Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Randolph to Memphis for Richardson (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138029)

LbloodOjunkieG 07-01-2009 08:44 PM

Randolph to Memphis for Richardson

So how do you guys feel about acquiring Zach Randolph?

BigSims2108 07-01-2009 09:14 PM

Re: Randolph to Memphis for Richardson

Quote:

Originally Posted by LbloodOjunkieG
So how do you guys feel about acquiring Zach Randolph?

Kill me. :banghead:

gasolina 07-01-2009 10:03 PM

Now the Thabeet pick makes a little more sense.

My God, Z-bo.... funny how I loved his game when he broke out during the P.O.'s with the Blazers. Look at him now.

Something easier on the eyes for us grizz fans, all taken from his time in L.A.

1. 48.7 - Z-bo's shooting %, a career high
2. 34.7 - his 3pt shooting %, also a career high
3. 2.3 - his average assists and turnovers per game. The first time in his career that his assists > or equal his To's.

Still a pretty bad trade:banghead:

brandonislegend 07-01-2009 10:10 PM

I was just thinking...We should have signed odom (hes one of my favorite players)

but think of

Conley
Mayo
Gay
Odom
Thabeet

so much length ;D

gasolina 07-01-2009 10:19 PM

Oh well...

Conley / ?
OJ / Young
Rudy / Carroll
Zbo / Warrick
Gasol / Thabeet

Should be pretty nice in NBA 2k

brandonislegend 07-01-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina
Oh well...

Conley / ?
OJ / Young
Rudy / Carroll
Zbo / Warrick
Gasol / Thabeet

Should be pretty nice in NBA 2k

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

KINGofTHEcourt 07-01-2009 10:27 PM

Grizzlies managements needs to stop HATIN' and get money :pimp:

BigSims2108 07-01-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSims2108
Kill me. :banghead:

Just kidding. I'm willing to give him a shot. But I hope he behaves here...

jailer 07-01-2009 11:49 PM

Guys its not a sexy move. But its actually a really good one for us. Randolph is a rebounding, tough, double doble machine. He is expensive but his contract is up in just two seasons.

brandonislegend 07-02-2009 01:48 AM

I like it personally.

gasolina 07-02-2009 01:58 AM

It's not really well known but the Grizz desperately need some offense inside as well. Nobody aside from Gasol can score consistently inside. Gay just doesn't quite get it to finish inside and Mayo is just too short.

Z-Bo should be able to provide that. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it seems.

berraco 07-02-2009 03:14 AM

i'm with with jailer and gasolina. the trade looks bad but Randolph is the kind of scorer that this team need.

Kebab Stall 07-02-2009 03:40 AM

I'm not exactly thrilled about this, but it should be a good move. I'm just not looking forward to the 'black hole'-ness that he brings, hopefully that won't be much of an issue.

Here's a link...

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...h-randolph-de/

He's happy and wants to help us win? That sounds good to me.

However, this deal can't be completed until next week, which is stated in the link, due to the CBA.

This is either going to make this team look even more ridiculous or it will work out great. I just don't know which side we're going to fall on yet. I hope it's the latter.

dab0yech0 07-02-2009 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I'm not exactly thrilled about this, but it should be a good move. I'm just not looking forward to the 'black hole'-ness that he brings, hopefully that won't be much of an issue.

Here's a link...

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...h-randolph-de/

He's happy and wants to help us win? That sounds good to me.

However, this deal can't be completed until next week, which is stated in the link, due to the CBA.

This is either going to make this team look even more ridiculous or it will work out great. I just don't know which side we're going to fall on yet. I hope it's the latter.

I don't know why people keep saying hes a blackhole. If he was before, he never showed any of it in Los Angeles. Also, other than shoving away Louis Amundson, Randolph was on good behavior in Los Angeles. He played hard every single night and if not for Eric Gordon, Zach Randolph was the 2nd best player on the Clippers the 2nd half of last season.

Kebab Stall 07-02-2009 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dab0yech0
I don't know why people keep saying hes a blackhole. If he was before, he never showed any of it in Los Angeles. Also, other than shoving away Louis Amundson, Randolph was on good behavior in Los Angeles. He played hard every single night and if not for Eric Gordon, Zach Randolph was the 2nd best player on the Clippers the 2nd half of last season.

Which is why I'm thinking he's going to be a good player for us. He played extremely well in LA, but I can't help but feel a bit skeptical about all of this, due to his past troubles.