Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Jermaine O'Neal, An Ideal Fit? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473)

ALBballer 06-15-2006 12:04 AM

Jermaine O'Neal, An Ideal Fit?

Jermaine O'Neal is probably the ideal fit next to Curry. He can shoot, get blocks, defend and rebound, and if Curry could find a better way to pass the ball, they seriously could be the be 4/5 combo in the NBA. Plus, Jermaine wouldn't take much heat from not playing in the post since Eddy Curry would be there. But what would it take to get him here:

Knicks:
Jalen Rose
Channing Frye
Nate Robinson

for

Jermaine O'Neal

Dunno, maybe we could swap Tinsley and Jamal Crawford, if they wanted to.

houselog442 06-15-2006 01:54 AM

Hate to say this but, YOUR DREAMING! Why would Indiana want any of those players? Channing Frye is a face the basket shooter that is soft and cannot defend! Nate Robinson is not as popular as people think (5'9 2 guard) and the 20th pick in the draft is worthless in this stinker of a draft! You got to have a high up pick to even consider a Jermaine O'Neal and that idiot Isiah traded 2 of them to the Bulls to get that overweight, overrated, overpaid Eddy Curry!

brooklynchild155 06-15-2006 11:20 AM

jermaine oneal isnt a good fit because we got channing frye already he goin to be a real good player someday

jjswifty 06-16-2006 05:01 AM

JO is getting old and gets injured every year. Last season was 8 weeks,the season before that was for about a month. We got the young guy and the only hope in NY. If he gets traded, I think there would be mass suicide.

The REAL Next KNICK 06-16-2006 10:14 AM

if we trade frye for oneil i wouldnt be a happy fan and then give up the 20 pick? stop

jjswifty 06-16-2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK
if we trade frye for oneil i wouldnt be a happy fan and then give up the 20 pick? stop

It sounds like something Isiah would do...I wouldnt be shocked.:banghead:

ALBballer 06-16-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK

What can Frye do that Jermaine O'Neal can't? Shooting jumpshots is Frye's biggest strength, and guess what Jermaine O'Neal is as good, if not better jumpshooter then Frye at shooting, and to add on top of that, Jermaine has a better post game, I would do this trade in a heartbeat, but I don't know if the Pacers would. If they did this trade, and let Peja walk, they could have a good lottery pick in a strong draft next year, and have some money for one of the biggest Free-agent markets.

BTW, I just don't get some of you fans, why is Channing Frye considered untradeable?

Michael_Who? 06-17-2006 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBballer

BTW, I just don't get some of you fans, why is Channing Frye considered untradeable?

His name is Channing. Who names their kid Channing? thats nba material right there. :roll:

houselog442 06-17-2006 03:21 AM

I wonder if Knicks 1999 1st round draft pick and greatest posterized player ever, Frederick Weiss, is still available! hahahaha

JinTheWindMaster 06-18-2006 12:50 PM

Channing Frye in 3 years> O'Neal