Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Who Will Replace Dahntay?? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139089)

Pokerface 07-08-2009 11:59 PM

Who Will Replace Dahntay??

Now that Dahntay Jones has signed a four-year contract with the Pacers, according to Yahoo Sports, who will the Nuggets replace him with? Will it be Weems or perhaps Kareem Rush? I believe that Weems has lots of potential and can move into a backup SG role behind JR.

Mile High Crew 07-09-2009 01:23 PM

Re: Who Will Replace Dahntay??

I'm not sure all of you will agree with me or not, but I kinda like Matt Barnes, he can defend, and can definetly shoot the three.

Mile High Crew 07-09-2009 01:37 PM

Here's an article about Shane Battier and the Nuggets, for those who hasn't seen it in the other thread.

http://www.pickaxeandroll.com/2009/7...eiza?ref=yahoo

shortlunatic 07-09-2009 07:55 PM

I like Barnes as well, wouldnt mind seeing him in a Nuggz uni. As for the Battier deal, i kinda like it. The first round pick is a bit much, but i think for the most part, this team is ready to be a contender. We're not a very young team, and all we need to do is plug a couple holes here and there, and i think we're ready to go. The longer we wait, the more rebuilding we'll have to do as time goes on.

1~Gibson~1 07-09-2009 08:15 PM

Matt Barnes would probably fit you guys' offense well. he can adapt to just about any offense.

Pokerface 07-09-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
I'm not sure all of you will agree with me or not, but I kinda like Matt Barnes, he can defend, and can definetly shoot the three.

Yes, I do agree with you and apparently the Nuggets management also agrees, because I read somewhere that he is on their wish list. I'm not sure where I saw it, but, Barnes, Frye, and Hill were mentioned as possibilities. Barnes is a solid role player, and the Nuggets won't have to break the bank to sign him.

Check out the Orlando Summer League web page, and some of the comments on Richard Hendrix, a PF who is currently listed also on the Nuggets Summer League team. He has lots of potential, but, the Magic are watching him closely for a spot on their team.

Cggamer12 07-31-2009 01:30 AM

Glad the Pacers picked up Dahntay, but I feel like we overpaid him. Now you guys have Arron Afflalo who you got a cheaper price and a good defender.

Not too bad of a deal for you guys. All you're going to be missing is Jones' sick dunks. :oldlol:

NuggetsFan 08-02-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cggamer12
Glad the Pacers picked up Dahntay, but I feel like we overpaid him. Now you guys have Arron Afflalo who you got a cheaper price and a good defender.

Not too bad of a deal for you guys. All you're going to be missing is Jones' sick dunks. :oldlol:

I'll miss his scrappy defense and his posters :bowdown: I'm guessing Affalo will be replacing Jones tho

Geandily 08-02-2009 06:09 PM

I'm not gonna miss his 3 fouls per quarter and brick threes..

insidehoops 08-14-2009 06:18 PM

So far, no Jones replacement, which is surprising

AdditionalSucka 08-14-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
So far, no Jones replacement, which is surprising

Afflalo.

insidehoops 08-14-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdditionalSucka
Afflalo.

True. I haven't seen a lot of him, though. I've seen some nice defense here and there, but he isn't as good as Jones I don't think

AdditionalSucka 08-14-2009 09:17 PM

Yeah, he's young so it remains to be seen. Dahntay's job wasn't all too difficult though, just tough, in your face effort, and before this previous year Dahntay wasn't even known as a good defender. If Denver's staff can get him to excel, Afflalo should be able to as well. It will be nice to get a better offensive output from Afflalo, though, since he can actually shoot the ball a bit.