Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Shaq & Dwight Howard: Courtney Lee Is Going To Be A Star (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140064)

SLY 07-16-2009 10:27 AM

Shaq & Dwight Howard: Courtney Lee Is Going To Be A Star

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/200...in-the-finals/

Quote:

“The only move that really, really shocked me was when Orlando got rid of Courtney Lee. That dude is going to be a star, I’m telling you right now… They’ve done in an excellent job building that team but Courtney Lee, that’s a star brother. Star, star, star.”

jcrudo 07-16-2009 12:35 PM

Re: Shaq: Courtney Lee Is Going To Be A Star

Hopefully it comes true. When shaq played with Kobe and Wade, he praised their talent. I think it means more since Lee is not even his teammate.

wang4three 07-16-2009 12:43 PM

Personally, I think he's trying to downplay the Magic. He obviously has not been a Dwight/SVG supporter.

Kiddlovesnets 07-19-2009 06:01 PM

Let's hope so...

SLY 07-21-2009 08:46 PM

all i gotta say about my thread is that he better be a star or i will forever hate him because whe had to give up Vince Carter for him

sublicon 07-22-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLY
all i gotta say about my thread is that he better be a star or i will forever hate him because whe had to give up Vince Carter for him

Dude, VC wanted to bounce . . and I'm positive Lee, Alston, and Battie wanted to stay in Orlando.

Hate VC, don't hate Lee.

szdavis25 07-22-2009 05:58 PM

I went to WKU and have a lot of friends who talk about how Courtney is amazing as a person and a player. I've got a strong feeling he is going to be a star! Congrats on getting him to the NETS!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

gigantes 07-22-2009 06:08 PM

- it's a business, a recession economy, and an owner trying to keep the bottom line as low as possible right now.
- we already knew that VC wasn't going to stay here through the end of his current contract.
- teams almost never get back equal value when trading their superstars. in fact, the real trade was not for lee- it was mainly just getting rid of VC's contract. more accurate is, it was anderson for lee. so no real reason for anyone to bring VC into it.

this stuff is really not that hard to comprehend- i believe a 12-yr old could do it. i do sympathise about being a nets fan this summer, because almost nothing has happened nor will happen this offseason. so it's basically just twiddle your thumbs, play your NBA console games, and get excited about summer league results which have about .1% relevance to the real season.

somebody queue up those videotapes of the road to the finals in 2002 and 2003. better yet, grab them from P2P if they're available...

AK 3K 08-11-2009 12:56 AM

Which NBA player does Lee's game resemble the most? All I know is that he can shoot pretty well and that his defense is pretty good

insidehoops 08-14-2009 10:14 PM

Lee definitely has done better things than anyone expected

I don't know what his potential is, though, when not surrounded by good teammates

Nets fan 93 08-19-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Howard: “Lee Could be an All-Star”
August 18, 2009, 7:05 am

Dwight Howard has had some nice things to say the past few days about former Magic teammates Courtney Lee and Tony Battie. Howard was close to both (closer than he was to Rafer Alston, the third player in the deal) and offered his opinions on how valuable he thinks both are. Of Lee he said, “If he continues to work hard he could be an All-Star”, adding that he needs to turn a negative into a positive.

http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=8571

Appearnatly Dight Howard does too.

SLY 08-20-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublicon
Dude, VC wanted to bounce . . and I'm positive Lee, Alston, and Battie wanted to stay in Orlando.

Hate VC, don't hate Lee.

I feel we for sure could of got better young talent than Lee in exchange for an allstar like Vince

Lebron23 08-20-2009 07:55 PM

Re: Shaq & Dwight Howard: Courtney Lee Is Going To Be A Star

Courtney Lee is a great young player.

I think he's going to be a solid role player in his prime.

18 ppg, 5 rpg, 2 apg. ( Best Statistical Season)

Nets fan 93 08-20-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublicon

Hate VC, don't hate Lee.

He did not. He was a captain and loved among the fans.

josh99 09-03-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK 3K
Which NBA player does Lee's game resemble the most? All I know is that he can shoot pretty well and that his defense is pretty good

I would say Rip Hamilton... Even right down to the face mask.