Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   should farmar start (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137783)

23ajay 06-30-2009 09:17 AM

should farmar start

farmar gives the lakers the speed at the point guard spot which would help them guard chris paul and aaron brooks which caused them a whole lot of trouble in the rockets series also farmar can knock down perimeter shots he is a pretty good passer so should farmar start?

lakerfreak 06-30-2009 10:36 AM

Re: should farmar start

Absolutely not. He hasn't proven that he earned it.

Hes smaller than CP3 and weaker than many guards.

traditionone 06-30-2009 11:00 AM

If the Lakers bring back Shannon Brown, Farmar's days in L.A. could be numbered. He's not a starting point guard in this league and Brown has proven he is a very capable back up. The Lakers are going to spend a lot of money to keep the core of this team together. They may decide to go another direction instead of resigning Farmar when his rookie contract expires.

dd24 06-30-2009 12:16 PM

Farmar is not a starter in this league, especially for a team trying to repeat. He is a decent backup but nothing more than that. If Brown returns I think his PT will be less.

bleedinpurpleTwo 06-30-2009 01:12 PM

I would like to see Farmar get more consistent big minutes (30mpg) to SEE if he can be the future answer at PG.

LA.MJ&KB#1 06-30-2009 01:47 PM

Damn we have so many problems right now...Farmar, Lo, Ariza and Brown. Farmar is our best option right now if we are talking about just next season because its still within his rookie contract. So, I would start him to see if he have what it take...

We have some many problem...Do the right thing Mitch....

triangleoffense 06-30-2009 02:03 PM

negatory

bladefd 06-30-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
If the Lakers bring back Shannon Brown, Farmar's days in L.A. could be numbered. He's not a starting point guard in this league and Brown has proven he is a very capable back up. The Lakers are going to spend a lot of money to keep the core of this team together. They may decide to go another direction instead of resigning Farmar when his rookie contract expires.

Yeah, I think Farmar will be gone once his rookie contract expires UNLESS if he starts playing like he did last season or if Fisher is forced into retirement early and Shannon Brown does not turn out to be the player we expect him to be next year. Anything is possible.

JJ81 06-30-2009 04:05 PM

I'd rather Shannon Brown started. Farmar has the potential to be a really good back up PG.

WiltTheStilt 06-30-2009 05:29 PM

I dont think we know what Farmar could do as a starter. Derek Fisher was never injured that kept him out of the lineup for any time, so Farmar never got his chance. It is hard to tell how he would do even though we see signs of immaturety.

dd24 06-30-2009 05:40 PM

Farmar has had a chance. He was playing pretty much the same minutes as Fisher was in the playoffs. Phil was trying to split it evenly for a while there. I think it's obvious he isn't a top tier PG. He's a nice back up. There's nothing wrong with that.

kobedablackmamba 07-02-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Absolutely not. He hasn't proven that he earned it.

Hes smaller than CP3 and weaker than many guards.

yup D-Fish is still he best for starter, and i think Farmar needs more years to build up his mentality and competency...
But he's a super-sub...:D

23ajay 07-07-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobedablackmamba
yup D-Fish is still he best for starter, and i think Farmar needs more years to build up his mentality and competency...
But he's a super-sub...:D

true but fisher can bring experence off the bench i have no prefrence the only thing is farmar has speed which fisher does not have if farmar improves on his shot would you start him

All Net 07-07-2009 12:41 PM

Will be interesting how many minutes Fisher will get this year and how Phil will share the PG minutes round.

djwhizard 07-07-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ81
I'd rather Shannon Brown started. Farmar has the potential to be a really good back up PG.

agreed.