Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Idiot Proof Roster (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140047)

Geandily 07-16-2009 02:03 AM

Idiot Proof Roster

With the apparent departure of Kleiza imminent and the arrival of North Carolina's Ty Lawson it would now appear that the Nuggets roster is idiot proof. Afflalo will not be such a detriment to our starting 5's offensive production as Dahntay was and Ty Lawson has the mental ability to carry on Chauncey's gameplan.

It would appear that this roster and it's rotations are idiot proof but only time will tell if they are Karl proof. It is quite possible that Karl could keep Lawson on the bench and use Carter in his place, Karl could convince Nuggets Management that Kleiza is an integral part to bad defense and our ability to brick threes...

PG:Billups->Lawson->Hart

SG:Afflalo->JR->Weems

SF:Carmelo->Balkman->Afflalo

PF:K-Mart->Balkman->Sharpe

C :Nene->Birdman->Hunter/Petro

That rotation is idiot proof, but once again... is it Karl proof?

Pokerface 07-16-2009 12:52 PM

Re: Idiot Proof Roster

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geandily
With the apparent departure of Kleiza imminent and the arrival of North Carolina's Ty Lawson it would now appear that the Nuggets roster is idiot proof. Afflalo will not be such a detriment to our starting 5's offensive production as Dahntay was and Ty Lawson has the mental ability to carry on Chauncey's gameplan.

It would appear that this roster and it's rotations are idiot proof but only time will tell if they are Karl proof. It is quite possible that Karl could keep Lawson on the bench and use Carter in his place, Karl could convince Nuggets Management that Kleiza is an integral part to bad defense and our ability to brick threes...

PG:Billups->Lawson->Hart

SG:Afflalo->JR->Weems

SF:Carmelo->Balkman->Afflalo

PF:K-Mart->Balkman->Sharpe

C :Nene->Birdman->Hunter/Petro

That rotation is idiot proof, but once again... is it Karl proof?

I don't agree that this will be the Nuggets lineup. Hart will probably not be back, it's doubtful if Hunter will be healed enough to play, and Petro is also a question mark. At SG, JR will probably be the starter with Afflalo his primary backup.

I also expect that Kleiza will return and the Nuggets will bring in an experienced big man for backup to KMart and Nene, which they currently don't have. Sharpe is not the answer and he probably won't make the team.

el gringos 07-16-2009 03:41 PM

Good idea, but I don't think its as idiot(karl) proof as you do

To me to combat karl the nugs need a real nba gaurd to play behind and w billups- someone like randy foye would have been ideal- do you really want to see chauncey/lawson, chauncey/ac, and lawson/ac backcourts? The only way to keep karl from playing tiny backcourts is to not give him minature players- playing 2 smallest guys together a lot is the only consistant pattern karl has showed during his time here

Idiot proof to me would me making karl have to play all real nba sized and talented players together

This team deserved management making a run at winning it all- there has been no effort for championship peices-they think we are stupid

OneMoreSucka 07-19-2009 07:47 PM

Balkman needs a consistent jumper before he gets that much playing time. As much as I love him when he plays, those hustle points in the paint only go so far.

Triplelefthook 07-19-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Balkman needs a consistent jumper before he gets that much playing time. As much as I love him when he plays, those hustle points in the paint only go so far.

I love Balkman but i don't believe he has a place on this team - he doesn't fit. He is a small forward that can't score. He gives lots of hustle, rebounds and junk baskets which is GREAT for a bench player with his skillset if he is a PF/C. As it is he is too undersized for a team that starts Carmelo at the 3, he is in sufficient to replace Melo off the bench, and too small to fill in for Kenyon or Nene

Triplelefthook 07-20-2009 12:46 PM

So I take it you guys are not George Karl fans? I used to think he was the problem with the Nuggets, but kind of changed my opinion to thinking it was more Iverson and immature Carmelo/JR/Nene and Kenyon being an idiot.

who would be better? i think Karl is a good coach and should remain with the team

Richie2k6 07-24-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triplelefthook
So I take it you guys are not George Karl fans? I used to think he was the problem with the Nuggets, but kind of changed my opinion to thinking it was more Iverson and immature Carmelo/JR/Nene and Kenyon being an idiot.

who would be better? i think Karl is a good coach and should remain with the team

This season is Karl's last chance IMO. I've said more than my fair share of words about my opinion on Karl, but the clock is ticking for him.