Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next?? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143480)

Pokerface 08-14-2009 06:50 PM

Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
Now that the Nuggets have re-signed Anthony Carter, who will they sign to fill the final two spots on the roster? There have been discussions about either Wally Szczerviak, or Coby Karl for the SF/SG position and Johan Petro or Aaron Gray, at the PF/C position.

Would this do it for them, or should they keep looking for someone else? How about C. J. Giles, Ron Dupree, or C. Simmons from their Summer League roster? How about a trade of one of their TPE with the Nets for S. Williams?

insidehoops 08-14-2009 07:18 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
I have no idea how Carter has been in the NBA for so long

Agent_Zero 08-14-2009 07:49 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
Nuggets should really go hard after Wally. Being an attacking team, a strict shooter like Wally World would be invaluable to them and would easily replace Kleiza.

crounsa810 08-14-2009 07:57 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
Idk, but I do know that I would like Aaron Gray. He grew up around me, and it would be nice to root for him again.

goldenryan 08-14-2009 09:44 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
wally would be a good fit, only has to play about 10 minutes a game.

insidehoops 08-14-2009 09:50 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenryan
wally would be a good fit, only has to play about 10 minutes a game.


Good call

el gringos 08-18-2009 05:39 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
How can anyone explain this? Where is the "trust me guys, the nuggets front office knows what they're doing"?

You can't sign ac, because you know your hc overvalues him so much that it hurts your team

By the end of the year and in the playoffs karl will be able to or maybe forced into playing his son as a rptation player

Pokerface 08-18-2009 07:34 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
How can anyone explain this? Where is the "trust me guys, the nuggets front office knows what they're doing"? .....

By the end of the year and in the playoffs karl will be able to or maybe forced into playing his son as a rptation player


Well, they haven't signed his son Coby, yet. Rumor has it that they are interested in Wally Szcz. and R. McCants. If they sign these two, that will make it highly unlikely that they will sign Coby. I hope they save a few bucks to sign a big C/PF as backup.

MeLO MvP 15 08-18-2009 08:00 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
with the rumors of mccants and wall-e i dnt think coby karl will make the team....
personally i think we should sign mccants, wall-e, and petro then use our TPE for a major player by nov 3...

el gringos 08-19-2009 12:48 AM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokerface
Well, they haven't signed his son Coby, yet. Rumor has it that they are interested in Wally Szcz. and R. McCants. If they sign these two, that will make it highly unlikely that they will sign Coby. I hope they save a few bucks to sign a big C/PF as backup.


Mccants might be a good fit- if he plays defense and learns from chauncey he would be the 6th man and could do really good for his career-he's that talented

Their must be something wrong w petro or w his size/athletisism and his probable cheapness he should already be brought back

They should have still saved a spot for an outside 4-nachbar, hermann

KRAYZIE 08-19-2009 02:43 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
I have no idea how Carter has been in the NBA for so long


Here's an article about AC that I agree 100% with.

http://www.nuggdoctor.com/2009062918...ny-carter.html
Quote:

Player Report Card: Anthony Carter
Written by Nick Sclafani



The first series of posts I will be publishing are 2008-09 Player Report Cards. These report cards will be in alphabetical order by first name. Todayís offering is back up point guard Anthony Carter.

Anthony Carterís contributions last season can best summed up with one word: Unsung. After starting a career-high 67 games in the 2007-08 season while putting up career-high numbers in points, assists, and minutes per game played. AC went back to the bench in 2008-09 for 73 of his 78 appearances. And while some might think that was step back for the ten-year veteran, Iím going to go out on a limb right now and say that although all his numbers dipped in 08-09 from the season prior it was this past season which was Carterís finest to date.

The reason for Carterís return to the bench was the Denver Nuggets being able to land Chauncey Billups after a trade with the Detroit Pistons sent Allen Iverson packing just a handful of games into the season. Nevertheless, Carter was a steady offensive facilitator, pesky defender, and great teammate in every minute he played. Additionally, not many people know that Anthony Carter was the NBAís second highest assist man for point guards who primarily came off the bench last season. Carter handed out an average of 4.6 assists this season in 73 games off of George Karlís bench which was second best to only Earl Watson of Oklahoma City who averaged 5.6 dimes per game of the bench, respectively.

But whatís so much more telling about Carterís contribution than his averages of 5.3 points, 4.7 assists, and 2.6 rebounds this season was they way he was able to get the Nuggets playing fluid team basketball. When Carter would enter a game, more often than not, the basketball would turn into a hot potato and the Nuggets would get easy baskets off of the extra pass that usually started with AC. You see, basketball is a funny sport. We always talk about how this or that guy can do so much individually, but we rarely spend the same amount of time appreciating players whose play does so much more for everyone else. And while Anthony Carter will never make an All-Star team or sell a sneaker, heís one of the players in this league that plays to make the extra pass, dives on the floor for loose balls, and takes charges because it was included in the job description.

Carterís season highlights included a 20-point scoring performance in an early season loss to the Lakers, six games of double-digit assists, and eleven games with three or more steals.

But the future for Anthony Carter in Denver looks bleak to say the least. Carter is an unrestricted free agent this summer on a team with more pressing personnel to secure money for and the Nuggets already traded the Minnesota Timberwolves a future first round draft pick for rookie point guard Ty Lawson from the University of North Carolina.

Could the writing already be on the wall?

If so, and Anthony Carter did play his last game for the Nuggets in 2009 let me be the first to stand up and applaud his efforts while in Denver with a B- for last seasonís campaign. Anthony Carter definitely had a great season backing up Chauncey Billups and at a mere $797,581 in salary was worth every penny.
:applause:
Underrated and vastly underappreciated IMO, especially when considering his price tag. I'm glad we re-signed him.

kurple 08-21-2009 10:03 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
Jeff is right, AC doesn't belong in the NBA. He's an OK roleplayer, but not a 15-20mpg player.

To the guy who said McCants is a good fit. WTF? How is he a good fit? He is 6'4, we don't need any PG's or SG's, we need a SF to hit open shots at a high % (Wally or Novak is perfect) And a banger down low (Aaron Gray is perfect).

An insider at another forum also said Nuggets had an verbal agreement with joe smith for the min, but GK called his agent and said that he didn't think he could find any PT for Joe... Witch means.... Malik Allen is the new GK pet.... **** ME!

CB - Ty - AC
AA - JR - Wally
Melo - Wally - Balk
KMart - Bird - Allen
Nene - Gray - Bird

That team got it all, much better shooting, enough scoring options, better defense and much better rebounding.. a perfectly balanced roster.

el gringos 08-22-2009 02:48 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurple
Jeff is right, AC doesn't belong in the NBA. He's an OK roleplayer, but not a 15-20mpg player.

To the guy who said McCants is a good fit. WTF? How is he a good fit? He is 6'4, we don't need any PG's or SG's, we need a SF to hit open shots at a high % (Wally or Novak is perfect) And a banger down low (Aaron Gray is perfect).

An insider at another forum also said Nuggets had an verbal agreement with joe smith for the min, but GK called his agent and said that he didn't think he could find any PT for Joe... Witch means.... Malik Allen is the new GK pet.... **** ME!

CB - Ty - AC
AA - JR - Wally
Melo - Wally - Balk
KMart - Bird - Allen
Nene - Gray - Bird

That team got it all, much better shooting, enough scoring options, better defense and much better rebounding.. a perfectly balanced roster.


We just have a huge difference in talent evaluation- I think that you really overrate lawson and ac as well as maybe afflalo and gray

I think mccants is worth a shot because of still being weak at gaurd- he is way better than lawson or ac- could bring so many more things to the table than the other 2 if he will defend and can handle- like a shannon brown type pg for the lakers, exept better-he could learn so much from chauncey- the rotation needs a gaurd still

Gray would be better than petro w the ball, but he is so slow that I'd almost rather have petro than him just because the team is slowing down too much (-kleiza and jones + bringing a really slow in) the switching defense that the team plays imo means petro is a better system defender here than gray because of his ability to cover p+r and switch/move

Who besides jr could come off the bench and create their own offense?

Who covers the other teams pg's besides chauncey? To me covering gaurds was the biggest loss w jones

Why do you think we need a sf that can shoot 3's instead of a pf that can shoot them?

Trade for travis outlaw if nachbar and hermann are too expensive as fa's

kurple 08-23-2009 10:07 AM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
We just have a huge difference in talent evaluation- I think that you really overrate lawson and ac as well as maybe afflalo and gray

I think mccants is worth a shot because of still being weak at gaurd- he is way better than lawson or ac- could bring so many more things to the table than the other 2 if he will defend and can handle- like a shannon brown type pg for the lakers, exept better-he could learn so much from chauncey- the rotation needs a gaurd still

Gray would be better than petro w the ball, but he is so slow that I'd almost rather have petro than him just because the team is slowing down too much (-kleiza and jones + bringing a really slow in) the switching defense that the team plays imo means petro is a better system defender here than gray because of his ability to cover p+r and switch/move

Who besides jr could come off the bench and create their own offense?

Who covers the other teams pg's besides chauncey? To me covering gaurds was the biggest loss w jones

Why do you think we need a sf that can shoot 3's instead of a pf that can shoot them?

Trade for travis outlaw if nachbar and hermann are too expensive as fa's


I hate the no scoring off the bench bull****.. You know you don't have to sub all the 5 starter at the same time... Keep 2+ out of CB, Melo, Nene & JR on the floor through the entire game and we are fine.

Gray can rebound and play D, while being a post player to help our shooters.

Wally can shoot to spread the floor for our main guys.

Outlaw is a terrible defender, please no outlaw.

again.. We don't need any more scoring options.... I'm not gonna start the whole we didn't loose anything when LK went to europe thing, but i might later.

paguy1955 08-27-2009 05:28 PM

Re: Nuggets Re-Sign A. C., Who's Next??
 
:wtf: Well here's your anwer:



Nuggets re-sign center Petro:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy