Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I'm so crazy about Tyreke Evans!!! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142564)

The Joker 08-06-2009 10:35 PM

I'm so crazy about Tyreke Evans!!!

For some reason I'm so hyped about Tyreke Evans just like I was last year about Derrick Rose. I mean I think Tyreke will be a great player for you guys and I hope you have a great season. He will definitely contribute immediately and I would not be surprised if he wins ROY.

Besides you guys have a nice young core in Martin, Hawes, Thompson and now Evans. :cheers:

I'll most likely be checking up on the Kings forum more often now. (Not a bandwagoner just a sad Knicks fan) :oldlol:

GreatGreg 08-06-2009 10:42 PM

Re: I'm so crazy about Tyreke Evans!!!

What's the starting lineup going to be? Something like

PG- Tyreke Evans
SG- Kevin Martin
C- Spencer Hawes
SF- Nocioni/Casspi?
PF- Jason Thompson

That is a pretty underrated lineup that could do some damage with the right pieces in the next five years. I'm really looking forward to this team.

The Joker 08-06-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGreg
What's the starting lineup going to be?

C- Hawes
PF- Thompson
SF- I'm not sure here you can try making something out of Greene, or put an experienced Nocioni or go with Garcia
SG- Martin
PG- Evans

sak 08-08-2009 06:50 PM

pg-Udrih
sg-Martin
c-Hawes
sf-NOC
pf-Thompson

Evens wont start at the begining of the season. maybe by the end. hes better then Udrih but he will be good coming in behind him and martain. And NOC will start even though i dont know why we ever got this guy. casspi will see very little playing time i would guess. enless we play some small ball and move NOC to PF part time. and i wouldnt put that past this coach to try that. i would like to that really but then we still have noone to FRIGGIN REBOUND!!! :confusedshrug: I am excited about this season though. like i have said before. There are gonna be some big moves by the mid season deadline. Martain might be movable. KT has a nice expiring contract and the cap has gone down so that looks real nice to some teams. Cant wait to see. :)

The Joker 08-08-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sak
pg-Udrih
sg-Martin
c-Hawes
sf-NOC
pf-Thompson

Evens wont start at the begining of the season. maybe by the end. hes better then Udrih but he will be good coming in behind him and martain. And NOC will start even though i dont know why we ever got this guy. casspi will see very little playing time i would guess. enless we play some small ball and move NOC to PF part time. and i wouldnt put that past this coach to try that. i would like to that really but then we still have noone to FRIGGIN REBOUND!!! :confusedshrug: I am excited about this season though. like i have said before. There are gonna be some big moves by the mid season deadline. Martain might be movable. KT has a nice expiring contract and the cap has gone down so that looks real nice to some teams. Cant wait to see. :)

Can I ask why do you have Evans coming off the bench? Really the Kings have nothing to lose with Evans, the more you let him play the better it will turn out for the Kings. Besides, he's a terrific rebounder and like you said Kings need that. What do you guys think about a potential line up like this throughout the game at some point
C- Hawes
PF- Thompson
SF- Martin
SG- Evans
PG- Rodriguez

yungtyrekeevans 08-09-2009 01:02 PM

martin needs to learn his place. on the bench backing up tyreke. we need to trade him yo! get us a big man or somethin.

tyreke should be playin his nat position which is sg mayne. not pg. trade martin!

The Joker 08-11-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yungtyrekeevans
martin needs to learn his place. on the bench backing up tyreke. we need to trade him yo! get us a big man or somethin.

tyreke should be playin his nat position which is sg mayne. not pg. trade martin!

I don't know. Martin and Evans would make a big backcourt which can cause a lot of trouble for ANY team in the NBA.
T. Evans PG 6'6"
K. Martin SG 6'7"

Good luck with guarding these two.

insidehoops 08-14-2009 07:48 PM

Tyreke Evans seems like he'll be one of the select few rookies with a shot at starting right away

Maniak 08-15-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Tyreke Evans seems like he'll be one of the select few rookies with a shot at starting right away

Who do you think they others are, Jeff?

Toni 08-19-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
Who do you think they others are, Jeff?

I think the only others are Griffin and Harden.

EDIT= I heard DeRozan may start the games for the Raptors and remain on the floor for about 10 mins or so. But nobody really knows for sure yet.

sak 08-19-2009 10:56 PM

I think evens will come off the bench because martin wont and udrih is still the vet that has the pg control aspect that evens doesnt have yet. Thats the only reason. but depending on how fast he develops into a floor leader will determen when he starts. just wont be right away. but being able to back up udrih and martin at the 1 or 2 spots he will see plunty of playing time. 20+ min a game. and yes. hopfully ROY.

either udrih or martin will be moved sometime soon.

bonez26 08-20-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Joker
I don't know. Martin and Evans would make a big backcourt which can cause a lot of trouble for ANY team in the NBA.
T. Evans PG 6'6"
K. Martin SG 6'7"

Good luck with guarding these two.

If you watched Evans at Memphis they origionally had him starting the two guard and came out with mixed results. As soon as they moved him to PG they didn't lose the rest of the year until the tournament. Needs the ball in his hands otherwise he's being used incorrectly. He'll be a PG in the NBA not a SG. JMO though. They'd make a great back court with a lot of length. Really like what Sactown has down while rebuilding their team.

The Joker 08-21-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonez26
If you watched Evans at Memphis they origionally had him starting the two guard and came out with mixed results. As soon as they moved him to PG they didn't lose the rest of the year until the tournament. Needs the ball in his hands otherwise he's being used incorrectly. He'll be a PG in the NBA not a SG. JMO though. They'd make a great back court with a lot of length. Really like what Sactown has down while rebuilding their team.

Yea I agree I'm all for Evans as PG. I'm the one always arguing with people that's he's gonna be a PG and a very good one too.

The Joker 08-21-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni
I think the only others are Griffin and Harden.

EDIT= I heard DeRozan may start the games for the Raptors and remain on the floor for about 10 mins or so. But nobody really knows for sure yet.

I'm pretty sure Flynn and Jennings will start as well.

That gives us Harden, Griffin, Evans, Jennings, Flynn.

I doubt that Curry or Thabeet will start.

Hill might start depending on what happens with Lee. I'm not sure about Derozan, Raptors aren't really that stacked with decent 2's but he possibly might start as the season goes on and I think same goes for Williams.

Toni 08-23-2009 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Joker
I'm pretty sure Flynn and Jennings will start as well.

Yeah for sure totally missed those two. If Lee doesn't resign with NY Hill will for sure start as well totally agree.