Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   How bout that bench (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14396)

turdfurgeson 10-19-2006 03:47 PM

How bout that bench

Last night against the T-Wolves everyone stepped up.
Blalock looked like a great drive and dish point guard, Maxiell continues to look like a solid player, and Amir Johnson showed some great defense.

I always thought Amir's downfall would be his lack of a jumpshot, but if he plays D like this, he could eventually be a solid piece to this team.

Gotta love Nazr contuing his scoring as well.
I know its just the preseason, but it was fun to see.

I'm excited to see this team once the regular season starts!

final.wrath 10-19-2006 05:13 PM

dont forget about flip murray. the guy could start on another team. he has an outside shot, and he can break you down off the dribble. great pickup.

aj has a bit of a j doesnt he? i saw it in the highlights of the bucks game last year when we didnt start our starters. did you see those two blocks in 30 seconds? awesome.

maxiel is the real deal. blocks, steals, slams, drawing the foul. wow. should play some major minute soff the bench this season.

our bench is sooo much improved over last year. if delfino can get going we have one of the top benches in the league. which we might already actually.

Crazy Style 10-20-2006 01:08 PM

The Bulls bench is argueably the best bench in the NBA.

final.wrath 10-20-2006 05:25 PM

i dont know. you have deng, duhon, thabo, thomas...

compared to mcdyess, flip murray, maxiel, hunter...

pretty even. mcdyess and flip are proven starters... maxiel is as least as good as thomas too.

04mzwach 10-22-2006 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by final.wrath
i dont know. you have deng, duhon, thabo, thomas...

compared to mcdyess, flip murray, maxiel, hunter...

pretty even. mcdyess and flip are proven starters... maxiel is as least as good as thomas too.

Hunter is a PIMP!

final.wrath 10-22-2006 05:40 PM

yeah. one of the best defensive PG's in the league IMO. i like when he stripped lebron in the final seconds of a close game in that cavs series last year. he can also knock down the three pretty well.

after this season he'll be going to the front office if I'm not mistaken.

William Orton 11-03-2006 05:45 PM

I say Detroit is my favorite team but they need Big Ben back even though they have all of these great players. Big Ben helped there defense a lot.

embersyc 11-04-2006 11:25 PM

The Bench has been playing great even in the regular season now.

Flip Murray is a much better passer and defender than I ever gave him credit for.

Delfino is starting to come around finally.

Maxiell is just a beast.

It is nice to be able to go ten deep again.

guacomole 11-05-2006 02:10 AM

They are a solid team on d without ben, they've got prince and sheed can get the boards and block, they just need to get used to his presence not being there, and he brought no offensive help at all. Ben was a big help but we are still contenders

pistonsfan22 11-05-2006 09:32 PM

we definitely have a good bench. delfino has been on fire lately.

wally_world 11-12-2006 12:42 AM

suprisingly, the Suns have a pretty decent bench as well...

PG-Banks
SG-Barbosa/Bell + Ju Jones + Piatkowski
SF-Jalen Rose + James Jones
PF-Pat Burke + Amare
C-Kurt Thomas/Amare