Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pictures of new Rockets alternate uniforms (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147599)

insidehoops 09-23-2009 10:11 PM

Pictures of new Rockets alternate uniforms

Pix in here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4817

Jordandunk23 09-23-2009 10:46 PM

Re: Pictures of new Rockets alternate uniforms

Q.E.C 09-24-2009 12:31 AM

So what are your thoughts? I like them, now its time to get black and yellow lol.

Jordandunk23 09-24-2009 02:24 AM

yeah i like em... it came out similar to what we've been predicting awhile back lol.

really i was looking for a whole new set, kinda getting tired of the metallic red but adding an alternative is nice too.

Q.E.C 09-24-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
yeah i like em... it came out similar to what we've been predicting awhile back lol.

really i was looking for a whole new set, kinda getting tired of the metallic red but adding an alternative is nice too.

I wish the Rockets would go ahead and add black to their colors but I guess there not feeling black. Like I said I would love to see these as black, white, and yellow than the red. If we replaced that red with black I think the jerseys would look much better.

Jordandunk23 09-24-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q.E.C
I wish the Rockets would go ahead and add black to their colors but I guess there not feeling black. Like I said I would love to see these as black, white, and yellow than the red. If we replaced that red with black I think the jerseys would look much better.

at first when you were talking about black, yellow, white i was like wtf? what would that look like but after thinking about it, i think those would look pretty good. it gives a steelers feel.

like people in the main forum mentioned though, this is pretty much for the chinese fans, i mean that's basically what the alternate uniforms are. my theory, with yao ming out for the whole season, they need to keep their chinese fan base tuned in??

but with other uniforms, there's so much possibilities, but im tired of the metallic red away jerseys lol. i think they need to implement the navy blue again.

Q.E.C 09-25-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

at first when you were talking about black, yellow, white i was like wtf? what would that look like but after thinking about it, i think those would look pretty good. it gives a steelers feel.

like people in the main forum mentioned though, this is pretty much for the chinese fans, i mean that's basically what the alternate uniforms are. my theory, with yao ming out for the whole season, they need to keep their chinese fan base tuned in??

but with other uniforms, there's so much possibilities, but im tired of the metallic red away jerseys lol. i think they need to implement the navy blue again.

KB24 made this in the photoshop thread.

gasolina 09-25-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

I don't really get this. Would americans love wearing red white and blue? Frankly I'd be sick of red and yellow if a was chinese.

Jordandunk23 09-25-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina
I don't really get this. Would americans love wearing red white and blue? Frankly I'd be sick of red and yellow if a was chinese.

you make a good point and i understand what your saying. but i think it has something to do with Yao Ming's status, being the face of chinese basketball and being the face of an American Franchise in houston rockets... making those jerseys shows an appeal to chinese fans. its like when USA basketball wear their colors to the olympics, i think these alternate jerseys would be appealing to chinese fans as well as it translating to american fans. i don't know, just a theory... i mean they are classic houston colors nonetheless.

Magic Vinsanity 10-05-2009 12:47 PM

I like them, modern with a retro Rockets feel. I'm hoping for a black Orlando kit in the current style.

I dont really like the black photoshop version, first thing I thought of when I saw it was the Indiana Pacers.