Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Zach Randolph summer workout (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145936)

jailer 09-06-2009 06:16 PM

Zach Randolph summer workout

This video was on nba.com, he looks like he is taking this serious.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/grizz...902.grizzlies/

Kebab Stall 09-07-2009 05:29 AM

Re: Zach Randolph summer workout

Yeah, I seen this the other day, I was impressed. If he's willing to take this serious and work hard, then he could work out well for us.

jailer 09-07-2009 04:22 PM

Yeah im really hoping everthing that I have read and seen on him this offseason translates on the court.

Kebab Stall 09-07-2009 04:32 PM

If he comes in with the attitude that he showed in the video, then I'll happy to be proved wrong. If he shows that he's not all about stats and is going to help the team, then I think things won't be as bad as I originally thought.

He mentioned in the video that he's happy to be playing with a young and talent group of guys, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but maybe he realises that he's not going to be as relied upon as he often is.

brandonislegend 09-08-2009 05:55 AM

He gets alot of hate, but he is a solid player.

NY-Knicks 09-08-2009 03:39 PM

solid player, but he really needs to start passing the ball and his defense is non existent.

jailer 09-08-2009 04:12 PM

I dont mind him being a little assertive on the court. But I dont want him dominating all of the shots.

ZeN 09-17-2009 05:27 AM

Something I learned from watching him last season with the Clippers is that he can rebound like crazy, and he is able to make the most unopportune shots..

At the very least he is able to contribute enought to take a bit of pressure off of the Grizz's big men..

jailer 09-18-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeN
Something I learned from watching him last season with the Clippers is that he can rebound like crazy, and he is able to make the most unopportune shots..

At the very least he is able to contribute enought to take a bit of pressure off of the Grizz's big men..

True

qrich 09-21-2009 02:47 AM

Zach is very underrated due to the amount of hate he receives. I haven't watched the video yet, and don't need to tell you guys that this guy gives it out all on the court. I mean, he has zero athleticism compared to premier fours in the league like Amare, and even Gasol, but he still puts up a solid 20/10. He can score in a variety of ways (back to the bucket, facing up jumper, taking man off the dribble and can even knock down treys!!), which makes him a huge threat for the opposing squad. He also works his ass off for the rebounds, and is quite successful.

On the defensive end, he isn't good, but this is not due to a lack of effort, but due to a lack of talent and athleticism. He simply doesn't have the lateral quickness to be a good defender, but he still is solid.

I mean, yes, the guy is a blackhole sometimes, but that is due to his confidence and he gets a lot of his hate because he has always been on shitty teams. Hopefully the Grizzlies can turn this around by next season and people stop hating on Randolph due to his undeserved rep from the "Jailblazer" days.

ZeN 10-02-2009 03:18 PM

He should be even more effective now that he has arrived in training camp 15 pounds lighter..

I hope he can stay healthy enough to contribute, it will be interesting how good the Grizz do if he stuffs the stats..

Maniak 10-03-2009 11:18 AM

Hopefully, just hopefully he can take a more minor role and help this Grizzlies team. I'd love to see him become a useful player rather than a statpadder.

MJ(Mean John) 10-06-2009 08:14 PM

I have ALWAYS liked ZBO.

I never understood why ppl have hated him so bad over the years?

I've always thought that for a fat guy, he can get the job done.

things that ive never liked were that he doesnt really pass the ball, or doesnt play defense. But when he played for the clippers, he just reassured my thinking.

WTF? does this guy get bashed for?

He is a BEAST. auto 20/10.

maybe if he lost some weight and gained some muscle?

idk but his arms look small for a big.

lakerfreak 10-10-2009 06:50 AM

he needs to play TEAM ball.

qrich 10-10-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
I have ALWAYS liked ZBO.

I never understood why ppl have hated him so bad over the years?

I've always thought that for a fat guy, he can get the job done.

things that ive never liked were that he doesnt really pass the ball, or doesnt play defense. But when he played for the clippers, he just reassured my thinking.

WTF? does this guy get bashed for?

He is a BEAST. auto 20/10.

maybe if he lost some weight and gained some muscle?

idk but his arms look small for a big.

Simple, he was the last piece of the "Jail-Blazers" and that reputation has stuck by him.