Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NFL Week 7 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14719)

Carbine 10-22-2006 11:16 AM

NFL Week 7

Panthers/Bengals should be a good one.

Jaws was just speaking on Peppers moving around on the line. Bengals need to be aware of him at all times or Carson could be in for a long day.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 10-22-2006 12:05 PM

Eagles vs Bucs is going to be good

GOBB 10-22-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
Panthers/Bengals should be a good one.

Jaws was just speaking on Peppers moving around on the line. Bengals need to be aware of him at all times or Carson could be in for a long day.

Aware? Even rain man is aware of Peppers the key is to stop, contain his impact. I'm aware of Peppers taking a dump reading Sporting News. Can I stop Peppers or make his role in the game less vital for the Panthers D? That is the only thing Bengals should be worried about because double, triple Peppers still dominates. So you think of ways to go at, away, block, scheme him and hope for the best.

And why is Peppers the talk? Steve Smith is just as much of a threat on the other side. 2 game changers. Hopefully West Side doesnt show up with his stupid play by play crap.

Jerm 10-22-2006 12:50 PM

How can you guys sit through a game that's supposed to be 48minutes but goes on for 3 hours?...It's not even like you end up getting 48 minutes of action, only about 12 minutes of real action with all the fist pumping and rolling on the floor going on. You guys should demand less ads. during the game, it will make it more interesting.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 10-22-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

How can you guys sit through a game that's supposed to be 48minutes but goes on for 3 hours?...

easy

bagelred 10-22-2006 12:52 PM

Nbc

Can anyone explain why NBC has a "bye week" on its Sunday Night coverage? I don't get it. Why does a network need a bye week for? They aren't showing anything special tonight....so what gives....

I really look forward to Sunday Night game. Anyone know why?

bigkingsfan 10-22-2006 12:52 PM

You don't sit through halftime and commercial and you flip the channels to other games, I usually snack and use the computer during a game too.

Kblaze8855 10-22-2006 12:57 PM

Peppers looks like a hall of famer a lot of times. This season id say has been his best. Hes doing some crazy ****. Man his size nearly getting the sack and making it from the backfield to make the tackle 10 yards past the line of scrimmage near out of bounds with no other panther in the play. He gets all over the field like a linebacker despite having to rush the passer every down. He still ends up near the ball on damn near every play. He has games with like 8 tackles a sack a forced fumble and a FG block. And its not even that unusual. I think hes leading the NFL in sacks too. I dont know his contract info but I know hes probably worth more than hes paid.

Carbine 10-22-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

And why is Peppers the talk? Steve Smith is just as much of a threat on the other side. 2 game changers. Hopefully West Side doesnt show up with his stupid play by play crap.

No doubt.

I mentioned Peppers because Jaws was speaking about him. He's the only one on the crew that thought Peppers was more valuable to the Panthers success than Smith. I donno, it's a toss up really. It all starts & ends up front though - so I'd lean towards Peppers, inarguably the best defensive lineman in football this year.

Mike Irvin is such a square. He was saying how the winner of the Dallas/NY game was the class of the NFC. Chicago, Mike?

Smith shoulda hauled that in....

RidonKs 10-22-2006 01:07 PM

Someone told me that there's only actually 3-4 minutes of football "played" each game. Is this true (like from when the ball in snapped to the end of play whistle, added all together)?

Kblaze8855 10-22-2006 01:09 PM

Something like that. Maybe a bit more. 6-8 minutes maybe. Plays only last an average of like 4 seconds.

And I dont have a game on CBS. That local or is CBS not having a game at all this week?

Carbine 10-22-2006 01:10 PM

Well, the typical play lasts 6 seconds or so.

About 65-70 snaps per team, 130-140 snaps a game on average.

140 X 6 is 840. So 840 seconds is about 14 minutes.

I guess he was wrong.

AKADS 10-22-2006 01:11 PM

I got Buf vs NE on CBS

bagelred 10-22-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Something like that. Maybe a bit more. 6-8 minutes maybe. Plays only last an average of like 4 seconds.

And I dont have a game on CBS. That local or is CBS not having a game at all this week?

Yeah it's about 10 minutes tops of action. Americans like sports with lots of "pauses". Americans do not like sports that are continuous. Americans have a short attention span, so need sports with many pauses.

Soccer and hockey are both continuous sports where offense and defense simply flow together...americans hate that....that's why we are the only country in the world that doesn't like soccer.....

(for those about to argue, basketball is not continuous. You have an offense then defense and clearly defined. Plus many game stops along the way...)

Kblaze8855 10-22-2006 01:16 PM

I think Americans hate soccer and hockey because so much time of nothing happening when it could be. In the NFL a Wr might be 40-50 yards down the field at the end of a play. He cant just teleport back to the huddle. They have to have time. Its not slow despite constant action. Its slow because its a huge field with guys ending up all over it and needing to get back where they started and decide what to do next. Hockey and soccer basically never stop and even with that.....nothing much happens.