Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ps3 vs Xbox 360 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14070)

GOBB 10-16-2006 04:13 PM

Ps3 vs Xbox 360
 
Why should I get either system?
What makes one system better than the other?

I want Ps3 but most of my friends have 360 and all say get that. Most 360 players get it because of online play, atleast from people i talk to via in person and/or msgboards. I like my ps2, never was an Xbox fan. Granted playing 360 and the games on it, its way better than my ps2. I'm thinkin Ps3 is just as good if not better. Dunno why, I'm leaning towards bias. I really dont know all the full capabilities each system has which is another reasons people might buy it. Me? I wanna play some games and i figure its good as a DVD player as well. :confusedshrug:

I'd like video game heads to answer the two questions. And by answer I mean fully explain.

PMshooter 10-16-2006 04:17 PM

If you're going to get one now the 360 will be the cheaper choice, and it's a very good system. The PS3, though, probably 2 years from now is going to have games that blow the 360 out of the water. It takes the developers a while to get the hang of coding for these machines and maximizing the content they deliver (take for example that God of War came out at the end of PS2's life-cycle). So, if you were just getting one machine this generation, I'd say wait for the PS3 to get the price down a little and the really good games out.

IlliniFan 10-16-2006 04:18 PM

499 for a gaming system is too much. Go for the 360.

Carbine 10-16-2006 04:22 PM

...
 
Since the PS3 is not released to the public yet it's hard to get a straight forward answer. The XBox people will tell you to buy the 360, and the Sony people will tell you the PS3 > 360. They say that without actually playing both systems so to me? Their opinions are worthless.

Wait until the PS3 comes out & play both systems. I'm sure you have friends that will own both, go over and play them & then buy the better one in your opinion.

Although I believe the PS3' potential won't be reached until 3 or 4 years after the release date. Something to keep in mind, perhaps.

Younggrease 10-16-2006 04:22 PM

...
 
The PS3 has the blue ray DVD's while 360 has HD DVDs. Almost all production companies are set to make blue ray dvd's but only a few paramount included are making HD DVD.

Blue ray is a slightly higher quality DVD but is also more expensive than HD DVD.

PS3: better DVD player

Games= up to you. XBOX already has a year in so their games should look better at this point. The sec. generation coming out this Christmas are amazing... there is Halo, Gears of War, and then there 2k7 and MAdden(both on PS3 too) ....................ITs really a matter of preference I have alwayed disliked the feel of Playstion consoles.

Controller = 360 hands down

Also just remember you can get a 360 and a Wii for the price of the PS3.

PS3 is 500 or 600 plus you gotta pay 60 bucks for HD cables.

Tou could buy a Xbox for 300 and a Wii for 250 and have a machine for fun and the kids to go along with the 360.

I pre ordered a PS3 at a gamestop my uncles friend works at. Im gonna sell it on ebay after they sell up in like 2 minutes. Ill use the profits to buy a Wii and mad games.

MaxFly 10-16-2006 04:23 PM

360 will have HALO 3... keep that in mind when you make your purchase...

geeWiz15 10-16-2006 04:24 PM

Depends.

Would you rather spend: 400 dollars, or 600 dollars
Would you rather have your system: now, or in November?

Really tough decision :rollingeyes:

Listen. A bunch of people are going to come in here and give you a bunch of bull**** about how PS3 is more powerful and has more technology in it than the Hydrogen Bomb. IT'S BULL****. As much technology that is going into this thing, you WILL NOT notice a difference between it and 360 unless you are specifically STUDYING with a MICROSCOPE. the difference is 200 dollars.

And when is the last time Sony has released something that didn't have problems in the first wave of releases?

Also. Most people have a 360 already. the only people who are waiting for PS3 are rich asian game nerds. There will be more people playing online 360 for stuff like Madden and 2k7 than there will be for PS3. If you like Final Fantasy, go ahead and knock yourself with the PS3 but Xbox has long been the best platform for sports games both gameplay wise and online play.

HALLandOATES 10-16-2006 04:25 PM

I think you should get which ever one you've been with, thats what most people do. But i'd say Ps3 really because it's faster loading and much faster overall and i mean alot because it has so many processors, like twice as many as the Xbox360,and can handle much more complexed things(graphics, movements ect..) Dual screened if you want to. The games should be alot better then the ones on XBOX360. Twice as much memory card for memory cards for PS3 but thats not really a big deal a guess since you wont come close to using it all.

Younggrease 10-16-2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
I think you should get which ever one you've been with, thats what most people do. But i'd say Ps3 really because it's faster loading and much faster overall and i mean alot because it has so many processors, like twice as many as the Xbox360,and can handle much more complexed things(graphics, movements ect..) Dual screened if you want to. The games should be alot better then the ones on XBOX360. Twice as much memory card for memory cards for PS3 but thats not really a big deal a guess since you wont come close to using it all.


It will take time for them to use all the extra processors.... just like it is taking time with the 360. Also the difference isnt that big..

XBOX has HALO 3
Wii has MArio
What does Playstation have that i would want???? they can keep Grand Turismo and Final Fantasy

HALLandOATES 10-16-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Depends.

Would you rather spend: 400 dollars, or 600 dollars
Would you rather have your system: now, or in November?

Really tough decision :rollingeyes:

Listen. A bunch of people are going to come in here and give you a bunch of bull**** about how PS3 is more powerful and has more technology in it than the Hydrogen Bomb. IT'S BULL****. As much technology that is going into this thing, you WILL NOT notice a difference between it and 360 unless you are specifically STUDYING with a MICROSCOPE. the difference is 200 dollars.

And when is the last time Sony has released something that didn't have problems in the first wave of releases?

Also. Most people have a 360 already. the only people who are waiting for PS3 are rich asian game nerds. There will be more people playing online 360 for stuff like Madden and 2k7 than there will be for PS3. If you like Final Fantasy, go ahead and knock yourself with the PS3 but Xbox has long been the best platform for sports games both gameplay wise and online play.

Yes you will , Ps3 is better in so many aspects, don't downplay it just because you love your Xbox360. I'm getting Ps3 and i'm not a jap with money, it's only $200 more, i make that in two days, no big deal and shouldn't be for alot of people.

PMshooter 10-16-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
As much technology that is going into this thing, you WILL NOT notice a difference between it and 360 unless you are specifically STUDYING with a MICROSCOPE. the difference is 200 dollars.


What is this based on? It's like saying there's no graphics difference between the PS2 and the Xbox. The Xbox has the superior hardware and it shows. The PS3 has superior hardware to the 360, and in terms of graphics, it will show, too. But graphics doesn't make a game good.

HALLandOATES 10-16-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
It will take time for them to use all the extra processors.... just like it is taking time with the 360. Also the difference isnt that big..

XBOX has HALO 3
Wii has MArio
What does Playstation have that i would want???? they can keep Grand Turismo and Final Fantasy

Socom and Final Fantasy is second in online play behind Halo. GTA?? is that coming out for 360 right away???probaly not

Younggrease 10-16-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Yes you will , Ps3 is better in so many aspects, don't downplay it just because you love your Xbox360. I'm getting Ps3 and i'm not a jap with money, it's only $200 more, i make that in two days, no big deal and shouldn't be for alot of people.


the games also run 80 dollars a game. Plus it doesnt come with HD cables which set you back 60 more dollars.

Im getting as many PS3's as I can just so I can rip off, i mean sell as best i can on ebay. My parents are actually letting me use their credit card to buy up to 3 PS3's for re sale.

PMshooter 10-16-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
My parents are actually letting me use their credit card to buy up to 3 PS3's for re sale.


LOL! My parents . . .

raiderfan19 10-16-2006 04:34 PM

If you think the PS2 is better than the XBOX i dont know what to tell you because XBOX is better and its not that close.

That said, generally the second system to come out in each gen is the best so i think the PS3 might be better... I would probably go with the 360 but i dont really feel like wasting that much money for either right now...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy