Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Orlando Magic Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Are Magic better now than last season or worse? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142472)

insidehoops 08-06-2009 02:02 AM

Are Magic better now than last season or worse?

Vince Carter in at SG, Rashard Lewis probably over to SF, Brandon Bass at PF, some bench changes.... Will the Magic be better next season or worse, and why?

josh99 08-06-2009 03:34 AM

Re: Are Magic better now than last season or worse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Vince Carter in at SG, Rashard Lewis probably over to SF, Brandon Bass at PF, some bench changes.... Will the Magic be better next season or worse, and why?

Thanks for cleaning up this forum....

First of all I doubt Shard will be moving over to SF. Pietrus or Barnes will probably be starting at SF instead.

Quick recap of our off-season.
Out:
Hedo Turkoglu
Courtney Lee
Rafer Alston
Tony Battie

In:
Vince Carter
Brandon Bass
Matt Barnes
Ryan Anderson

Our PG position improves as we get Jameer back from injury to replace Alston. Our perimeter defense got worse by losing Hedo (he got a DPOY vote!) and Courtney Lee but our offense gets better with Vince being able to create his own shot and Bass, Barnes, and Anderson are no slouches offensively either. Our bench got deeper replacing Battie with Bass and adding Anderson.

Overall I think we got better but a little worse defensively.

k-vil 08-06-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops

Imo, the Magic will be better this season.
1. VC will take out the pressure in Dwight
2. Bass is a big help inside
3. Barnes is great scorer and defender of the bench

josh99 08-06-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-vil
Imo, the Magic will be better this season.
1. VC will take out the pressure in Dwight
2. Bass is a big help inside
3. Barnes is great scorer and defender of the bench

2. Plus a great mid-range game.
3. That is if he comes of the bench... nothing is certain at this point.

MrUnstopable 08-06-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh99
2. Plus a great mid-range game.
3. That is if he comes of the bench... nothing is certain at this point.

Finally the stickys are gone!! But yea I don't know how SVG is gonna do it but he is great with rotations...

Maniak 08-08-2009 10:02 PM

I think the Magic are better. Yes they lost Lee and Turkeyglue, but they added some GREAT roleplayers, and Vince who is better than Turkey.

Hopefully Nelson will be at 100% all season, they really need him. I like their chances at a title this coming year.

goldenryan 08-14-2009 09:23 PM

better, but so are cavs and celtics. i think they will come out of the east again this year.

frmsea2okc 08-20-2009 07:00 PM

i think they're much better. its all relative though, the whole conference got better it seems. i like they're lineup better than almost any aside from la.
nelson/j. williams
vincanity/pietrus
lewis/barnes
bass/anderson
howard/gortat
damn! i wouldnt be surprised if a role player from orl wins 6th man.:hammertime:

Huey Freeman 08-20-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frmsea2okc
i think they're much better. its all relative though, the whole conference got better it seems. i like they're lineup better than almost any aside from la.
nelson/j. williams
vincanity/pietrus
lewis/barnes
bass/anderson
howard/gortat
damn! i wouldnt be surprised if a role player from orl wins 6th man.:hammertime:

When Lewis gets back from his suspension, I'm pretty sure he'll be starting at the 4, not the 3.