Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   nugs draft grade- F (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137980)

el gringos 07-01-2009 02:05 PM

nugs draft grade- F

Lawson would be a good player to have as your 3rd pg but that isn't what the team needed this time

Lawson is too small and not a shooter or scorer and won't fit karls 2 gaurd offense he like so much- the positive w lawson imo is that he is close to his ceiling and for as good as he will ever be he should be ready now- if they don't get a real second pg the nugs are in trouble again

So when chicago picked they and everyone knew philly was going pg- if the nuggets were able to get to 18 they could have gotten to 16 for the perfect player for the team- JRUE HOLIDAY- if lawson is worth 1 pick than holiday was worth 2- holiday will be way better and would be a way better fit with the current team

Then on top of that even w holiday off the board the pick before jeff teague is a whole level better as a player also-
There were also up to a half dozen better pg's taken after lawson so the value at 18 was terrible

Llull even measures out and sounds like a more realistic starting/backup pg type- but our team wasn't taking the rights to this guy, they just wanted to make money

If they really did their scouting there is just no way they could come up w trading into the spot they did and taking who they did- they just took the laziest cheapest way out of this draft- and your saying "oh great we got a real steal to be the backup"

how can you not see that the nuggets screwed this one up badly? The chances for a huge day were there and instead the nugs were one of the 5 or so teams that failed miserably-

I didn't think holiday would be possible and it was- didn't even think teague would be possible esp w just 1 future pick then they pass?

Pick 34 had value- there were a lot of real nba players taken shortly after as well as some good looking prospects

Overall grade- a clear FAIL

KINGofTHEcourt 07-01-2009 04:03 PM

Re: nugs draft grade- F

Nuggets just need to stop hatin' and get money IMO

1~Gibson~1 07-01-2009 06:01 PM

Lawson was exactly what this team needed. He isnt exactly going to put you guys over the hump and guarentee you a championship, but he fills a need for you guys.

crounsa810 07-01-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
Lawson would be a good player to have as your 3rd pg but that isn't what the team needed this time

Lawson is too small and not a shooter or scorer and won't fit karls 2 gaurd offense he like so much- the positive w lawson imo is that he is close to his ceiling and for as good as he will ever be he should be ready now- if they don't get a real second pg the nugs are in trouble again

So when chicago picked they and everyone knew philly was going pg- if the nuggets were able to get to 18 they could have gotten to 16 for the perfect player for the team- JRUE HOLIDAY- if lawson is worth 1 pick than holiday was worth 2- holiday will be way better and would be a way better fit with the current team

Then on top of that even w holiday off the board the pick before jeff teague is a whole level better as a player also-
There were also up to a half dozen better pg's taken after lawson so the value at 18 was terrible

Llull even measures out and sounds like a more realistic starting/backup pg type- but our team wasn't taking the rights to this guy, they just wanted to make money

If they really did their scouting there is just no way they could come up w trading into the spot they did and taking who they did- they just took the laziest cheapest way out of this draft- and your saying "oh great we got a real steal to be the backup"

how can you not see that the nuggets screwed this one up badly? The chances for a huge day were there and instead the nugs were one of the 5 or so teams that failed miserably-

I didn't think holiday would be possible and it was- didn't even think teague would be possible esp w just 1 future pick then they pass?

Pick 34 had value- there were a lot of real nba players taken shortly after as well as some good looking prospects

No.

paguy1955 07-02-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810
No.

I agree...DITTO:cheers:

OneMoreSucka 07-02-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Nuggets just need to stop hatin' and get money IMO

Makes sense

NuggetsFan 07-02-2009 07:04 PM

I actually liked the Lawson pickup. I'd rather have gotten Holiday\Maynor but I guess Lawson will do.

Maybe not an A but far from an F :no:

Robster89 07-02-2009 07:58 PM

Seriously?

I'm a Laker fan but I thought getting Lawson was a brilliant move.
The floor leader of the NCAA champions, who were not the same team without him when he missed time.
Billups is no spring chicken, and TY may be able to spell him some as the season progresses, giving you guys a nice change up at the point, and potentially reducing Chauncey's wear a tear a little.
Considering where you guys were picking I was shocked you got a player of Lawson's caliber.
I don't think you have any glaring needs, assuming you keep the Birdman.
I think Lawson was a great pickup.

Reports are that the Lakers have agreed with Artest, not sure if they are confirmed yet.

LateNightNBA 07-05-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810
No.

That's all that really needs to be said.

mrhoopfan 07-05-2009 09:30 AM

The guy has won at every level and has an uncanny ability to score in the lane over bigger players. He'll be a very good back up pg.

OneMoreSucka 07-05-2009 03:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7beJY4BFB4Q&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgRgE47my7M

:bowdown:

shortlunatic 07-05-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos

you call yourself a nuggets fan??

Triplelefthook 07-20-2009 01:24 PM

i think that Lawson was a fantastic pick and that he will turn out to be the best PG of this class when all is said and done.

he immediately upgrades the backup PG position and he has a much higher ceiling than Carter.

he also has the potential to become the new starting PG of the future. I like the pick

however i wish the Nuggets would have used their 2nd round pick instead of trading it away - i think they should have gotten Sam Young or Dejuan Blair