Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Iverson, Flip Murray, Tinsley, & Kinsey all options (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144096)

Mississippi 08-20-2009 11:19 AM

Iverson, Flip Murray, Tinsley, & Kinsey all options

Quote:

Griz owner Michael Heisley believed Williams, who played four seasons for Memphis upon the team's arrival in 2001, could add scoring and leadership off the bench. Memphis still is in search of those qualities. Wallace said the team is leaving no stone unturned, and didn't rule out the possibility of re-entering the Allen Iverson sweepstakes even though the former MVP didn't list Memphis as a destination on his recent Twitter entry. "That doesn't mean anything to me," Wallace said. "Until a guy signs, it is open season. ... But we're not in any hurry. We have interest in several players."

Jason Williams' decision to spurn Memphis and sign a contract with Orlando compelled the Grizzlies to shift their focus Wednesday toward a different caliber of free-agent guards. The Griz have expressed interest in Ronald "Flip" Murray, Jamaal Tinsley and Tarence Kinsey, believing they could come to terms with one of those veteran players soon. Murray, an unrestricted free agent, averaged 12.2 points with Atlanta last season and is a combo guard best known for his scoring ability.

Kebab I know you'd love to have TK back. I wouldn't mind adding Murray though. He can score.

Kebab Stall 08-20-2009 11:50 AM

Re: Iverson, Flip Murray, Tinsley, & Kinsey all options

I would die from being over joyed if the FO was somehow able to get Kinsey back on Beale Street. I was more pissed off when Memphis let Kinsey go, then I was when they let Pau go.

Kinsey will bring plenty to the team. Since he's not going to be getting major minutes, his production is going to be solid. He's great in short bursts. He provides a ton of energy off the bench. He, along with likes of Carroll and Arthur would bring an absolute crap load of energy off the bench and would be nothing short of fun as hell to watch.

jailer 08-20-2009 10:46 PM

I would rather have tinsley or "flip" over kinsey.

gasolina 08-21-2009 03:09 PM

If we get Kinsey, then the very sparse minutes of Young and Carroll will be reduce to nil.

But still, its better than having Marko jaric as your 5th swingman in the rotation

jailer 08-22-2009 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina
If we get Kinsey, then the very sparse minutes of Young and Carroll will be reduce to nil.

But still, its better than having Marko jaric as your 5th swingman in the rotation

Even if we dont get kinsey or one of the other guys, I wouldnt want jaric playing.

BigSims2108 08-22-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
Even if we dont get kinsey or one of the other guys, I wouldnt want jaric playing.

I don't understand why we can't just buy out Jaric. He probably plays the least, but at the same time, we paid him the most last season I believe.

catzhernandez 08-23-2009 01:34 AM

For the love of god, take Tinsley.

jailer 08-23-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
For the love of god, take Tinsley.

Tinsley would be cool hes just injury prone.

gasolina 08-24-2009 11:44 AM

Did anything happen to Tinsely right after the brawl? It seemed he was dropping 20+ assists on games as a rookie and then the last time I saw him play he was chucking it. He really looked like Antoine Walker in his last games with Indiana.

Remembering him made me miss Mark jackson the player (not the dumbass commentator). He was awesome until Scottie Pippen shut him down.

jailer 08-24-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina
Did anything happen to Tinsely right after the brawl? It seemed he was dropping 20+ assists on games as a rookie and then the last time I saw him play he was chucking it. He really looked like Antoine Walker in his last games with Indiana.

Remembering him made me miss Mark jackson the player (not the dumbass commentator). He was awesome until Scottie Pippen shut him down.

I think after he got his big contract he just stopped putting in the necesary work to keep up his good play. He became out of shape and a bit of a head case. Hopefully he has gotten over all of that stuff and is ready to get basketball.

Mississippi 08-25-2009 01:15 PM

Kinsey signed in Europe.

Kebab Stall 08-25-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mississippi
Kinsey signed in Europe.

Again? This is the second time he's done this.

jailer 08-26-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Again? This is the second time he's done this.

It might be. But im sure he has loop holes in his contract. Like he is able to pay an ammount to get out of his contract in order to play in the nba again.

Interminator 08-26-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
It might be. But im sure he has loop holes in his contract. Like he is able to pay an ammount to get out of his contract in order to play in the nba again.

Or he just goes overseas to build his stock back up to get a contract in the NBA the following offseason.

You cant really build your stock sitting on the bench 47 MPG whiping off LeBron's sweat.

Interminator 08-26-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSims2108
I don't understand why we can't just buy out Jaric. He probably plays the least, but at the same time, we paid him the most last season I believe.

Our owner is cheap.

Instead of just buying out his contract and taking the hit, he'd rather move him as a 1 year expirer.

Its not like buying him out would do anything for us, we'd just free up a roster spot that we wouldnt spend money in the Free Agent market to fill.