Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ecw (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1384)

Voratian 06-13-2006 10:37 PM

Ecw

This is awful. They need to have ECW taped on it's own, in it's own arenas, not after a Smackdown taping. I mean, ECW's crowd was one of its most notable attributes, and this is a WWE crowd. :( ECW is best with smaller arenas, smaller crowds.

Meh. I gotta get off this wrestling habit.

B-Low 06-14-2006 12:18 AM

Oh crap i forgot all about that tonight. So it was bad?

L.Kizzle 06-14-2006 12:28 AM

Compared to RAW last night, ECW was not that great.

-RVD gets a new belt, along with the spinner one, then Edge spears him, then Cena comes out.
-First match, some Zombi comes out (thats his name) and gets killed by Sadman in about 30 seconds.
-Next Angle whips Justin Credible.
-Next, some chick strips.
-Main event is a battle-royal to face Cena at Vengence. Sabu wins by tossing out Big Show.

Voratian 06-14-2006 12:37 AM

It...wasn't ECW. That is the jist of it.

I don't see what's wrong with taping ECW independently from Smackdown. Is it so much to ask? Christ.

Voratian 06-14-2006 12:38 AM

Another minor problem is the roster, i think they have 12 ECW wrestlers to choose from. 10/12 were in the battle royal.

HALLandOATES 06-14-2006 12:40 AM

Wow i thought it was pretty damn bad. Half these guys were at the bottom of the barrel in the wwe . Ecw really never had a huge fan base..maybe 1/4 of wwe , so i really dont know why they brought this back anyway. And yes it would be nice if the crowd got a little into it and they should tape it seperate from smackdown.

B-Low 06-14-2006 12:49 AM

They should just put it in the old ECW arena where it used to be, and have it performed like it used to be but with Vince funding it. They'd save lots of money on Arena rental anyway by just using the old bingo hall

Voratian 06-14-2006 12:51 AM

Exactly. Do it like TNA, just use one arena for it.

The Roxy 06-14-2006 01:15 AM

Should of brang back WCW instead

mika 06-14-2006 07:12 AM

This is going to last about a year, then they will use the crappy invasion plot again, whoopie.

L.Kizzle 06-14-2006 03:04 PM

They say it is actually supposed to last 12 weeks, and depending on the ratings, will get picked up.

Show last night was basically a pilot.

B-Low 06-14-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
They say it is actually supposed to last 12 weeks, and depending on the ratings, will get picked up.

Show last night was basically a pilot.

And lets not forget some of the shows that have had crappy pilots: Family Matters, Full House, Seinfeld...

So basically all ECW needs to do is add in a wacky nextdoor neighbor and they'll be around for years!

L.Kizzle 06-14-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Low
And lets not forget some of the shows that have had crappy pilots: Family Matters, Full House, Seinfeld...

So basically all ECW needs to do is add in a wacky nextdoor neighbor and they'll be around for years!

They already have a next door neighbor, WWE.

B-Low 06-14-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
They already have a next door neighbor, WWE.

Ok let me rephrase that. They need an ENTERTAINING next door neighbor :D

Voratian 06-14-2006 05:10 PM

What's funny is it'd be cheaper for the WWE to have ECW always on location at the ECW arena, no traveling fees. Of course, they'll have to bleep out a ton of stuff, and probably lose the "live" broadcast part of it, but it'd still rule.