Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   2009-10 Season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151284)

InspiredLebowski 10-29-2009 05:19 AM

2009-10 Season

OK, if you're posting on a game that no one else has yet, it'd be cool if you BOLD the date and opponent to make for slick future viewing.

10/28/09 @ ATL, Game 1

Learn to pass! I'll have more later after I watch the DVR.

Miller Time 10-29-2009 06:29 AM

Re: 2009-10 Season

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
OK, if you're posting on a game that no one else has yet, it'd be cool if you BOLD the date and opponent to make for slick future viewing.

10/28/09 @ ATL, Game 1

Learn to pass! I'll have more later after I watch the DVR.

Pacers made too many turnovers, you can't win a game if you make more than 25 turnovers.. :/ Murphy was really sloppy with his passes, especially the first outlet pass to the point guard.

catzhernandez 10-29-2009 05:06 PM

Dahntay Jones tried to do too much.

But we learned Murphy, Granger and Earl Watson will all be big time contributers this year. We already knew about Murph and Danny, but Earl looks like he's gonna step right into Jarrett's role from last year.

Can't wait to see them against the Heat tomorrow.

Miller Time 10-29-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Dahntay Jones tried to do too much.

But we learned Murphy, Granger and Earl Watson will all be big time contributers this year. We already knew about Murph and Danny, but Earl looks like he's gonna step right into Jarrett's role from last year.

Can't wait to see them against the Heat tomorrow.

I agree with you, Dahntay shot way too many ill advised shots and B-Rush did not shoot nearly enough. B-Rush needs to get the ball more and when he does; he needs to be more selfish and shoot it or attack the basket.

And as you said one positive surprise was Earl Watson.

Now hopefully Pacers get that first win against the Heat, Pacers need to continue their streak of 17 wins @ home against the Heat.

mateo31 10-29-2009 05:58 PM

Turnovers and points off turnovers are two categories the Pacers lost badly to Atlanta on Wednesday night. Atlanta also tightened up its defense in the fourth quarter as well. Hopefully the Pacers can get a "w" against Miami tomorrow.

InspiredLebowski 11-06-2009 09:33 PM

11/6, v. Wizards, Game 5

I just stepped in the house and ther's just afew minutes left but we're smoking the Wiz by 20! So maybe Catz and I were overreacting. Hans got on the floor and from the boxscore looks like he did well, Hibert continuing his beastly ways. Rush turned an ankle though I guess. Can't wait to watch this game in full.

catzhernandez 11-06-2009 11:24 PM

To be fair to you and I, we weren't overreacting, the team really was that bad to begin with, and we had reasons to be alarmed, though I'm not usually a sky is falling kind of a guy, I was legitimately scared.

Anyways, maybe this team can put it together, and maybe since they got the taste of victory, and they know what roles each has to play, that they may have turned the corner in a quick amount of time.

This is how I'm seeing it.

After the terrible first quarter we had against Denver, we only lost the last three quarters of that game by one point, with guys like McRoberts, Dahntay, and Ford making a difference.

We won the other night, and we put up a good victory against the Wizards tongiht, a team who have looked to be on the up, beating a tough Dallas team IN Dallas. So they are a decent team, that's for sure.

Hibbert is getting better and better, learning to stay away from the foul, averaging a double double, and we're finding success without all of our players. Murphy's been out for two straight games, coincidentally both wins for us, and Rush left tonight's game early.

Tyler Hansbrough was awesome tonight. Awesome. 13 points and 5 boards in 13 short minutes. Provided lots of hustle and energy, and got to the line quite a few times. Good signs for us.

mateo31 11-07-2009 11:03 PM

I was very impressed with the win against the Wizards last night. That is the best I have seen the Pacers play both offensively AND defensively in the same game in years. I suppose though there will still be some bumps in the road but I am intrigued by the way the Pacers have played the last two games. The next two games against Golden State & Boston will be interesting.

InspiredLebowski 12-06-2009 01:11 AM

I'm dreaming of John Wall

InspiredLebowski 12-22-2009 08:51 AM

Am I the only one still watching, nay, suffering through games? This season's already becoming mighty tedious, it's just "well, we lost again, bring on 2011." Something's brewing, Bird and Morway have been on road trips, O'Brien's suddenly made lineup changes. Seems like a lot of the recent coaching has been coming from the front office more than the bench.

I just have to say, Ford needs benched. I don't mean not starting, I mean benched. I have no idea how he led the nation in assists when he was at Texas, the dude has 3.7 APG (a tenth higher than his 3PT %). I wish I could see how many of those are actual set up a guy for a shot assists compared to driving the lane because he can, getting stuck, and just throwing it out. Get Price in there. Roy continues to be an offensive stud and far too slow to play defense. At least Hansbrough and Rush are showing some good signs of life.

catzhernandez 12-23-2009 03:10 PM

Still watching... Still losing...

Oh well.

InspiredLebowski 12-27-2009 08:22 PM

This has gotten embarrassing.

Miller Time 12-28-2009 05:46 AM

I'm still watching as well, Pacers really blow this year. Lets just tank, draft John Wall and let next season begin.

catzhernandez 12-28-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller Time
I'm still watching as well, Pacers really blow this year. Lets just tank, draft John Wall and let next season begin.

Please...

InspiredLebowski 12-28-2009 06:27 PM

I can handle being a bad team, "bad" I can sort of understand why it's happening, but this is just terrible. I have no idea how to fix this but trade em all, and no one wants our guys.