Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Bobcats sign Flip Murray (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147716)

insidehoops 09-25-2009 01:56 AM

Bobcats sign Flip Murray

The AP reports: The Charlotte Bobcats came to terms late Thursday with free agent guard Ronald “Flip” Murray on a one-year, $1.99 million deal. Agent Mark Termini said Murray chose the Bobcats after also having discussions with the Cleveland Cavaliers. He averaged 12.2 points last season coming off the bench for the Atlanta Hawks, and gives coach Larry Brown more options in the backcourt.

Quizno 09-25-2009 02:11 AM

Re: Bobcats sign Flip Murray

awesome pickup by the 'Cats on this one, definitely gives us some much needed help in the back court.

rufuspaul 09-25-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizno
awesome pickup by the 'Cats on this one, definitely gives us some much needed help in the back court.

Cool. All we need now is a backup PF.

Makes me wonder now what the big trade will be. We're obviously done with free agency and we don't have all the pieces we want. We're set a the guard positions but lacking good backup forwards. We're overloaded at center.

Bobcat4Ever 09-25-2009 12:33 PM

So someone in our FO does indeed have signs of intelligence.

onewickedlady 09-25-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
So someone in our FO does indeed have signs of intelligence.

Miracles never cease.

Brakas 09-25-2009 04:05 PM

Pretty good signing. Is Muhammad on his last year? I am guessing he will be the trade bait along with Bell.

onewickedlady 09-25-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brakas
Pretty good signing. Is Muhammad on his last year? I am guessing he will be the trade bait along with Bell.

Everything I've read says that Nazr looks really good and has been playing well. I guess there has to be a decision made between trading Nazr or Diop. Is that right?

Brakas 09-25-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Everything I've read says that Nazr looks really good and has been playing well. I guess there has to be a decision made between trading Nazr or Diop. Is that right?

I would imagine that Diop will be pretty impossible to trade seeing he has the longer contract. Especially if he loses the back up spot.

Timmeh 09-26-2009 12:21 AM

I commented on the original thread this broke in, but I'll say it again.

I am absolutely excited about this signing. Murray was exactly the type of player we needed. On top of that, I think he'll out-perform Henderson in camp and take the backup spot while Gerald gets some D-League time.

rufuspaul 09-26-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

I wonder if Spectre can tell us which one has the sh*ttier contract. :oldlol:

onewickedlady 09-26-2009 01:40 PM

We also signed another player. An undrafted rookie. What do you all know about him?

BeebCats 09-26-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

We also signed another player. An undrafted rookie. What do you all know about him?

I haven't heard anything about this, link?

onewickedlady 09-26-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeebCats
I haven't heard anything about this, link?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...ry/969905.html

See last part of article.

BeebCats 09-26-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Oh cool, thanks. I remember him from Memphis... not much of him, I just remember him being there. I was watching more of CDR and Rose (I still wish we took CDR with our 38th pick or whatever it was :()

Quote:

Overview
One of the nation's top defensive players ... Assigned to guard the opponents' top perimeter player ... Also one of the country's top all-around performers ... A versatile player who can play the 1, 2 or 3 ... The Tigers' "glue" player ... Creative with the ball ... A solid all-around player ... Dual threat who can shoot the three-pointer or drive to the basket.

Career
Has played in 113 games, starting 96 ... Averaging 7.9 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.3 assists ... Shooting 40.5 percent from the field, 31.8 percent from the arc and 60.8 percent from the charity stripe ... Has 371 assists, 32 blocks and 164 steals ... Has an assist-to-turnover ratio of 2.3:1 ... Led team in minutes played all three years (1030 as a freshman, 1007 as a sophomore, 1180 as a junior) ... Ranked among Memphis all-time leaders in assists (No. 9 with 371), steals (No. 7 with 164) and three-pointers made (No. 9 with 119) ... First Tiger since Antonio Burks to have three-straight years of 100-plus assists ... Led Memphis all three years in steals and is first Tiger player to do so since Antonio Burks ... Averaging an incredible 0.05 turnovers per minute played in career (161 TO/3197 minutes) ... Played in 14 postseason games (all NCAA Tournament).
http://www.gotigersgo.com/sports/m-b...antonio00.html

Sounds like a defensive guard in case we trade off raja.

Brakas 09-26-2009 07:44 PM

He looks pretty nice. Looks like Brown is adding a few cheaper Raja replacements. Maybe that's how we get a PF.

http://memphis.fandome.com/video/113...ighlights-Mix/