Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tiki Barber has a "little sugar in his tank" (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14935)

Tarik One 10-24-2006 01:50 PM

Tiki Barber has a "little sugar in his tank"

I was watching the MNF game last night as well as the constant interviews with Tiki Barber and one of my relatives indicated that he didn't act so "manly". I concurred, given Tiki's voice and mannerisms. So the question is. Is Tiki a Teabagger?

Boki4MVP 10-24-2006 01:53 PM

hes just well spoken.

Younggrease 10-24-2006 01:56 PM

tiki barber is great. I mean he speaks so well, and is so well spoken.

Mark Cuban 10-24-2006 01:56 PM

That MNF telecast was atrocious, ESPN Has ruined Football on Monday night

Real Men Wear Green 10-24-2006 02:16 PM

He actually looked high to me. High or drunk.

Rasheed1 10-24-2006 02:21 PM

I noticed he acts a bit tooty fruity too

Too much b*tch in his talk, too much switch in his walk....

Not to mention he plays for the Giants

Mark Cuban 10-24-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I noticed he acts a bit tooty fruity too

Too much b*tch in his talk, too much switch in his walk....

Not to mention he plays for the Giants

The fact he plays for the Giants is the best one

Y2Gezee 10-24-2006 02:28 PM

the man can't help how his voice sounds.

Knoe Itawl 10-24-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
tiki barber is great. I mean he speaks so well, and is so well spoken.

I hate when people say this shyt.

You hardly ever hear someone say about a white person that they "speak so well".

But with a black person, anytime he's not going "yeah son so you nahmean i had to get the job done word up" people act all surprised like "My goodness, he's so articulate. I'm so impressed" as if it's some shock that a black person could speak clear, concise English.

TiMavericks21 10-24-2006 02:30 PM

And yet nothing about Strahan?

Barber's extremely intelligent and articulate, apparently now a days that makes a man homosexual?

HardTattooedThug 10-24-2006 02:32 PM

Knoe you're an idiot for even bringing race into this. Tiki IS well-spoken, no matter what the heck his race is. He is not well-spoken simply becasue he is black.

And he is def. straight. Lots of straight men act like he does, especially in the 30s and married with children. Not every athlete is some hard, tattooed thug.

PMshooter 10-24-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardTattooedThug
Knoe you're an idiot for even bringing race into this. Tiki IS well-spoken, no matter what the heck his race is. He is not well-spoken simply becasue he is black.

And he is def. straight. Lots of straight men act like he does, especially in the 30s and married with children. Not every athlete is some hard, tattooed thug.

:applause: On a couple of levels.

Younggrease 10-24-2006 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
I hate when people say this shyt.

You hardly ever hear someone say about a white person that they "speak so well".

But with a black person, anytime he's not going "yeah son so you nahmean i had to get the job done word up" people act all surprised like "My goodness, he's so articulate. I'm so impressed" as if it's some shock that a black person could speak clear, concise English.

I was doing it to mock the first response...thats why i said it. I was trying to get someone to say exactly what you said. Dave Chapelle did a skit on it too. I find it insulting.

It like the first thing people say about Clarence Thomas or Condi Rice is WOW she speaks so well.

Thorpesaurous 10-24-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

I was doing it to mock the first response...thats why i said it. I was trying to get someone to say exactly what you said. Dave Chapelle did a skit on it too. I find it insulting.

That's a Chris Rock bit. He did it in reference to Colin Powell. How white people all say how well spoken he is. He's an educated man, what the hell do you expect him to sound like "I's goin' be Pres-OH-Dent!!!"

The biggest strike against Tiki has got to be that dance he does in the Circuit City commercial for the flat screen TV. And there was some rediculous rumor about Strahan having an affair with the Doctor from Celebrity Fit Club floating around in reference to his recent, and somewhat ugly split with his wife.

GOBB 10-24-2006 03:21 PM

Tiki Barber is white.