian Eyenga
Sergio Llull
Jonas Jerebko
Patrick Beverley
Nick Calathes
Henk Norel
Sergey Gladyr
Nando de Colo
Emir Preldzic

Beverley isn't foreign, he's an American that was playing in the Ukranian second division. Bolded are the guys I think will come over this year.

cormacraig 06-29-2009 07:55 AM

Re: Of the foreign players drafted, which will come over for 09/10 and which will stay?

Don't believe the hype - Ricky Rubio will play in the NBA next season.
For Eyenga, I can't see joining the league for the near future.

dealer77 06-29-2009 07:56 AM

I would personally like to see Jerebko come over and get some playing time for the pistons this year. I think it would be good help for him, for the team, and in terms of getting rid of the sour taste of drafting foreign players that we've had since darko.

not to mention the fact that swedes seem very welcome in detroit :pimp:

la bomba 07-01-2009 01:43 AM

Rubio,Claver,Norel,llull and casspi I think will stay in Europe,the rest I dont know to be honest.

Melissa 07-01-2009 08:58 AM

Nando De Colo will play in spain (valencia) for 1 or 2 years before joining the spurs. He wants to come to the nba but he needs to improve. i'd say there's 40% chance he'll come to the spurs in the future.