Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Magic sign PG Jason Williams (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144017)

insidehoops 08-19-2009 04:04 PM

Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard Jason Williams, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed. We’ll post contract info later today. We’re guessing it’s a very short deal for the league minimum or something close.

“Jason (Williams) provides depth and leadership to our backcourt,” said Smith. “He is a veteran point guard that knows what it takes to help us reach our ultimate goal. We are excited to add him to our team.”

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4711

ProfessorMurder 08-19-2009 04:05 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard Jason Williams, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed. We’ll post contract info later today. We’re guessing it’s a very short deal for the league minimum or something close.

“Jason (Williams) provides depth and leadership to our backcourt,” said Smith. “He is a veteran point guard that knows what it takes to help us reach our ultimate goal. We are excited to add him to our team.”

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4711


So are they keeping Anthony Johnson then too?

Dr. Hoopenstein 08-19-2009 04:06 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
This move gets the Gas Face from me.

HylianNightmare 08-19-2009 04:09 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ben Jordan 08-19-2009 04:11 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
Cool, I'll be rooting for White Chocolate in the playoffs. :cheers:

bonez26 08-19-2009 04:11 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
Wonder how he'll look after being out of the league for 2 yrs. No comment till I see him play.

dr8ked 08-19-2009 05:12 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jordan
Cool, I'll be rooting for White Chocolate in the playoffs. :cheers:





:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Nets fan 93 08-19-2009 05:16 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
Magic are Deep... :eek:

IInvented 08-19-2009 05:18 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
why the fuck is everyone comin back

1~Gibson~1 08-19-2009 05:18 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
i hope he does the flashy elbow pass again :pimp:

Rake2204 08-19-2009 05:31 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
I thought Williams was returning with the New York Knicks. I am presuming he merely had a workout for New York?

ProfessorMurder 08-19-2009 05:33 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
i hope he does the flashy elbow pass again :pimp:


I about sh*t my pants the first time I saw him do that. The next day I went out and did it in my practice scrimmage. I love to bust it out when I play.

DCL 08-19-2009 05:34 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IInvented
why the fuck is everyone comin back


you're from green bay, and you have to ask that question? :oldlol:

JG000 08-19-2009 05:36 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
Awesome. I actually predicted he'd sign with Orlando in February.

G-train 08-19-2009 07:32 PM

Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams
 
Strange signing.
Before he signed with the Clippers (and subsequently retired), his previous years play at Miami was really bad. He had lost 3 steps of pace, his shot selection was not good,his shot percentages were terrible (38%) and his defense was well below par. He was injury prone for the last 3 years too. He really was a finshed player with not much to give anymore except experience.
There was zero flash to his game as well in that final year, unless you call pulling up for 3's on 3 on 2 breaks flashy. And only hitting about 25% of those.
And will be 34 during the season. You would think there were better options out there than him.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy