Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Gerald Henderson (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146579)

J23 09-12-2009 10:59 PM

Gerald Henderson

I feel he is going to be great in Charlotte

rufuspaul 09-13-2009 07:39 AM

Re: Gerald Henderson

As much as I have cursed him for breaking Tyler Hansbrough's nose I must agree with you. He's smart, tough and well-coached. Not the best shooter, but that is probably the easiest thing to improve. I think he'll become a great defender over time especially with Raja and LB teaching him.

onewickedlady 09-13-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
As much as I have cursed him for breaking Tyler Hansbrough's nose I must agree with you. He's smart, tough and well-coached. Not the best shooter, but that is probably the easiest thing to improve. I think he'll become a great defender over time especially with Raja and LB teaching him.

So we should be excited???????????? Yes???????? Great!

offtheglass 10-27-2009 09:24 PM

Freak athlete. Comparable to Jamario Moon.

rufuspaul 10-28-2009 08:00 AM

Raja compared him to Kobe the other day.

Timmeh 01-22-2012 04:03 PM

Wow you went deep to find this one.

I have noticed Henderson putting up about 20 points a game, but on the other side of that, he's basically our offense and he'd be the 7th or 8th guy on pretty much any other team.

rufuspaul 01-23-2012 08:32 AM

He's been a pretty solid defender as well. Glad to see he recovered from his hip surgery.

liverpooty 01-24-2012 02:14 PM

I completely disagree with you that Henderson would be the 7th or 8th man on most other teams. By this seasons end he will probably be around 17ppg, with excellent defense, and a solid rebounder for his position. All of this while hardly working out during the offseason recovering from hip surgery. As long as he stays healthy, and continues to work on his game I dont see any reason why he cant consistently average 18 points or so a game.

Timmeh 01-24-2012 03:54 PM

Why is he averaging 18ppg? Maggette is out and he's our #1 option.

liverpooty 01-24-2012 08:05 PM

He isnt averaging 18 right now, but I think he can average 18 next year, and when the team progresses, and gets better he can settle in as a 15 ppg game scorer who is a great defender and rebounder at the 2 spot. I definitely dont think he is a 7 or 8 man on any team in the entire league. He has already demonstrated he can play at SF, and of course he can play at SG. I think you underestimate him.

liverpooty 01-24-2012 08:06 PM

Maggette is washed up. He was suppose to be our #1 option, but hasnt been, and wont be this season, nor next. Just waiting for his contract to come off the books.