Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   NFL Week 6 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149969)

Posterize246 10-17-2009 01:48 PM

NFL Week 6

****. I wanna watch Saints/Giants tomorrow and instead I'm getting Baltimore/Minnesota. Still a good game but COME ON! Bears/Falcons is a pretty good night game.

Texans over Bengals tomorrow. Sorry mlh.

pete's montreux 10-17-2009 01:50 PM

Re: NFL Week 6

Saints/Giants the best game on Sunday @ 1PM. Gimme a break. That's got SNF written all over it. :rolleyes: Instead of being a national game people gotta find a stream online or watch boxscores. Good going NFL.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 10-17-2009 01:52 PM

Giants vs Saints is going to be a battle

Posterize246 10-17-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Giants vs Saints is going to be a battle

Did you really have to find the goofiest looking pick of A-Rod?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 10-17-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
Did you really have to find the goofiest looking pick of A-Rod?

lol yessirrrr

mlh1981 10-17-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246

Texans over Bengals tomorrow. Sorry mlh.

This game has me worried as well. Houston can't run the ball, so I think they will be going to a lot of 3 reciever sets. We do a good job of shutting down teams' top receivers, but as a whole, our pass defense is lacking a bit and susceptible to tight ends catching passes in the middle of the field

Houston is great against the pass, horrible against the run. This bodes well for Cedric Benson.

Also, the Texans are an excellent special teams whereas we can't cover anyone very well.

Plus, you got intangibles such as players having a bit of an emotional letdown after so many tough divisional games in a row.

On a side note, does anyone else read the online newspapers/blogs/etc of your fav team's opponent for the week? I usually do this and find it to be quite interesting. Was reading the Houston Chronicle to see what they had to say about the game.

IcanzIIravor 10-17-2009 09:25 PM

Looking forward to my Raiders coming to the stadium and checking out early. Is it wrong to lick my chops that I have McNabb as my fantasy qb? Giants/Saints should be good. I think Texans/Bengals will be another nail biter.

MarloStanfield 10-17-2009 09:29 PM

I'll be watching Vikings/Minnesota (RAY RICE SHOW) followed by the Eagles vs Raiders while I steam the Patriots game online. And of course the Chicago Atlanta game @ 8.

I have a vested interest in basically every game so there's never a bad game for me.

Kobe Jnr 10-17-2009 09:33 PM

i dont get it, i though u guys have all the games to choose from, i checked tv guide and Australia is showing saints/ giants giddyyy up!

~primetime~ 10-17-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
This game has me worried as well. Houston can't run the ball, so I think they will be going to a lot of 3 reciever sets. We do a good job of shutting down teams' top receivers, but as a whole, our pass defense is lacking a bit and susceptible to tight ends catching passes in the middle of the field

Houston is great against the pass, horrible against the run. This bodes well for Cedric Benson.

Also, the Texans are an excellent special teams whereas we can't cover anyone very well.

Plus, you got intangibles such as players having a bit of an emotional letdown after so many tough divisional games in a row.

On a side note, does anyone else read the online newspapers/blogs/etc of your fav team's opponent for the week? I usually do this and find it to be quite interesting. Was reading the Houston Chronicle to see what they had to say about the game.

If Cincy can't handle up on Houston at home then that will confuse me...

Houston lost to the Cards, Jacksonville, and got crushed by the Jets...

Cincy has beaten the Steelers and Baltimore, and only lost to Denver who they should have beaten...

I know "any given Sunday"...but Cincy is a better team.

IcanzIIravor 10-17-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I'll be watching Vikings/Minnesota (RAY RICE SHOW) followed by the Eagles vs Raiders while I steam the Patriots game online. And of course the Chicago Atlanta game @ 8.

I have a vested interest in basically every game so there's never a bad game for me.

When is this avatar bet over? :lol

Seriously when you're both on the same threads.

bballer 10-17-2009 09:42 PM

Ravens v. Vikings

mlh1981 10-17-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
If Cincy can't handle up on Houston at home then that will confuse me...

Houston lost to the Cards, Jacksonville, and got crushed by the Jets...

Cincy has beaten the Steelers and Baltimore, and only lost to Denver who they should have beaten...

I know "any given Sunday"...but Cincy is a better team.

I guess it's just years and years of failure that sometimes lead me to still expect the worst.

The team is finally starting to get some good press. I hope they don't start to pat themselves on the back, thinking that they have accomplished anything yet. A lot of season still left.

I know Carson Palmer won't do that, but some of these guys I think are susceptible to buying into the hype. What I liked last week was Chad Ocho Cinco simply getting up and moving on from the Ray Lewis hit. I think that kind of stuff really sets the tone. "You gotta hit me harder than that"

I'm still trying to get adapted to success and am probably still overly pessimistic. We got Chicago after this. Could very well be 6-1 heading into the bye, which is important with a home game to Baltimore and a trip to Pittsburgh following that.

Posterize246 10-17-2009 09:50 PM

At the barber shop today some guy said Ochocinco had on his twitter "don't fine Ray Lewis, you need to save those fines for me" or something like that :lol

BankShot 10-17-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballer
Ravens v. Vikings

Can't wait to watch this game... the Ravens are probably in my top-5 favorite non-Vikings teams, which should make for a great game to watch as a fan.

12:00 CST. :cheers: