Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   iverson wants to play for memphis rumor (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138136)

derf 07-02-2009 01:22 PM

iverson wants to play for memphis rumor

i hope we dont sign him he knows we have money and he probably dont have any offers.we can do alot better in the free agent market than a.i

Mississippi 07-02-2009 01:25 PM

Re: iverson wants to play for memphis rumor

like what? how can we do better? I want to know!

jailer 07-02-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mississippi
like what? how can we do better? I want to know!

Sign andre miller and allow mayo to grow as a player instead of taking a step back. With Iverson, Gay, and Randolph we would sell alot of tickets but no one would pass the ball.

Mississippi 07-02-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
Sign andre miller and allow mayo to grow as a player instead of taking a step back. With Iverson, Gay, and Randolph we would sell alot of tickets but no one would pass the ball.

Hmm Andre Miller. I like the ideal of a Miller signing as well. I want a reason to go to a couple of games this year.

jailer 07-03-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mississippi
Hmm Andre Miller. I like the ideal of a Miller signing as well. I want a reason to go to a couple of games this year.

I agree the idea of having iverson is tempting. But I dont think he helps us on the court as much as he helps the front office sell more tickets.

BigSims2108 07-03-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
I agree the idea of having iverson is tempting. But I dont think he helps us on the court as much as he helps the front office sell more tickets.

Yeah, and besides we don't need A.I. to sell tickets. We need to start putting up W's. Andre Miller will help bring us some of those. Even if we have to have Conley come off the bench.

brooks_thompson 07-04-2009 12:12 AM

I'm pretty sure Hollins will not let anyone come in and compete with Conley for the starting job; he loves the guy. I'm willing to give him a full season as a starter to prove he is worth that trust. The only concern I have is the lack of ball movement on the team.

Not to bash Greg Oden, but Conley has had more flashes of being a solid professional at this point than Oden, even though he was seen as lucking out into his draft position thanks to Oden.

I may be forgetting other point guards in that '07 draft, but I'd take Conley over Stuckey. He's really promising now with his 3-point shot developing. (the only complaint I have is how many he airballs, while still somehow shooting a good percentage on them)

Kebab Stall 07-04-2009 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSims2108
Yeah, and besides we don't need A.I. to sell tickets. We need to start putting up W's. Andre Miller will help bring us some of those. Even if we have to have Conley come off the bench.

Exactly, wins brings fans and more ticket sales.

jailer 07-05-2009 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Exactly, wins brings fans and more ticket sales.

I agree with that

OJMayoDaFuture 07-05-2009 12:38 PM

I Want A.i. to Play in Memphis But If He Even Plays He Playing On The Bench Or Share Minutes With Conley It Might Even Help Conley Cuz A.I. Was A Good PG Scoring Wise U Might See A Bit Of A.I. In Conley In Couple Years If He Comes.

Memphis Grizzlies :cheers:Iverson+Conley = Scoring Combo 1 2 Punch

jailer 07-05-2009 08:35 PM

On paper it makes sense. But because iverson has said that he never wants to play off the bench again, it kinda limits the combo of guards.